Been away for 22 months and lots has changed

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Been away for 22 months and lots has changed

• I’m really happy with most of the changes I’ve noticed over the past week I have been playing again. My BIGGEST PET PEEVE IS FIXED!! One of the main reasons I quit the game (aside from personal ones) was the tower of fortune. It used to be that if you did not pay for the monthly gem letter you got a free try to continue. BUT, if you did pay for it <u>you didn’t</u>. I am happy to pay a 15 dollar monthly fee (which it basically is) for a game that gives me hours of daily play opportunity. For a retired, disabled, mostly housebound person play time is very important. It just kept making me madder and madder every day. And angry birds has been the only games I’ve enjoyed in modern gaming.

Anyways, hello all! Hope to be back for good this time!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • ZeZe
    @zeze

Hi

Have you tried Lemmings?  It’s a clever development of the game and has hundreds of levels.

Champ
    @pistolpete

Grammy K,

I think that issue does still exist to some extent.  I’ve noticed that if you enter the Tower soon after it’s offered it does not always give you the option of the video to get a free spin.  What I usually do is when it is offered, I play a level, a daily challenge or a clan battle, then clear the app from my phone, log in again and then play another level, challenge or battle.  Seems to work most of the time.

Happy playing!

Champ

grammyK
    @grammyk

Hello @zeze, I was a lemmings fanatic, way back in the day when it was on PC. I’ve tried a few of my old favourites when I notice a mobile version exists but either they are just not the same, or my interests have gone in different directions. Mostly I was a whiz on the keyboard for gaming in the past; I didn’t use the mouse much and don’t like the way many of my favourites work with swiping a touch screen.

I read your other post about reaching the 600s FP and the discussion with @pistolpete . It really is a slow slog from there. That is where I was when I quit 22 months ago. Now I’m just focusing on the enjoyment side. Trying to get better at the levels, looking to interact with people more, laughing harder at the funny things that happen in the levels. Not worrying anymore about progress. Trying to figure out why I’m so mediocre at AB2 when I was so good at all the original AB flinging games :-).

grammyK
    @grammyk

@pistolpete , I did notice that I do not get the free bird now and then, but at least most of the time lol.

ZeZe
    @zeze

I missed Lemmings first time round (probably because my son hogged the computer) but had a great time with NeoLemmix.  I still play the odd game of the Android version which I enjoy.

The sudden stop on smooth progress once the Exotic hats is reached must put many players off the game.  I wonder why Rovio ignore this.

Like you, I wonder why I haven’t become a whizz.  I’ve played games since the beginning when they were text based.

Champ
    @pistolpete

It really is perseverance from here on out. My second account, on my wife’s phone, is at a FP of 850, so I have broke through the barrier twice. It does take time, but the more you put in the faster it goes. But not everyone has the time and they probably leave.

We’re not going to be in the top players, as they have year’s worth of head start on us, but have fun and progress as much as you want to.

Champ
    @pistolpete

And do you play on Android or IOS? Our clan is IOS…

Champ
    @pistolpete

And do you play on Android or IOS? Our clan is IOS…

grammyK
    @grammyk

@pistolpete  . I am on iOS. I was fanatically anti apple until I discovered angry birds. The manually entered scores on this site held no interest for me and I really wanted to get on the Game Center so that’s when I bought my first iPad. I’m ranked anywhere from top 3000 to top 300 in the original 7 flingers  out of all those millions of people (please forgive the brag lol).

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze, speaking of text based games, sounds like we may have some history in common. I was a Unix programmer analyst starting in 1988 and caught the games bug way back then. I played hangman, worm, many puzzle games, and a great game called castle when dos came out. My son took over the text base rpg’s. When graphics hit the scene there were mars attacks, Arctic adventure, and many others, movement all controlled with jkl; and space for jump (option preferred by many).

ZeZe
    @zeze

I was a dBase III programmer in the ’80’s then had to move to applications software training when the amount of work increased.  I started with Commodore text based games on devices that plugged into the back of the console.  I typed in code from books that created games.  My son worked his way through Spectrums, BBCs, Atari, Commodore, Amiga, Nintendo, Playstation etc etc. When games came to the PC, we spent hours on LucasArts games.  He still plays on the Switch and the PlayStation.  I play on a Samsung tablet and have recently bought a Switch (I’m looking for games now).  I tried ‘In a Dark Place’ a while back but did very badly.

ZeZe
    @zeze

Correction ‘In a Dark Room’.  It’s available on ios.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@zeze. I worked on one dbIII program in my career. The manufacturing department re-typed all the orders from the main  system into it to build the product so I wrote an interface between the two.

I didn’t find specifically “in a dark room” but found this: (I like escape room games but generally can’t afford the money they want for a game that ends in a day or two)

Champ
    @pistolpete

We started off with an Atari 2600, then Commodore 64, then my brothers bought an Amiga.

I got a Megadrive (Japanese import), SNES then PlayStations…

Kids these days will never know the pain of loading a cassette game on a 64, waiting 10 minutes only to have it crash! :-s

ZeZe
    @zeze

@champ.  Or the memory of typing in code for hours, making one mistake and spending hours trying to find it.  The joys of basic!

@grammyk
    . If you have a PC, the game is around.  Add ‘text based’ into your search.  Beware burning villages (the fate of every village I had).  It’s open source and free.

grammyK
    @grammyk

@pistolpete, @zeze, we also had the Atari, commodore, and a Tandy of some sort. But my work always provided a home computer and the three of us kept it busy. I worked on a mainframe for a few years that had big reel to reel tapes.

My first take home computer was commonly called the “luggable”:

And only one of my five grandsons can type with ten fingers/thumbs lol.

I found the game, browser based, will try it out tomorrow. I did not want to see windows ever again (it killed my laptop one week after warranty expired) so I got myself a Raspberry Pi. Back to my Unix roots. It’s very cool and will mostly be used to organize my photos to pass down. But I’m thinking I will check out what games people have made for it.

Sherry Unisys I worked on from 89 to 92. And our phones now have more power and capability.

ZeZe
    @zeze

I had that machine.  It was a very desirable piece of kit.

I played bricks on it when the boss wasn’t around.

ZeZe
    @zeze

@grammy K, I tried to describe that computer to someone.  The best I could do was ‘a sewing machine with a keyboard base’.  It was just about luggable.

Let me know how you get on with the game.  I never got the balance of the workers v successfully growing the village.

Another game I enjoyed was Cave Story although I gave up at the final boss.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Been away for 22 months and lots has changed

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.