Be careful when syncing between two devices + what to do to fix the game

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Be careful when syncing between two devices + what to do to fix the game

• This topic is to serve as a warning.

Yesterday I synced my progress of AB Transformers from my Android to my iPad. The progress was synced, but for some reason the portals turned green, as in, the missions became completed. I claimed my prizes, but strangely I was able to claim my prizes again from the same portal and I was able to do that unlimited times. This applied to all portals. I restarted the game hoping to fix this, but instead the game started lagging horribly. I closed the game on my iPad and opened it on my Android, and unfortunately the progress from my iPad was synced and the game started lagging on my Android too. Now I’m not able to play the game (well, I can, but with such lagging, I don’t want to). Today I sent a support request to Rovio regarding this issue, asking to either create a fix to the problem or either restore my progress from a time before the game started acting out.

Use caution when syncing the progress between two devices if you don’t want to end up like me. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that my story will have a happy ending. Rovio fixed my game.

WHAT TO DO TO FIX THE GAME? If you’re experiencing these problems, try asking Rovio to restore your progress from one day before the game started running badly (you’ll need to specify the date, for example, July 19), because this is exactly how Rovio managed to fix my game. Make sure you had connected the game to Facebook, otherwise it won’t work.

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Replies
  • Cerpin
    @cerpin

This is exactly the same problem I had!! I thought this might have been fixed due to me logging out of Game Centre, not sure now as I know I deleted the app from my Ipad earlier, now I’m only playing on Iphone. The lag has totally gone, although I still get the occasional repeated rewards from missions, which I’m not complaining about.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@cerpin What about Transformers’ upgrades? At the time the game was acting out, when my Prowl was upgrading, I used gems to speed up his upgrade. He was upgraded, but for some reason his upgrade timer was still there, as in, he was still in upgrade mode. I used gems again and he was upgraded to a higher level. While doing this I managed to upgrade him to level 15, but strangely the game glitched out so badly that upgrades beyond level 15 were possible for Prowl.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Again, the same issue – Energon Lockdown has gone all the way to Level 15 but its now stuck – meaning I can’t even enter the Barracks, let alone upgrade another TF. I can only hope Rovio fix this too otherwise I’ll forever be at this level and can’t upgrade anyone else

tc1712
    @tc1712

I’ve got exactly the same problem as both of you although mine is not due to the use of 2 devices. It started after being on a slow wifi network and getting multiple “updating your progress” messages. Now, as you guys, I can claim infinite number of prizes from portals but since my Bludgeon upgrade completed I can no longer get into the barracks and game lag is terrible. Deleted games and reinstalled to no effect. Ios8.4 and yesterday’s latest game update.

Looks like I’ll be leaving this game at level 298!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

Can I ask that you guys email Rovio? I’ve sent a report on this, they replied and said they would look into it after they resolved the crashing bug.

@tc1712
    are you using Game Centre? I found that logging out of this resolved my lag issue.

otter
    @otter

I thought I was just lucky getting the multi missions coins, gems and materials…. But just like others here the barracks I am unable to get into. I guess one good thing is I now have over 3 million coins,2 k + gems and my level 15 cylows are full…. So I guess I will hang out with the professor…. I hope they fix it soon…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@otter Have you sent a support request to Rovio, because it could help speed up the process of creating a fix?

tc1712
    @tc1712

Hi @cerpin. Have reported to Rovio. Yes, tried logging out of Game Centre but it still lags and is unusable.

LBCJohnny
    @lbcgolf

Hmm… I’m a lurker who registered a couple of days ago, specifically due to this phenomenon and intended to ask about it.

Not synching between devices, nothing tricky. I play it straight, rarely used gems to quicken the time, except for getting to the eggbots.

But yesterday, I got into the completed mission portals to claim my prizes and when I got out the center orb was still glowing so I went back in claimed more prizes (checking to see if the previously claimed prizes were still there, which they were). This kept repeating 3x for the easy and hard portals and 2x for the medium, before the orb finally stopped glowing and everything went back to normal. I have completed several missions today but they stayed normal so far.

Same thing with the Barracks. I was upgrading Prowl. The completed icon was glowing, I went in to complete the upgrade, exited the Barracks, completed icon was still glowing, went back in, upgraded instantly. Went from L5 to L8 before it went back to normal. Never lost any coins other than the original cost to go from 5 to 6. Later I started upgrading Bluestreak and same thing. Went from L5 to L8, then everything was normal again.

Strange, but I ain’t complainin’

otter
    @otter

Red… I will in the morning . . My job blocks gaming sites… But this doesn’t seem to effect people using multiple devices…. We shall see…

otter
    @otter

Sent… With as much detail as I had… Hope it helps with a fix…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

UPDATE. Rovio has managed to restore my progress from one day before the game started acting out (that’s exactly what I asked for in my support request), so now the game runs perfectly again. From now on I’ll play the game on one device only.

If you’re experiencing the same problem, try asking Rovio to restore your progress from one day before the game started running badly.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

@mighty-red-1 were you having the stuck completed up-grade bug? I’ve sent requests to Rovio but no reply yet…

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@cerpin Yes, I was, but now that my game is fixed, there are no more issues, for now. Rovio replied to my request only this morning, and this was their answer:

“Joonas, Jul 24, 09:38

Thank you for contacting us!

This is actually a known issue that we’re currently investigating with a great urgency.

I have now took the liberty to restore your progress from the 19th of July, in order for you to get your progress back, please reinstall the game and once again play through the tutorial until you unlock Bumblebee and connect to your Facebook account via the crown icon. After this you should see your old progress being restored!

Hopefully this helps, please get back to us if you encounter any more issues or concerns regarding the game! Keep on popping those piggies!

Best regards,

Joonas 
    Rovio Support Team”

Bobby
    @ny2hou2dc

Same has happened to me. I hope they fix it soon

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I’ve had a reply, they’re looking into it…I’m reluctant to lose the last week’s progress as I have accumulated a lot of gems and materials, as well as the best Energicons. I hope they can fix this without restoring to an older date

otter
    @otter

All…

I do not believe this is a sync insure between multiple devices… I have been synching between 2 devices on AB ST2 and now AB2 with no issues….. My big issue issue is I put money in ABT and none of the others…..like others I have received the same candid response from Rovio and still no fix…. So I guess they feel we do not matter… So I will just play they other rovio games until they completely abandon us…

Vannie5555
    @vannie

How do you sync? Will you always end up with the higher level transformers?

gemblung
    @kutu5353

It seems that the trouble with syncing between two devices occurs while upgrading or while doing missions. Maybe we should syncing when there are no upgrading or doing the mission.

nykki
    @diamond72

I think I may be having the same problem. I have downloaded onto my IPad first. Then I decided to download to my Fire HD, simply cause it’s smaller and I carry it more. However, it constantly crashes on my Fire, won’t even let me start a single thing. I have had this “updating progress” on my IPad since yesterday morning. I had then downloaded to my phone, but the second I synced with Facebook, it is showing the upgrading notice now on everything. All three devices. Most likely will delete from my Fire since it won’t even pull up, but I thought at least it would work on my phone (Android BTW)..

Rumblebee
    @rumblebee

Hello everyone, if you are experiencing this unfortunate ”updating progress” issue, you can follow these steps to get your game working again:

Before you open the game, please sign out of your Facebook and Game Center via the iOS settings, after this you can start the game. When the notorious ”Update progress” pop-up appears, go into airplane mode and collect some coins in order to create yourself a new local save file. After this you should close the game completely, turn your wifi back on and exit from the airplane mode and open the game again. Your problem should be fixed after this.

Best regards,

Rovio Support Team

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Be careful when syncing between two devices + what to do to fix the game

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.