Banned! Hank, answer this!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Banned! Hank, answer this!

• Rovio banned two of my accounts and I have not cheated. I have reported exploits and issues and tried to work with them to get things right. I have not used any exploits in over a year. I owned a clan and we played straight.

Thing is that I have paid for my Gem Letters and I am owed those. This has become credit card fraud, selling a product and then not delivering. Unlock my accounts or I will report this fraud.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Actually, Hank, don’t bother. Already reported to Apple that Rovio accepted payment and refused to deliver purchased items. Tomorrow I will contact my credit card and report theft and fraud.

Have a nice day.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

That’s quite grim Capt. I find it really odd that they seem to ban some people pretty “marginally” while others who are blatant cheaters continue to get away with it. With those two banned accounts, had you stopped using exploits (over a year ago) or never used exploits?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Nothing left.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

It is really sad how Rovio continues to ban players that actually mean well and don’t harm anyone. Yet there are still many many players that should be banned instead – first of all those very obvious clones of already banned players.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

@jo-ha

How would you distinguish those who’ve used exploits to get max or near max FP who “mean well and don’t harm anyone” and “other cheaters”?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

There are actual programs to hack the game files, RIP. Open one up, use it to find the files for gems and pearls and give yourself millions of each. I have read about them but never tried actually using one.

As for the backup and restore exploit that once existed, that took a lot of time and effort. I used it for about a year and my FP was still less than 600 as of last week. I stopped using it when one of my lesser birds got banned about a week after the banning started. My primary account has never been banned until now and I have been playing the straight and narrow for a long time.

I still believe this is about the Report Button and clans using it in coordinated attacks on members of other clans. A few weeks ago we faced a clan from another country and our members started dropping like flies and Rovio was go so far as to kick them from my clan, leaders had no say in the matter. Over the weekend we faced another clan that had some of our former members that we kicked because of bad behavior and now it has happened again. Out of three devices and three birds, I lost two. These former members didn’t know about my third account and that one lives on.

The only silver lining here is that my clan lives on, though quite a bit weaker now. I would see clans in the past that were nothing but empty shells with the leader banned and nobody having power to kick the leader’s account. They died. This time Rovio kicked my primary account after banning me and my co-leader was automatically promoted to leader/owner.

I have spent years playing this game, spending real money on it and even reaching out through this forum to Bankler and Hank reporting issues and trying to help them make this game better for everybody. They are making it worse and honest players that don’t use hacks or even exploits are being banned and kicked. That is wrong. Seems Rovio doesn’t want people playing if they have some resources, even if they spent hundreds of dollars to buy those resources.

Not just wrong, but now it becomes theft on Rovio’s part. Some people on this forum have said that Rovio is the real cheater, and I always dismissed such comments. They have been proven right. I have seen it with my own eyes for the past month. There is a serious problem when honest people that spend money get banned and Rovio pockets the money. I am not claiming to be one of those because I did use exploits.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

When Jon got banned in the very beginning. Hank said, sorry, our mistake. Your account had recovered.

Then, a year later, Jon got banned again. No reason given.

When a player survived last couple of bans, he might be happy. But wait, a year later, he got banned. Still, no reason given.

We all might, by accidentally using so-called, exploits. Restart, backup/reinstall, maybe a couple of times but not always. No way!! Once Rovio found you had used it even once, you got banned. No reason give as always.

Sadly to see @captsternn got banned and, Rovio, you just give up those who paid to support your stock price. Those who don’t pay with max power and very low star level, still be happily alive on your MEBC leaderboard. What a drama!!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@rippiggies

How would you distinguish those who’ve used exploits to get max or near max FP who “mean well and don’t harm anyone” and “other cheaters”?

Well, to be honest, I dare not say, that I can distinguish all of them.
    I used the B&R exploit myself – though I haven’t since the banning started (as I stated before) I will never call myself innocent and would never be outraged in case I get banned. Nevertheless, the “obvious” cheaters, I think should be banned, are those who use cloned accounts after they got banned in the first place (nobody really thinks, that those names are just coincidence…). Obvious cheaters, who have 6 Samurai hats. Like @captsternn said, there are those who manipulate their gems stash by fiddling with some numbers via rooted android devices.
    What I mean with the “do no harm” players, is e.g. @captsternn – he was even trying to help once! He didn’t use the exploits to get high rankings in the boot camp. I consider using multiple cloned max FP accounts in the boot camp doing harm to others.

Davetv
    @davetv

@captsternn Sorry to hear about you being banned. This company is over the top. I have been trying to decide the best approach to being banned. I’m with you. I think it is a legal issue at this point because they are still advertising to me to buy gems and special packs even though I’m banned. As I’m sure you know you can still play the Arena, DC, KPP, RC levels. I’ve just been documenting every time they solicit me for business. I think they have awakened a mob of people who are very angry with them right now and I would bet that the game will get much worse now. They should have fixed their issues instead of taking it out on any of their players. As a business owner it is some of the worst customer service I’ve ever seen. If they are banning everyone who has ever used an exploit they will lose a lot of players. I would love to know what happens with the credit card issue. Keep us posted.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It is what it is, Yue. As I said, still have the clan and the clan is the only reason I play now. Rovio killed two of my birds, I killed the third. Starting over. If it were not for the clan I would be done.

But I did report Rovio for taking money and not delivering. It is one thing to ban a player, but it is theft and fraud when they accept payment and then refuse to deliver.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Will do, Dave. I am still around. I don’t get into all the clan talk here, don’t ever want the name of my clan mentioned at this place. But I still play and have some great friends in the game. Got to remember that it is just a game, but on the other hand there is money involved and Rovio is a thief. On that I will stay vigilant.

Juan Luis Valenciaga Parma
    @juan-luis-valenciaga-parma

Friends, I believe that many people have not read Rovio’s Privacy Policy, here is a very important clause that makes it clear that when we install the game, we authorize Rovio (thanks to the scripts, flash and pixel tags), to know absolutely everything that our device contains.

If the device has been root, you are already a suspicious person for Rovio, if it has installed cheat programs, Rovio knows it. And no matter how much you reinstall the program again and under another name and user name, Rovio has your MAC address, it is enough to check your installed programs, your photos, email and contacts to know that you are the same person. He’ll let you play for a while, and if he sees you don’t make any major purchases, he’ll ban you again. You can even be banned even if you’ve made good purchases: I’ll ban you and keep your money.

Read the following in the Private Policy: 2 AD Serving Technologie

“Rovio or third parties operating the ad serving technology may use demographic and geo-location information (for more information regarding use of Location Data see below Section 3) as well as information logged from your hardware or device to ensure that relevant advertising is presented within the Service. Rovio or third parties may collect and use data, for such purposes, including but not limited to, data such as IP address, Device ID, MAC address, installed software, application usage data, hardware type, Operating System information, browser information, unique identifiers in browser cookies, Flash cookies, and HTML5 local storage, Internet and on-line usage information and in-game information. ”

Next in : 8 Cookies Beacons and Tracking

“Web Beacons and pixel tags: A “web beacon” or a “pixel tag” is an electronic image (often not visible to the end-user) that allows Rovio to count users who have visited certain pages or viewed certain advertisements. Additionally, e-mails and other electronic communications Rovio sends to you may contain pixel tags that enable Rovio to track your usage of the communication, including whether the communication was opened and/or what links were followed, if any.”

When installing a Rovio game, the person authorizes many more rights than Facebook, Windows or Apple itself are authorized to collect.

By installing a Rovio game, the person authorizes many more rights than Facebook, Windows or Apple itself is authorized to collect. And the worst part of it is that Rovio sells all this information to third parties, so he has no control over it. Read the Privacity Police and you will see that it states that Rovio is not responsible for the misuse of this information by third parties…the height of freshness and unethical behavior.

https://www.rovio.com/privacy-policy

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It is what it is, Juan. But there is still a way to use the backup and restore that Rovio hasn’t yet figured out. I probably would have shared it with them to get it fixed if they hadn’t done the ban thing. Now it is a free for all as far as I am concerned. I have nothing left to lose.

kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi there Rovio:

Why when been banned, you still solicit money and worst of all money for political elections in Mexico?

Have you made a deal with Cambridge Analytics and FB???

kedik22
    @kedik22

Hi there Rovio:

Why when been banned, you still solicit money and worst of all money for political elections in Mexico?

Have you made a deal with Cambridge Analytics and FB???

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Banned! Hank, answer this!

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.