Back to School Hat Adventure

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Back to School Hat Adventure

• Runs for 4 days.

Need to have the School Hat Set for this hat adventure so most people should have it.

Has a total of 9 rounds with reward of a chest, 1,000, 2,000, 5,000, and 10,000 feathers.

And there is a tab labeled “Hat Vendor” so if you don’t have the hats, it looks like they can be purchased rather than having to hope the Tower of Misfortune decides to be kind.

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Rounds 1-3 are easy and start with 4 rooms and then 5.

Round 4 is 6 rooms and a major pain in the butt.  If I ever made it to the last room, it was with 1-2 birds, and 3 at minimum are needed.  It might be possible with 2 if you have Terrance and the miner pig doesn’t turn him into a rock.  I went ahead and used gems to get past it since I finally got there and only 1 micro pig was left after using the two birds I had remaining.

Rounds 5 and 6 aren’t hard, but Round 7 goes to 7 rooms and so far I can’t get past the 5th.  I’ll try some more tomorrow, but it might be a room where you just can’t get enough birds unless you have much higher flock power, or with a lot of luck.  I sure as heck wouldn’t spend gets to finish it unless it was the last room and a sure victory.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Hm, barely passed 4 rooms now, not sure maybe yours FP is high enough for these levels, but I can’t imagine how generally 150-300 FP players can progress in those levels. Mine is 670 with 7 birds and normal hats, but still.. This even probably wants to suck gems…

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Mine is 646.  Round 4 took me about two dozen attempts (close the program and reload so avoid any wait time to try again) and it requires everything to go perfectly.  Still took me using 60 gems to get past it.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I’ve just got to Round 9. It’s 8 rooms; only had one attempt but it’s a bit of a nightmare.

Buster
    @doulgas

You’re all doing better than I am. Still on 2 and I have 793 fp using normal hats.

AngryBoston
    @ogandzyuk

Passed the event. Used gems in round 4, 8 and 9 (once in each).

Buster
    @doulgas

I finally beat round 2 and round 3 was pretty easy. From what I’m hearing, 4 is a real b***h. Maybe I should just fork over the gems now?

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Been stuck on round 7 for a day and it’s pretty much impossible to get to the room 6-7 with more than 2 birds. You need to be dead-on accurate with each and every shot, and if you even miss slightly you’ve messed up as you’ll be using more birds than you should. I get spells but only the ducks and the pig inflator, which does help a little bit if you use them correctly.

I’ve already lost gems on 2 separate extra birds purchases (on the rare occasion I got to the final room with 2 birds) and both times there’s a dumbass umbrella pig that just goes off to the right side so you can’t hit it. Rage inducing. I’ve had the game open for several hours both today and yesterday, and as soon as one shot goes badly I close the game and re-launch it to try again. I can’t imagine having to wait 30 minutes between retries.

I’m fine with these hat adventures being challenging but 7 rooms is just borderline unfair, and there’s even an 8-room round after which is just completely asinine. Nevertheless I will keep trying to get through, as I’ve managed to fully complete all the other hat adventures previously.

Buster
    @doulgas

@oliverfrancis, I feel your pain re level 7. It seems the same shot can have very different results. The pig inflator finally got me a strike in room 3 (after using it 5-6 other times with different results) and that gave me the extra bird I needed. Even so, I spent 60 gems to finish the last room because I wanted to collect while the double feathers event was still on.

I also discovered that terrence in the first room can give you a strike by firing it over the top. Sometimes. Or not.

Psygaz
    @psygaz

I’m still stuck on Round 9 (8 rooms). Not getting beyond room 6. If i could get to 7, I’d use gems, especially with the 20k feather reward today.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

@douglas I’ve got most of the rooms down and know how to either strike them or 2-shot them, but it relies on hitting your shots perfectly, and even then there’s a huge chance the structures won’t topple exactly as you need them to. It’s so very specific and it makes it more frustrating than challenging. Add on 7 rooms of doing that, and it’s just not fun.

Even the first room, I sometimes can strike it with Terrance, with pretty much the method you said. With one shot over the top he can take out both the structure with the jet pack pig and the one with the helmet pig on, and then with some luck some debris with fly to the left and maybe set off the rocket. Other times I need to use a 2nd bird to clear up. If I have to use a 3rd then I close the game and reload it.

On average I can get about halfway through before I either can maybe get to the last room successfully with birds, or I’ll have to force-close the game and re-launch it, so really the chance of having to close the game just increases gradually as you pass each room.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Quick update, I finally beat round 7,  without using gems. A little bit annoying as I needlessly threw away gems on previous attempts but it’s done now, and on a x2 feather event so I guess I got a something to make up for it. Beat round 8 after about 10 retires, aka close-and-relaunches. Not too bad once you figure out the sweet spots.

Round 9 indeed has 8 rooms and from what I’ve seen it’s a nightmare. Room 1 has a crystal pig guarding a single structure, so you can easily strike it and also fill up the meter in one shot, getting a good start. If you don’t strike, restart.

Room 2 occasionally has a golden pig in the middle structure (out of 3) which helps if you can destroy that structure and the one behind in one shot (Terrance and Red seems to work well).

Room 3 has a jetpack pig far back which you need to trigger asap to avoid wasting birds on him later. The later rooms I can’t get too reliably enough so can’t comment on them.

Buster
    @doulgas

I’ve been on 8 quite a while now. I can get a strike in room 1 with chuck about half the time. Sometimes I get a pepper spell too but haven’t been able to make much use of it.

I haven’t been able to get through room2 without using at least 3 birds. There always seems to be one or two micro pigs left sitting around, no matter how many combinations I use. Ditto room 3.

I don’t think I’m going to beat this before the 2x feathers expires.

AggieGuy
    @aggieguy

Round 9 will pretty much require spending gems.

My advice, get to the final room if at all possible before spending gems as you’ll likely end up spending 180 more due to one of the structures in the final room.

It does require perfection to get there without spending gems, but it is possible, with a lot of luck as well.

I let my pride get the better of me today because I made it to room 7 with one pig left. Figured I could beat room 8 with 3 birds (I’d get at least one more as the destruction meter was close to full) and the last pig in room 7 was an easy kill. If I had Bomb and Terrance, I could have done it without more gems, but all I had was Blues and Red. Ended up spending a total of 600 gems to finish round 8 since the the next three birds I got were worthless except for Matilda. The final purchase got me Bomb, Terrance, and Silver.

Like I said, it became a matter of pride. Oh well, it’s not like I can’t earn the gems back since I rarely spend gems anymore in the DC or KPP. It did let me level up Blues and Chuck.

Buster
    @doulgas

If I ever make it to room 7, I’ll probably do the same.

Twisted Lemon
    @oliverfrancis

Just finished round 9, after another how many countless retries. The golden pig on room 2 just stopped appearing all of sudden so my chances of winning were lower. There was also an occasional golden pig on room 4 (I think) that also stopped appearing. I’d say the hatchling boost event must have made things a bit easier.

I feel sorry for you @aggieguy for having to sacrifice such a silly amount of gems; I beat room 7 using my last 2 birds and got to the final room with 0. Figured it would be silly to not attempt it on the first time even reaching it, so I bought 3 extra birds and managed to beat it with 2 of them. I expected to spend more but all the practice on the previous rooms made it “easier” to get far with each attempt.

Buster
    @doulgas

It took everything going perfectly plus a golden pig and a pepper spell showing up at just the right time, but with only about an hour left I finally made it to room 8 for the first time. But sadly, with no birds left.

After so many wasted hours on this thing there was no way I was going to give up, so I took the @aggieguy solution and spent 560 gems to finish the last 2 rooms. I only needed 1 of those last 3 birds, but I didn’t see any options for getting a partial refund. An expensive way to get 10,000 feathers, but by then that wasn’t the point.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Back to School Hat Adventure

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.