Attention League PvPers: Red's new Maelstrom set received a buff

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Attention League PvPers: Red's new Maelstrom set received a buff

• Remember how we thought Red’s new legendary set was nearly a gimmicky niche because it only filled the rage chili by 20 percent per enemy he defeats?

Clench your butt cheeks and put those Soothing/Apathy and Rage Block emblems on your on your banners; they buffed it to 30%.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

It is a difference… but not quite enough to make it really good. :P

What I wonder more about is, does the set work as intended? Does anyone have it already?

Fluffy
    @flufflemonster

@smwforever45 I have it, and I must say, it works beautifully. It’s like the Dragon set without Dragonbreath, but it raises the rage chili. If this were actual PvP, imagine your enemy getting a full rage chili 30% more quickly. Good thing the AI is dumb as nails, at times.

I will have to toy around with it because it has a chain property. I will check whether it raises it by 30% per enemy defeated by Red’s normal and chain attack, or just the enemy he targets. I’ll be back with an update in a bit.

Follow up: Holy tailfeathers, I got a full chili less than two turns.

Update: I just attacked the banner with Red while Red and the blues were at less than 10%, and my chain attack decimated both Red and the Blues. The rage chili went from nearly nothing to USE ME NOW PLS. Mind you, I own the golden chili, and I JUST used it the turn before, so if a chain attack defeats two or more enemies, it’s 30% per enemy Red knocked out, even in the same turn.

Like I said, if this were actual PvP, this would be broken, but holy heck, this thing is amazing.

JJAtelier
    @vinnieb00

Does the Maelstrom bonus chilli gain stack with Matilda’s perfect balance? Just curious as to what kind of calculation would be needed if you put both birds together.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I don’t see any changes visually as it still says 20%. Maybe they buffed it.

Fluffy
    @flufflemonster

@vinnieb00 I just tested it and no, it does not, I’m afraid. I understand why, though; it would be incredibly broken if Matilda had her Perfect Balance set with the Blazing Banner’s Perfect Balance ability. I have to tell you, though, timed correctly and with luck, those ‘win three arena battles and use the rage chili four times’ objectives will be much easier.

Yeah, I had one of those, three days ago; that was NO fun, because I was ballsy and didn’t use the aet because I wanted an excuse to grind for points.

@datguygamer
    Have you updated to 1.4.4 yet? There was a new update on Android. If you are on iOS, that may be why.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@flufflemonster I am on Android and I am on 1.4.4. It still says 20% in the Golden Pig menu.

Fluffy
    @flufflemonster

@datguygamer They made a special case ONLY in the arena, where the rage chili increases by 30% instead of 20. If you don’t have one of the items in the set, you would not be able to check. But, it’s there, and it’s definitely useful.

By the way, I found out the ability procs even after a resurrected bird from Resurrection. I am not sure about Phoenix and the Help Me set, but you can possibly score another chili within the next turn if resurrection happens!

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Attention League PvPers: Red's new Maelstrom set received a buff

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.