Arena Questions + utter futility

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Questions + utter futility

• Hey all,

I played the Arena last week just because. I didn’t miss a single big daily reward, except one. Ended up in 8th place. This is all just little ol’ Wood League, mind you.

Tried some more this week. Very, very frustrating. I have questions that analyzing in-battle available info can’t seem to answer:

• The little piggie appears, and it seems like all my opponents birds only have to wait two rounds to recover. That’s an AMAZING boon. I read all the stats of their banner and even auras, and I can’t seem to figure out why they get that power.
    • Shields. They start with shields or gain a shield as soon as I hit them. I have faced more shields and hit for zero damage sooooo many times more than I recall when I used to play the Arena slightly more regularly. Again, I see no shields in the banner’s stats, but there is an overall field, something about an Aura magic.
    • Time Loop. It says, specifically, 30% chance to get another turn when using a supporting ability. Every single battle I had tonight with opponent Time Loop in play (at least 4 battles) and the opponent birds were looping at least 70-80 percent of the time. I watched as birds would attack my banner (attack, mind you, not support) and get a time loop. How is that using a supporting ability? And how is 30% even remotely accurate?

I won’t even get into the coin toss, because for the last four days I have ended my run with six “Enemy Begins” in a row. No, I did not keep track, but for the last ten days I would guess the enemy has started roughly 70% of the time (and I am not counting rounds where the opposing Blues has that epic gear that skews that).

Final question — why does anyone play the Arena? I will never get out of Wood League — even if I have phenomenal luck — unless I burn 20 LC on multiple days to make sure I get in all my medals and then some. All my birds are 80 mastery, level 80, and they have decent gear (it’s not the gear that is making me come up lacking). If I face someone at 4800 power (I am around 4100) and I get to go first? I usually win. So I don’t suck _that_ badly (is “suck” a linking verb?).

What am I missing here? Where do all these opponent powers come from that aren’t even listed in the stats? How do other people rack up thousands of points more than me when I only miss one medal goal in a whole week? How is anyone advancing up the league ladder without spending a ton of LC? (And why does anyone even bother?)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Pointless
    @pointless

@sutekh137 welcome to Arena “fun”!

Many of your questions are answered by Set Bonuses.
    Valiant (the Squire Pig Set) imbues a 65% chance that a KO’d Bird will revive in one less turn.
    Just (I think) grants 80% damage immunity after being a target of an attack
    The new Mythic Emblems also give you a damage reducing shield if you lose the toss.
    Chrono Crest gives your Birds a chance to get a free turn (10% or 30% if Mythic) on any action, support or attack.
    Coin toss is skewed against, always has been, and always will be methinks.

And lastly, because we are just that crazy, unfortunately…

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

Thanks for responding — I really appreciate it!

So how can I tell when facing an opponent what bonuses they have from sets?

And I guess since I haven’t played the Arena that means everyone else has great gear while I never will, eh? I have never even lain eyes on a Resurrection set much less anything else “epic”. While everyone else has been gearing up for over a year (when did Arena start? Maybe two years ago at this point…).

How does anyone advance out of Wood League if they find themselves down there? Last time I frequented the Arena I recall getting, like 5th place after finishing 5 or 6 daily objectives in the course of a week. No playing religiously only affords two stars.

I know I won’t ever click on the banner icon again. What  a complete joke.

Thanks,

sutekh137

Pointless
    @pointless

@sutekh137 you have the learn the Banner Sets, unfortunately. The individual Set pieces only give their own stats and bonuses. There aren’t really that many, though, and you can peruse them on your own GAPM under the magnifying glass icon. Beware Valiant and Just, as these are the two you will face most at high Level. And once again, yes, you will face Opponents with top-notch gear, unfortunately.
    Use Witch, she’ll go a long way in keeping your own Banner up.
    Consider the Dark Side of UP, also, to make things more manageable…

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@pointless

Thanks for the advice (it is good), but I won’t be doing any of that, I assure you. I will never fight another Arena battle again. Your handle says it all.  *smile*

Thanks,

sutekh137

e5c4p3artist
    @e5c4p3artist

@sutekh137 – Come on, don’t get too down! The best piece of advice in this thread is this here: “Use Witch, she’ll go a long way in keeping your own Banner up.”

I never even considered using her until a post in another thread convinced me to try. Seriously, try her. With a banner that has taken some damage so you can tell the difference, heal it with her once. Then heal it with her again the next turn and prepare to start hating the Arena just a little less.

my experience:

Opponents will get sometimes 70-90% revive/double turn/resurrection/knock all ur birds, all the bad things to you in a row non stop and it is a lost to you, there is no way to win in some battles due to the random nature of the game. Even those 30% things will happen like 100% in all opponent birds so I think their % logic is broken , sometimes i had to kill the same bird 5 times to get it killed just for 1 turn! 5 times! and it got revived 4 in a row, how can that be fair? and sometimes it happened with all opponents, so it is impossible in those cases, while all your birds die every single turn you can play.

Support skills  like red protecting banner for example, sometimes is broken for no reason, i saw that there is no protection coming from red and still red puts himself in front to receive the blow for no reason, sometimes you can see the thunder icon doing more damage to you even if there is nothing that provides that

Banner effects are broken, set effects are broken, I won’t mention some that are really broken here but if you tried many combinations you will find those bugs.

The anti-cheater system is broken, I just got marked as cheater yesterday because i got double rewards , great!, then in another week i played  a lot to try to climb the ladder and got marked as cheater again, so you can’t really play this game.

So, this is the wonderful experience in Arena, which is a waste of time I think

angryde
    @angryde

@sutekh137 Lol, thanks for that post, made me laugh! XD

Sutekh137
    @sutekh137

@angryde

Glad I could be of service. MIsery loves company!

Thanks,

sutekh137

angryde
    @angryde

@sutekh137 Oh, and to answer your question… I play arena out of habit and compulsion. “Enjoyment” stopped being a factor a long, long time ago. XD. IMHO the only “reasonable” way to get to diamond is via a combination of tactical manipulation(s) + good old fashioned grinding. Fun-O!

Ed. Oh, yeah, I’ve never spent a single LC in the arena. AND you DO NOT need good “arena gear”… quite the opposite, in fact. ;)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Questions + utter futility

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.