Are the servers down?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Are the servers down?

• I cannot connect to the nest. The game keeps telling me to check my internet connection, but my internet connection is fine. 9:20 PM EDT.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • kelshe
    @kelshe

This happens every week. It can take 1-2 hours to get in. Meanwhile, other players are able to get in immediately so don’t be surprised if you have to catch up to players who have scored several points while you were wait to get in.

Anonymous

I remember when it used to take 20-30 mins…..however the last few weeks have been an hour and a half (and we are already at that for this week….with no sign of gaining entry).

Max
    @peany

I notice the Arena closes for a few hours after the contest ends … I got used to it.

SmokyG
    @smokyg

I finally got in, but lost all of my settings

Nevermind
    @deaftalk

@smokyg

Sign into facebook and you won’t have to worry about that.

SmokyG
    @smokyg

@deaftalk, thanks much! All restored

ADBjester
    @adbjester

Moderate away, but there are some EASY solutions to this… and I’m not even privy to the server farm layout.

1) Stagger tournament ends. Why must they ALL end at 8 pm Eastern on Saturday? Sure, 3 am is not a good time, nor are times during “working hours” (at least in major countries)…. but try some at 8 pm, some at 9 pm, some at 10 pm…. some on Saturday and some on Sunday.

2) As a database administrator, I SUSPECT the issue is the stored procedure that updates the standings and awards points. SOMEBODY might need to study up on BULK INSERT, or data warehousing / data aggregation techniques.

3) Consider moving to more servers. Yes, that means that a player playing on Server 1 would never be able to play against a player on Servers 2 through N…. but if you have 3X as many isolated (non-replicated) servers, then you gain WAY MORE than 3X performance on huge index rebuilds.

This isn’t rocket science, Rovio…. and apparently it is a known issue. Celebrate your birthday with some upgrades (and bug fixes, and faster technical support turnaround time, too — when I report a bug, it takes you THREE WEEKS just to send out a “yeah, we know”…. and it never gets fixed anyway).

Jester
    Reading, PA

Anonymous

….and it begins again. Started 5 mins ago, wonder how long it will take to get back into the arena this week. My guess is 2 hours again :/

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Once again, logged in with arena open. Took about 60 seconds to get rewards. Already played a round. Suggest maybe that is the key? Anybody else tried it that way?

Anonymous

Yes, I tried your method last week after you posted it and it still took 2 hours for me to gain access.

Edit: got access after about an hour today

kpnanny
    @kpnanny

Currently I can’t view a video for a free entry… Just get a black screen. It says my offer is loading, but won’t show the video. I am offered a “restart” arrow, but it won’t work.

VL
    @vlp57

I’m getting the same thing with the videos. Submitted a ticket to Rovio but do t really expect a response.

Grampa G
    @grampag

Oh, for goodness sake, Rovio needs to fix this gosh darned glitch already! It makes Rovio look so amateurish. This is annoying as heck. My tournament ended 13 hours ago, and I still can’t claim my rewards! This is pathetic! I don’t want to have to catch up several hundred points to someone else who did not win in the previous tournament. ROVIO, FIX THIS!

vinniejf
    @vincent-van-tonder

Thank you, a developer who understands, i like your suggestion. @Adbjester

Birdie
    @dshdsh

My arena hasn’t worked since Saturday – not luck yet today, Monday.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Are the servers down?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.