Angry Birds POP 2 – New Soft-launched Game

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds POP 2 – New Soft-launched Game

• Rovio has soft-launched another puzzle sequel, Angry Birds POP 2, in several European countries.  I’ll update this as I play through with my observations.

Edit:  It’s a more polished Angry Birds POP.  Who knew?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Power Pork
    @abginebird

Rovio: releases a sequel to a another puzzle game

Games waiting for updates, bug fixes and balancing: am I a joke to you?

Seriously tho… what exactly motivated them to do this? :/

SumoBro
    @sumobro

To be honest, I believe the reason for Angry Birds Island (a Homescapes-version of Blast) and this (and Blast Island, if that is still in development) is so Rovio can release them in the non-American markets.  This game has a small loot-box based system, which might be seen more favorably overseas.  Plus, despite any aesthetic changes, the puzzles are the same, which makes me think they are designed for people who haven’t played the originals.  As to why Rovio named the game POP 2, though, I got nothing.

Spacething7474
    @spacething7474

@Abginebird “We’ve got to have… MONEY.”

While Angry Birds POP is fine, this is just unnecessary. Here’s to hoping it gets cancelled during soft-launch.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

Plumber’s Log: Entry 9001.

Rovio, less than a week following the soft launch of their new hit game, Angry Birds POP 2, has released its first update.

This update makes the long awaited change of currency in the game, with the gold coins replaced with ‘llama tokens.’  Both provided the same purpose.

Tune in next week, when the colors will have their brightness upped by ‘1.’

Eaglecrash
    @eaglecrash

Can they just piss off with these movie designs already?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sumobro– It’s been a long time since I visited ABN, but I just downloaded AB Pop 2, and I can’t get it to shoot. I’m in the US, so does it not work here?

In case you don’t recognize me I joined ABN in 2012, and have played most, but not all AB games, and still play AB Blast and AB Dream Blast, sometimes AB Pop.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@mvnla2  Welcome back!  I think POP 2 was released in the US last week (source: is in my app store now) and it should work.  Honestly if the game isn’t functioning like it should, just delete it and reinstall it.  This usually works for games like this.  If it still doesn’t then maybe it’s your device, or maybe it’s something you’d have to contact Rovio Support about.  I hope it works, it’s one of the better AB Match-3’s!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@SumoBro — I figured out how to get it to work. The shooting procedure is a lot different from all the other Rovio games, and there isn’t much in the way of instruction.

Haven’t played enough to know if I like it.

BTW — I couldn’t figure out how to send a message to Rovio support. They seem only to direct you to FAQ pages. Used to be you could ask a question and get an answer.

SumoBro
    @sumobro

@mvnla2  That’s great.  Yeah, the game’s definitely more ftp that the older ones.  I do like how there is always a line of sight, among other little things POP 1 didn’t have.  A couple months back, Rovio changed all of their support pages (they used a new client or something).  Finding an actual person is a bit ridiculous now.  There’s some backwards way to actually write something in, somewhere.  It’s just really hidden.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, I’ve passed all levels (250), most with 3 stars. Any chance they’re actually going to release more?

I kind of like the game, but it’s a lot of work to get 3* in all, especially if you aren’t willing to spend real money. There also isn’t much of any reward. If you increase your stars by 30, you get a star piñata, and the last couple have been pretty stingy. You can also get daily rewards for popping bubbles, but also not much incentive.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds POP 2 – New Soft-launched Game

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.