Angry birds crashing upon loading Jurassic Pork release

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry birds crashing upon loading Jurassic Pork release

• With the release of Jurassic pork my Ipod Touch will crash up to 10 times in a row upon loading the game.I have  rebooted the machine with random results.  Seasons and Rio have no problems.Have any other iPod users experience these problems ?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • gumby
    @gumby

Theres a similar issue with Seasons for android users. @explore07 maybe the same fix will work for you also. Turn off wifi and then hard close the app. With wifi still off turn the app back on. This has worked for most with the Seasons trouble and you can turn wifi back on after its working again.

karen68
    @karen68

@explore07 I play on an ipad air & have the same problem, although not quite so bad. It usually crashes 3 or 4 times before opening normally.

I submitted a ticket to Rovio but have yet to hear back.

explore07
    @explore07

@gumby thanks, one difference is that in AB you need to log in to Rovio’s save game feature ( a major pain) so I need to be connected to the intranet prior to launching the game or my scores don’t register. If I could disable that save game logic and live the old way I would be estatic

explore07
    @explore07

@gumby  I did try disconnecting the wifi and then launching the app,then I reconnected the wifi and with the app still running surprisingly I could switch back to the game and I could then re-launch the save game feature. I don’t  know if it works all the time but the first time it did after 15 failed attempts- so thank you very much, sorry got to fling level 15…..

explore07
    @explore07

Sorry forgot to include @karen68 – I hope this discussion helps you also

CrankyBeach
    @crankybeach

Since the jurassic pork update, I can’t play the mighty league at all. Tried everything; hard-closed the app, turned off wifi, started the app, turned wifi back on. Tried restarting wifi both before and after choosing mighty league or episode. The mighty league screen opens, but my daily free tickets do not appear, and when I go to the shopping cart to claim a free ticket, the game shuts down.

Interestingly, when I downloaded the update, the app moved itself from the SD card back to internal storage, without my permission. I moved it back to the card. It crashes regardless of storage location.

Sigh.

JTB
    @jtb

Has there been any update on this issue?  I’m constantly having to try launching the app a dozen times before it will actually run successfully on my iPad. It just closes at various points before I can play. It looks as though it is still open in the background, though. Very frustrating!

karen68
    @karen68

@jtb this is the reply I got from Rovio a few days ago –

Hello there,

thank you for your reply. We are discussing this matter with our development team. An error seems to occur in the game when it launches and attempts to connect with the Internet on some devices. We are not sure what could be the cause, as this issue hasn’t occurred during game’s testing. We are working on it, however, and should find a fix soon. We honestly apologize for the continued troubles with the game – we will try to compensate you enough afterwards. Thank you for your help and understanding.

Interesting that he says it doesn’t occur during their testing, but it happens almost every time I try to open the game.

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

Bit slow off the mark here as didn’t notice this thread. Same thing has happened to me several times this week, and I assumed it was a problem with my iPad, so I’ve been rebooting to try to resolve it (I’m not particularly IT-savvy so often try that as a first resort if something goes wrong!). At least now I know it’s not just me. Thanks guys.

JTB
    @jtb

@karen68 @peejaydee27   Thanks for the update! It is strange that it didn’t show up in their testing. I’ve tried turning off wireless, airplane mode, restarting the iPad, and all sorts of combinations but it still happens.   I’m  sure they’ll figure it out.  At least I can go back to playing Seasons now…lol.

explore07
    @explore07

@jtb @karen68 @peejaydee27

I play on an ipod touch and the solution that works every time for me is to activate airplane mode then launch AB, when it loads don’t click on anything in the game but switch back to settings and turn off airplane mode thereby activating the internet connection, then switch back to the game and login. It is a pain but I never crash now

hope this helps

JTB
    @jtb

@karen68 @peejaydee27 @explore07

There is a new update today for the iOS.  After updating I was actually able to play the game on the first try!  It looks like they condensed the landing page on opening so that the Might Eagle League is front and center.  If you want to play the episodes then the button is in the lower right.

JTB
    @jtb

Well, in all my excitement I spoke way too soon.  It worked the first couple of times and now it’s back to crashing again.

hudiehans
    @hudiehans

Did you see the new update today? Maybe that will help?

JTB
    @jtb

@hudiehans  The last update I saw was on 10/4.  I thought it had resolved the issue but the issue eventually reappeared.

PeeJayDee27
    @peejaydee27

@explore07 – thanks. That helps until they fix it.

Havent noticed any updates yet though.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry birds crashing upon loading Jurassic Pork release

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.