Angry Birds Slingshot Frenzy (fangame)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Slingshot Frenzy (fangame)

• Here is a Angry Birds fangame I’m working on (called Slingshot Frenzy) and this is what I’ve made so far..

The video is slow but that’s the recorders fault.

I’m using the sprite recreations I made in this fangame by the way.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Video unavailable

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

The video has been replaced with a better one now.. Check the first post to see it.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

This looks great. Can’t wait to download it, when developmemt will be over.

What engine is this fangame using? 

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

Added some test levels.

Test Level 1 is by me.

Test Level 2 by popermoj from the Angry Birds discord. I changed it a little though.

Test Level 3 by sheeperino, also from the Angry Birds discord.

By the way, the Bird score has been added, but in my engine the score appears on all of the birds all at once. That is due to me not being able to make it accurate at the moment. The level fail and clear screen are also partially added too. I say “partially” cause their buttons don’t work, but the screen does become darker.

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

Added some stuff from Angry Birds Space.

Also if you tap on nothing once, the camera will move to the Birds, and if you double tap it’ll move to the Pigs.

Plus a minor addition to the Title Screen.

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

Great. Now try to port some objects from Rio. 

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

After a little troubleshooting, I finally got this to work.

I’m working on the Splash Screen as well.

@clickgaster
    What exactly do you want me to port from AB Rio?

x
    @moreno

reads sheeperino
    hey look im famous!

ClickGaster
    @clickgaster

I want to port water and Rio-exclusive birds.

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

Added the splash screen in the game and also a loading bar that actually works.

TNT and Dynamite have been added in.I’m also manually controlling the camera so it’ll be easier to show y’all the explosives.

Here’s a better look at the TNT and dynamite.

I’ve also created a Medium Pig.

It’s in the game now, by the way.

Bomb has all of his Chrome sprites worked on, so he’ll come to the game soon.

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

Did ya think it was dead? No it isn’t!

Upside down gravity.

And water. (At the moment, only the Birds react to the Water.)

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Do you plan on making the engine public at some point? And another thing I would like to see are videos for cut scenes rather than short comics like the originals.

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

@beakymcfeather Sorry for the late reply, but on the subject of making the engine public, I do plan on doing it once it’s finished. On the subject of using videos for the cutscenes, that would be weird to implement, plus animating all the cutscenes will take a whole lot longer.

Oh, and I do have a few updates to show:

First, Bird Physics Rotation and Water Physics

I was able to make a more natural boomerang movement work.

(also the title card is cut-off but I could care less for it.)

And finally, a small test for a Bad Piggies styled vehicle that became this:

Also the reason I’m not doing these tests in my actual AB project is that my PC went kaput. Now, I did saved every important file on it to my Drive, thankfully (and the latest updates too), but until it either gets fixed or I get a new one the fangame (the actual one) won’t be able to have more updates.

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

so uh here is another test

Kingpiggy Pool Toy
    @kingpiggy087

It’s been so long since Rovio made a new slingshot-styled Angry Birds game, so I’m pretty excited for this. Keep the updates coming! I’m looking forward to whatever new mechanics you’ll bring to the table.

TheBloatedPig
    @poco-dyess

Hey @ostrich101! Do you take suggestions for original mechanics? Cause I got some!!

1. Bird Randomizer feature. One press of a button and the game decides your fate!
    2. Pigs with special abilities (like in Angry Birds 2). You can use some from that game, as well as one that I myself came up with: decoy pigs that the real ones are hiding behind.
    3. Power upgrades!! Examples include Matilda dropping up to 3 eggs at once, and Hal coming back and forth with his ability.
    4. Customizable music features and character sprites.
    5. The grand finale: stage hazards!!!
    whodeletedme
    @whodeletedme

What game engine did you use to make this?

¿Ostrich?
    @ostrich101

here are a few updates, including some porting of the camera and slingshot limit code

@poco-dyess
    Your ideas seems really interesting. The 3rd one I was even planning on adding many years ago in a fangame idea that never got off the ground. I’ll probably add them into the game soon.
    what was the 6th suggestion though?

TheBloatedPig
    @poco-dyess

That 6th suggestion was adding the birds from Angry Birds Space

TheBloatedPig
    @poco-dyess

Title ideas:

“Back to Basics”

“Now with 33% more anger”

“Target Practice”

Chapter titles:

“Eggs Over Easy”

“Scrambled Pork”

“Ol’ Reliable Geese-er”

“‘Tis the Seasoning”

“Omelette You Finish”

“Mission May-Ham”

“Workin’ like a Hog”

“Tree Hoggers”

..Okay, that was just an excuse for me to get off all the pig puns I’ve come up with so far.

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

Or how about “Angry Birds: Pig-Poppin’ since 2009!”

You Gotta be Joshing me
    @beakymcfeather

@johnny-the-angry-birds-boy I’ve been inactive for a decent chunk of time, now and then I’ll pop in just to see what’s shaking. I forgot my password and just now realized I could reset it.

Anonymous

will it be on scratch? it would be cool if it was a interactive youtube video.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Angry Birds Slingshot Frenzy (fangame)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.