ABTF does not open after the 1.25 hard update

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABTF does not open after the 1.25 hard update

• Quick question for all you ABTF gamers out there; who still can’t open the game after downloading the 1.25 hard update? I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game 3 times at this point and still no luck. Anyone else in the same boat?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Replies
  • werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Yes. >:-(

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

No, works fine for me.

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@werehamsta what operating system are you using? I’m wondering if the new update is only affecting older android versions. I’m a bit old school when it comes to my phone so it is 4.1.2, jelly bean. Only about 11% of android users still have it.

chuckmaster
    @chuckmaster

I have the same problem. This is the second time I have lost everything. Hundreds of hours lost. Will not be playing again as I will not start from zero then loose everything a third time when they update.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

@shane-sinclair, it’s Android 4.2.2

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@werehamsta that is a jelly bean as well (4.1 through 4.3 are all jelly bean)

@chuckmaster
    what operating system do you have?

Deadeye
    @bproue

I have uninstalled and re-installed twice without any luck. I am running a Galaxy 2 with Android 4.2
    This might be a blessing in disguise. I have spent way too much time with this game over the last 2 + years.

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@bproue I hear ya! I’ve only been playing for a few months but man is it addictive! And oh so frustrating…

So that’s another jelly bean system. Is there someone we can ask at rovio to look into whether or not the new update excluded the jelly bean version?

sheepybach
    @paul13

Ok I get this some times on both of my android tabs.
    1 running MM 6.0.1
    1 running L 5.1.1
    The work around that works for me when this issue appears is instead of trying to open the game via the app icon I select the game from the icon that has failed by using the button that you use to close all the pages out. It’s a square on my tabs on the bottom of the home screen.

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

thanks for the tip @paul13, I’ve tried that though and opening from apps menu, main screen, play store… any way I could think of. Nothing. Have there been any soft updates in preparation for an event roll out today? I’m hoping that if there is then we will see a fix then. If not… well I will probably have to get a new phone and trash this dinosaur lol

Craigtbest
    @craigtbest

@shane-sinclair
    I’m on Kindle 7 5 1 I don’t know if that is Android or Amazon. We are going to miss the next event again less stress but no fun

sheepybach
    @paul13

How strange as I just had to do what I posted above and it works for me but not for you odd.
    Is a new event starting soon then??.

rlc
    @rlcoone

4.2.2, I think you’re on to something. I almost hope they abandon the older operating systems so I have a good reason to abandon the thing.

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@craigtbest the kindle 7.5.1 is android 4.0, ice cream sandwich. The version just before jelly bean. My hypothesis seems to be holding true…

@paul13
    I don’t know if a new event is starting, I’m just hopeful cuz if 1 does then a soft update may proceed it which could contain a fix… unlikely but hey, can’t we have wishful thinking lol?

@rlcoone
    I’m coming around to the same logic. Been lookin at galaxy s5 and s6. Both have 4.4 or higher and others have posted that they’re working. Plus the galaxies have keyboard covers allowing for a physical keyboard in addition to the on screen (which is why I continue to use a dinosaur of a phone, my thumbs are just to fat at the tips lol)

sheepybach
    @paul13

@shane-sinclair

Snap and that is why my Note 4 phone has stayed with me for years and hopefully a few more to come.
    OK got you with a soft update but sadly as we’ve found out before that is not always the case with Rovio

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@paul13 yeah I was looking at the notes as well but I couldn’t find a slide out keyboard adapter for them. What can I say? I’m a creature of habit :)

ok so I think we’ve got enough data to run my hypothesis across the powers that be… I hope there is a response!

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@lewie4 a few of us on older android systems (4.3, jelly bean and older) have not been able to open the game since the 1.25 update. Would you please check with the developers and see if ABTF is still supported on these older android platforms? Thanks.

Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

All my progress is gone anyway due to an event lock-up. What’s the point in trying to get it back anyway

rlc
    @rlcoone

@shane-sinclair That didn’t quite come out like I intended, I meant abandon ABT. LOL

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@rowdypup did you attempt a Facebook restore? I’m still hopeful that my progress will be restored through it when this fiasco is over

I have an iPad and so I think that I have iOS operating system. I don’t know what version it is though. And I am unable to uninstall/reinstall. I know how to do so, but I can’t because my device won’t let me do so.

werehamsta
    @werehamsta

Unfortunately, a soft update will not solve the case. The game crashes faster than it has a chance to *start* updating, so we’ll never get it. Even reinstalling will not help, as the Market only has 1.XX.0 versions, everything beyond needs to be updated by the game itself… which it won’t.

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

@jimmy-necessary thanks for the info. You are the first ios user to respond so perhaps it isn’t just an android issue. thats good news actually cuz the more people having the issue, the more pressure on rovio to fix it

Destructocon
    @shane-sinclair

Did anyone try to reinstall after the latest event started? I tried it but no luck

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@rowdypup Didn’t you connect to Facebook?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum ABTF does not open after the 1.25 hard update

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.