About gems in AB Action!

Home Forums Angry Birds Action Forum (closed) About gems in AB Action!

• Just like many other games in the Angry Birds series, Angry Birds Action! has a premium currency – gems. The gems are used to buy extra keys for the boxes that appear once you complete a level, extra moves, energy, and replay “tickets” for the competitions.

Being a premium currency means gems aren’t so easily earned, so here are all the (current) ways you can increase your gem amount without having to spend real money:

1) When you finish a level, you earn keys that are used to unlock boxes containing various prizes. Sometimes the prizes are gems, so if you’re lucky, you might just pick the boxes containing gems.
    2) The game has a second currency – coins. You can’t use those coins directly, but they will help you earn gems. Accumulate 1000 coins and those coins will be converted into a gift box containing gems (I believe the first box offered 10 gems). After that, if you accumulate another 1000 coins, you’ll receive another gift box filled with gems, but this time it will contain 5 gems more than the previous gift box. And this process goes on and on.
    3) Finding map pieces in levels unlocks competitions. In those competitions you’ll be completing random levels to reach a score threshold to win 3 random boxes containing various prizes. “1)” applies to these boxes, but in addition, your scores will be increasing your rank and each time you level up, you’ll receive gems.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

Can I get keys every time I complete a level?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@datguygamer Unfortunately, no. Each newly-earned star is converted into a key. With that said, the game currently has 90 levels, so a maximum of 270 keys is possible to earn.

epicbird
    @filipersr

This game is harder than before. Mighty Red in your records from iOS beta had more chances to finish the level crashing into wall or obstacles, but now you have 2 or 3 chances to each bird. And the max gems that you can get is 65 when you open the Golden Red Box.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

How many gems exactly does one of these boxes contain that you can open with keys? And how many gems do you get for leveling up? Hope it’s not a ridiculously low reward like in AB2.

I also hope the cost for extra moves, tickets etc. is reasonable.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@smwforever45 The key boxes contain only 1 gem. In the competition, at the start you’ll receive 10 gems when leveling up but after several level-ups the reward is boosted to 20 gems.
    Extra moves for a bird cost 3 gems, but in case you’ll need more extra moves for the same round, the cost will increase. The competition “tickets” cost 1 gem each, but you can also get a “ticket” by watching an ad.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mighty-red-1
    Alright, thanks for the info :)
    Key box rewards are quite little, but levelling up actually seems to be worth something. Sounds good!

flingmaster
    @flingmaster

Now the gift boxes give power ups and they rarely give gems.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

The gift boxes usually give coins for me. Then comes power-ups, and now and then I find a single gem.
    There’s not many ways to spend gems so far so it doesn’t really disturb me. I play my daily 3/4 levels and that’s it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

We seriously need a possibility to re-spin the bonus wheel at the beginning of every level with gems. Level 34 is UNBEATABLE with the wind “bonus”, and I got that bonus four times in a row…

Home Forums Angry Birds Action Forum (closed) About gems in AB Action!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Action Forum (closed)’ is closed to new topics and replies.