ABO game crash

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABO game crash

• Anybody else having trouble opening angry birds original. My game is constantly crashing to my home page

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Replies
  • ixan57
    @ixan57

Update, game opens in airplane mode

sparty83
    @sparty83

@ixan57,
    I can only open it in airplane mode. If I switch it back while the game is open, it crashes.(android phone). Problem is, I have an account that stores my progress on Rovios’s servers. On an Ipad, I don’t have my progress saved and therefore don’t sign in. On that, it works fine.

@admins

Kathy
    @kathy

Found you @Ixan57

Okay so I’ve been playing ABO for about a couple months, no issues

@sparty83
    As you know I’m also on Android, and I have a Rovio account which saves my progress.

so last night my App crashed, every time i tried to open it I got as far as the splash screen then would get kicked back to homepage. I vowed never to play again!

i got a note from @steviep147 , who suggested opening in Airplane mode, yay it worked, and I’ve been playing for a couple hours now, Until…!!!.. The game froze, every time i tried to reopen it got as far as “Do you want to restore the Stars and feathers..etc (or whatever it says) but it didn’t open all the way for me to click ‘Yes’ or Cancel’ so i backed completely out the app, cleared cache and forced stop the app. Then turned WiFi and Mobile data back on, and Now the game opens as if brand new install But all my progress is there!

Hope that makes sense??

Kathy
    @kathy

by ‘as if brand new’ i mean things popped up saying ‘New Something, Play now’ i X’d out of all the pop ups and am back in Jurassic Park right where i left off.

Kathy
    @kathy

Crashed again, repeat above, shut off WiFi , Mobile data , reopen in Airplane Mode..

Update Idk maybe an hour later, still up and running so far so good, still in Airplane Mode..

And a half hour later, froze up again, I’m out goodnight

Oh and i mentioned I did update on phone, haven’t sent the results from that yet as i haven’t opened in Airplane mode, will do tomorrow..

Sorry @Ixan57 for hogging up the whole forum.. You asked heehee

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Yes @kathy and others, I’m also having terrible trouble on Android. Just kicks back to home page. Has only opened once in 50 attempts. Not tried Airplane mode yet but doesn’t sound like whole solution. Relieved at least that it is not just me and I don’t have to reinstall, at least I hope not.  Not sure how these things get reported to Rovio, if that’s the route.

Very annoying as I was on a very hot streak of spectacular high scores on revisiting Birdday party where OB now expands a lot more and can teleport.

Dr O’Neski
    @steviep147

Guys the yellow progress screen without the tick part happens on iOS as well. There’s no need to close the whole game down.  Just go back momentarily to you home screen and then return to the game. The screen will now have the necessary tick to continue the game. I have a Fire 7 which runs on Android and it crashes all the time on ABO if not in Airplane mode.

covan
    @covan

I’m experiencing the same conditions as everybody else. The game will open in Airplane mode, but when airplane mode is switched off and the game picks up the internet connection, it crashes again.

Kathy
    @kathy

@Ixan57 and everyone,  here is my response from Rovio

William (Rovio)

Oct 22, 09:02 UTC

Hell there Kathy,

and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us today. My name is William and I’m the Rovio Player Support agent who will be answering you.

I realize that you don’t want the robotic answer, so I’m going to do my best to still answer your message. You and many other members of our gaming community have reached out to report that Angry Birds Classic isn’t loading correctly and,  our Developers and technicians are investigating the situation as I write to you.  So to sum, yes our teams are aware of the game being unable to load, and our teams are also investigating what is causing this issue. I don’t know when a solution will be found, but I’m doing my best to make sure that

I can understand how our messages have come off as impersonal, uncaring, or even dismissive, and for all of those reasons I apologise. We are the PLayer Support team, our sole job is to help you, the players of our great gaming community, get the information and clarification of and about out games. As Player Support agents we don’t do any of the correcting of issues in the game, but we play our part by gathering information and passing the collected results to the respected teams.  This might sound long winded, but we are doing what we can to support our community.

As for what you were mentioning about Angry Birds Nest. At some point in the past we were directly connected with the website. Though the site is completely run by Fans, we don’t have anything but respect for Greg and the other Nestors. Though, I may not be as informed as I hope – has there been some situation that caused a problem between Rovio and the Angry Birds Nest community? If so, please let me know of it. I will do what I can to make adjustments.

To sum up:
    – We are aware of the recent problem that Angry Birds Classic isn’t loading or functioning properly. This is being investigated and hopefully a solution will be found and released shortly.
    – The Player Support team doesn’t actually alter the game code, but we do our best to help the Developers and the community exchange information about issues in our games

I do hope that this information at least helps start a discussion, but also shows that we’re doing what we can to support the community.  Please feel free to write back to me if you have any further questions related to our games.

Best regards,

William
    Rovio Player Support Team

ixan57
    @ixan57

Thanks @kathy and thanks William, its a decent response from rovio than the past. Maybe there is a future for rovio if they just go back to basics. They are a company and I am prepared to pay for a decent service. At least not a standard reply from tuzuse or what ever he was called

Kathy
    @kathy

Thanks for that info @steviep147 After reading your note, when that yellow box comes up without the ‘tick’ i just hit my ‘back’ arrow on my Android tablet and it brought me right to the ‘choice’ between’ Episodes and Mighty League’ page !

sparty83
    @sparty83

Strange thing, I can play on my wife’s ipad. I have a second rovio account and can sign in to that and then switch to her facebook account in AB and it does not crash.  (the 2 accounts have different progress so it’s easy to see that it did switch profiles)

Kathy
    @kathy

that is strange @Sparty83 , It would be helpful if we could attach this thread to the Email i sent to Rovio, which William replied, I’ll try tomorrow to reply to his reply with and somehow attach a link to this forum so he can see exactly what issues are going on, and pass that info on to the ‘fixers’

I did reply to his response earlier and thanked him for his ‘real’ response and asked him to make it up to us by giving us an update lol! fat chance of that , but thought I’d try😂

Dr O’Neski
    @steviep147

Dr O’Neski@steviep147
    Guys the yellow progress screen without the tick part happens on iOS as well. There’s no need to close the whole game down.  Just go back momentarily to you home screen and then return to the game. The screen will now have the necessary tick to continue the game. I have a Fire 7 which runs on Android and it crashes all the time on ABO if not in Airplane mode. William, the problem is I think a memory and WiFi issue. The game continuously connects to your server? and streams adverts. These often take the form of just sound, cartoon type voices obviously advertising something. Additionally other adverts appear at random. All this conspires to crash the game. 

ixan57
    @ixan57

Hi guys been playing in wi-fi mode for the last hour with no problems.
    Thanks William and tech support at rovio your service has certainly improved 100% than of the past, cheers
    Hoping all nesters that were experiencing problems are back up and running. Many thanks to those who contributed to this thread. Regards Ian

ixan57
    @ixan57

@kathy @sparty83 @desperate-dan @steviep147 @covan @admins hope you are all back to normal. Many thanks for your support especially Kathy for a nice email to rovio. The nest is the best

bernersenn
    @bernersenn

@kathy @captrec (and actually all the others as well):
    Thanks for your efforts to get this issue sorted out.

And @captrec you’re right, the Nest is the best. Even without intervention of the @admins

Kathy
    @kathy

And big Thanks To @ixan57 for creating this forum, where we could all speak our issues and work together to get it sorted.

This is exactly What Makes the Nest the Best, all of us Birdies working together 🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣🐣

sparty83
    @sparty83

I was able to connect on wifi this morning (7am eastern) and complete the daily challenge. I didn’t have time for more so I decided not to comment then. I just got done completing all 6 levels in today’s Mighty League, on wifi, with no issues. (6:20pm eastern)

Looks like whatever glitch/bug/error/issue we were all experiencing has been fixed/resolved.

Happy Flinging!

Kathy
    @kathy

Good to hear @Sparty83 I was able to open in WiFi today about 5pm EST and and an still Flinging with no issues! But now I’m wondering why I don’t just play in Airplane mode anyway because it saves battery lol!! Live and Learn..

sparty83
    @sparty83

@kathy, You can play in airplane mode, but it does not save your progress if you have created an account. I found that out the hard way. I had beaten several high scores only to find out i was “offline” when i did it. When i re-connected to my account, all those high scores reverted back to the online saved lower scores. There is no sync between offline and online scores where it takes the higher of the 2.

Kathy
    @kathy

Ooohh @Sparty83 Thanks for that info! I never play in Airplane mode until now, good to know 🐣 makes sense though..😉

Desperate Dan
    @desperate-dan

Yeaahhh. Desperate Dan is eating Pig Pie again!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum ABO game crash

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.