ABF General Forum

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum ABF General Forum

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • JEJB
    @jose-buenrostro

Exactly… When the name change of ABF occurred?

stosh
    @stosh

How long is the ABF Halloween tourney going to last? Are X-Mas levels with the wacky cannons happening again this year and in a tourney too? Does anyone like the unfair advantage different platforms provide in the current tournament? Can all top 100 scores that are not accompanied by videos be banned from ABN come the first of the New Year? Has a link been created to automatically post ABF scores when earned to the leaderboard? Just wondering…

mm
    @martin-mix-9

Apologies in advance if I’m hitting old questions or missing a Friends Q&A but…
    I’ve only recently started playing ABF on Android. I don’t have any “Friends” on there and just play in the randomly generated tourney groups. Some of the folks in the group, when listed, have a green triangle or arrow next to their name (some appear to have a red arrow pointing the other way), does anyone know what this means? Also, is there a good site for ABF Q&A on Android? I’ve never been to the FB version of ABF either. For anyone who has played on both FB and Mobile, can you provide a brief compare/contrast?
    Thanks everybody! Love the Nest…

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@martin-mix-9
    Welcome to ABF! There’s a lot to learn and the Nest is a perfect place to start!

If you’re new to ABF, you’ll soon discover a lot of things. Platforms and browsers are all different. Platforms include mobile, which are generally Apple products (iOS, IPad, iPhone, etc.) and other mobile devices running Google’s Android software In lay terms, “mobile” usually means any mobile device connected remotely from FaceBook to ABF via wi-fi. On the other hand, “PC/FB” is perhaps the platform that most players use. You sign in to your FaceBook account, then launch the ABF gaming app. There is an on-going debate which platform is better. Most top, high-scoring ABF players use both mobile and PC/FB platforms. For more info, check out the forum on the Nest under Forums/AB Friends/Platforms and Browsers. You may discover that the PC/FB platform usually has the advantage, but not always. Sometimes (like this week) mobile may have the advantage.

In any case, welcome to ABF. Feel free to ask whenever you may have a question.

–MB :)

mm
    @martin-mix-9

Thanks @dseufert! I am new to this. Honestly, I have liked AB for a while but only played the static games (AB, Seasons, Space, Star Wars, etc.) and then I stumbled onto ABF maybe a month ago after getting an ad on my phone in-between levels on another AB game. I tried AB Go and one of the other games tangent to the main play and didn’t like them but I figured I’d give this a shot. Honestly, I didn’t even know there was a FB version initially. So I played Glass league and came in first out of the league (I guess the leagues are groups of about 30 on the mobile version anyway) and then again in Wood league. I hadn’t even figured out to use power-ups to any good effect at this point, I don’t think. I got to Stone league and managed second place (I was using my PUs better at this point) right up until about an hour before the end of the week and then someone jumped in front of me and I wound up in 3rd place. Like everyone else, I’m on the Pingolin level this week and I’m in the Bronze league. Either the boards got a lot harder or I’ve started hitting people with a bunch of power-ups or hacks. It could just be that people are spending big $s on their AB account, but I’m not going to get into that (I admit I did pony up $5 for the gold sling). I don’t want to throw around unfounded accusations but the top three scores are forty or fifty k above the next ten. Maybe that’s just natural (I know last week, board 1 could cough up 30k extra using a couple of PUs, so this could all be on the up and up). Anyway, apologies to ramble here. I really just wanted to say thanks for the kind words and thanks to the community for advice on playing. I’m looking forward to getting more info and becoming competitive at the higher levels of the game.
    Again, Much Appreciated!
    –mm

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

I know this reply/help request is on old post – but I need help.

I play on a Kindle, there is no screenshot app that I know of. Any suggestions?

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@rambleberry I am not familiar with Kindle however I found some info on Google. kindle screenshot Google it for more info. Hopefully there’s a way. :)

Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

Wow. I sit here dumbfounded. I always looked for apps to do it and never found one. I’ve used this machine for 2 years now and never knew that it was a built in feature for developers. It doesn’t say anything in my instructions. Holy cow. This is awesome. I’ve needed it sooooo many times.

All I can say is, for 2 years I’ve had duh moment. :D

Sweet. Thank you, thank you!!

Terribletom
    @terribletom

We all know now, that there is definite distinct differences in the way the platforms respond. Especially again this week, for the ” Retro” Tournament. Majority of levels favour mobile platforms!! Being laid up with Bad back, BQ’s are easy in a Horizontal position!!!

Terribletom
    @terribletom

Mentioning that, I should have had “Franglais” down pat!!! Quebec French is as much a slang language as you can get!! We had a neighbour years ago from Belgium, my Dad was fluently Bilingual, and had a hard time understanding them!!! True French (either Parisien or Flemish)!!!

I can remember as a teen, having people come up to me, cause I was a smoker……looking for “Fire”!!!! lol

stosh
    @stosh

@terribletom Are the french speaking Canadians the true “Canucks” or does “Canuck” refer to all Canadians? What specifically is a “Canuck” to a Canadian?

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@stosh, Canuck is a General Term/Nickname for ALL Canadians!!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@stosh @terribletom “Canuck” may be to Canada as “Yank” is to USA. I often refer to myself as a Yank because I am one, but I rarely refer to my Canadian friends as “Canucks” in fear of offending :) Same with other “nicknames” of others from other countries. Fun in private conversation, but may be offensive in public chat :)

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@dseufert I don’t think “Canuck” would offend anyone, at least myself!! We have a NHL hockey team in Vancouver, named the Canucks!! Back in the 70’s early 80’s, we had World Cup skiers, nicknamed the “Crazy Canucks”!! Just a slang term as you mentioned, the same as the term “Yank”

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@terribletom Whew! That’s good to know. Thanks for the clarification, Tom :) I was aware of the hockey team, Canucks. We have the baseball team, New York Yankees, which is appropriate since they’re from the North. However, even after 150 years, it may be very offensive to call anyone from the southeast USA a “Yank,” especially in Charleston, South Carolina, where the attack on Fort Sumpter signaled the beginning of the U.S. Civil War in 1861. Those from the South still refer to the civil war as “The Great War of Northern Aggression.”

I’ve often wondered about the term “American,” which is often used in reference to those from the USA only. But technically speaking, “Americans” could refer to anyone from the “Americas,” from Canada in the north to Chile at the southern tip of South America. I have a hunch that many from the Americas, not from USA, may take offense at being called an American. What do you think? :)

stosh
    @stosh

Can open, Worms EVERYWHERE.

Terribletom
    @terribletom

@dseufert, I’ve heard lot’s of terms!! Some of the former Americans, came to Canada after the War of 1812, settled in my part of the country, and have been referred to as “United Empire Loyalists”!!

As for the America’s, probably some long lost time ago, long before the Europeans arrived in this hemisphere!! My brother-in-law, is a Native. He is not referred to as “Canadian” or American”……but “North American”!!!

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@stosh On the opposite end of a can of worms may lurk a tasty can of tuna :)

Makin Bakin
    @dseufert

@terribletom Hehe… If I understand history correctly, the Brits got their butts kicked in the “New World” numerous times, which eventually resulted in Canada, the USA, and the French desparetly seeking someplace north like Quebėc or south toward New Orleans :) Curious, while Napolean was doing his dumb thing in Europe, Russia, North Africa circa 1809-1812, the Brits tried once again to invade young Canada and the USA at Mackinack Island, which signaled the start of the War of 1812. Dumb. That didn’t last long. Who would invade the USA or Canada by attacking an island at the top of Lake Michigan surrounded by ice? Duh. :)

Fun conversation, Tom. Let’s continue in private chat rather than here in public, k?

BTW, the Grand Hotel is on Mackinack, conveniently located between Canada and USA. Easy to get to. You and J wanna meet me and D there any time soon? The island and the Grand in summer are on our bucket list :)

–MB :)

Paul
    @paulmahaney

I was wondering, is there any place on the website on how to take a video of your strat to be posted?

sal9
    @sal9

@paulmahaney We do not have a section for that, but you’ll find plenty of solutions online many of them free.

Paul
    @paulmahaney

Thank you

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

I find league system is a bit biased. If you play correctly, you can easily upgrade from glass league to gold league (I am in Silver and will be soon upgraded to Gold). But when you reach Diamond, it becomes almost impossible for you to play ! Perhaps some ghosts could downgrade some players…

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum ABF General Forum

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.