AB2 2.15 freeze

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 2.15 freeze

• Constantly after upgrade my game is freezing before video is shown. Of course winning streak and tickets are gone. Samsung Galaxy A5

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Replies
  • Dezsike
    @dezsike

Same for me since today… Maybe the ad provider is buggy. It should be temporarily disabled until they fix it.

choochen
    @choochen

I’ve opened support request @ Rovio.

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey @choochen!

It sounds like one of our ad providers is having issues with some of their content. It makes it harder for us to know exactly why the game crashes. For us to be able to contact them with information I’d like to know as much about the problem as possible.

Did you see what ad it was before crashing?
    What country are you in?
    Are you on Android or iOS?

We’d greatly appreciate getting this kind of information anytime any of you experience ad problems like this. Hopefully we can resolve it quickly!

Take care
    /Hank

choochen
    @choochen

Did you see what ad it was before crashing?

Unfortunately not, but sometimes it’s successful. I will update next time when ad will be successfully played.

What country are you in?

Poland

Are you on Android or iOS?

Android

choochen
    @choochen

Updated to 2.15.1  ad displayed, FoE from Unity Ads

choochen
    @choochen

Next ad is not starting at all and game’s frozen again. There’s no hint what ad and from whom.

choochen
    @choochen

Fruits Mania from Ad Colony OK. Next ad frozen like hell :)

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Thank you @choochen !

We’ve managed to track the problem to one of our Ad Providers and those Video Ads should be disabled for now. Please report back if it works better or not. We’re very grateful that you report issues like this to us!

Have a nice weekend!
    /Hank

Dezsike
    @dezsike

@hank unfortumately it’s still crashing for me. Goodgame Empire from AdColony played perfectly about 20 min ago, since then it crash every time I tap “Watch video for …”. Clearing the cache of the game didn’t work either.

choochen
    @choochen

Me neither, crashing almost every time. Only mentioned previously ads are played. I’ve restarted OS and nothing.

choochen
    @choochen
    1. Since Saturday everything works perfect. Thanks for you assistance and support, Hank. Have a nice day.
    Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Sometimes iI have the same problem, but also before the update.
    Video is not shown, game is frozen.
    Germany
    iPad Air 2
    iOS 10.3.3

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

Game crashes on ads, main levels, arena and clan fights.
    Game crashes before ad is shown.
    New Zealand
    Apple iPad
    iOS

choochen
    @choochen

I was to eager to announce that everything is fine. Game is still crashing but less frequently than before.

Wobbly Flocker
    @wobblyflocker

Game freezes  when clicking on video.

Germany

Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 (SM-T800)

Android 6.0.1

DDeck
    @ddeck

How about this:

If you can’t figure out which ad network is serving the malformed videos causing the game to crash, and if you do figure that out you cannot get the ad network to fix the issue, and if you then further cannot make the app robust enough to handle whatever crap these ad networks throw at it…

Why not make “feats” for crashing the app?

Crash the app 100 times by watching a video (99/100)

Lose a winning streak by crashing the app (73/100)

Waste spells by crashing the app (33/100)

:-P

fun person
    @funperson

It’s been crashing on and off for me for a while. But today every time I try to watch a video it crashes. I sent an email to Rovio several times, but no reply yet. I’m in the US a on Samsung Galaxy Tab SM – T230. Android 4.4.2

Yue
    @yue-zhang

Be alert, I lost all my progress and gems/pearls and clan data. Don’t know what happened.

@hank

Rovio_Hank
    @hank

Hey!

After investigating this even further it seems to be a problem that has to do with the Google Play Services and it affects all games on Android phones. Google is working on fixing it, but we simply have to wait.

@yue-zhang

Are you saying your entire player progress disappeared because the game crashed? It sounds like something that shouldn’t be able to happen. You can contact me on private here on the forum and I’ll try to look into the issue personally.

Thank you for your understanding
    /Hank

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Game always crashes when i try to watch ad with phone (LG Smartwine; android 5.1.1) but works perfectly on tablet ( Samsung galaxy a6; android 7.0). It’s not big deal but it’s quite annoying. And i lost some clan games trying to watch ad.

Yue
    @yue-zhang

It’s really annoying about crash when watching ad. It’s one of the key income where Rovio could get. I know Rovio would definitely fix this issue to have more people watching ads.

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Uninstalling updates for Google Play Services seems to be the solution. Your phone might complain about some apps will not work, so far everything seems fine for me and ads are playing again.

choochen
    @choochen

Reinstalling Google Play Services seems to work, either. Procedure is: disable “Remotely locate this device”, move back to manufacturer version and then upgrade, and enable “Remotely locate this device”.
    Google Play Service 11.3.02 (436-161239932)

Angry Birds 2 – 2.15.1 (526084620309)

YaYaNunya
    @yayanunya

This is the BEST response Ever! Since I crash literally every click on watch video since updating, I’d be racking up those rewards.

YaYaNunya
    @yayanunya

Sorry, guys, new to this…my reply was to ddeck re: Feats for crashing;  I should have stated that now that I see posts are in time order vs direct to poster.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum AB2 2.15 freeze

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.