AB Space no longer in App Store (Resolved)

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Space no longer in App Store (Resolved)

• I don’t know the best place to ask this question, but does anyone know why Space is not longer avaIlable in the iPhone App Store?

I’ve been looking for awhile & all I see is the free version. I just downloaded & when initialing opening the app there’s an icon for “Get Full Version,” but the link to App Store then shows not available in US Store. Any ideas???

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@justpast40 Yeah, I’ve also noticed that only the free version of Space is in iTunes, but it says that you can unlock all levels in the free version by watching ads.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Ah …. @mighty-red-1, so it’s not just US Store.

I wanted to also compete with iPhone score but I’m pretty sure the @admins don’t consider this the same as ABSp & that this Free version’s scores can’t be entered on the ABSp LB, but an admin will need to confirm this.

Thanks for the watching ads info mighty-red-1, but that’s not for me, it would take an incredible amount of time to watch hundreds of ads & I think I could better use my time trying to improve ABSp on my iPad. At least I can play it there & I know the scores count.

Maybe someone from Rovio will pop in here & advise whether this is temporary or permanent.

sal9
    @sal9

The LB is open to both standard and free versions, as long as the levels are the same. @justpast40

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@mighty-red-1 @justpast40
    It is a bit worse: even by watching ads, you have a limited number of levels that you can unlock per day typically around 8. Apart from this, I have the impression that it is the very same game, with only one configuration file that switches the ad thing with respect to the normal game. I would consider scores obtained with the free version as legit.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Good to know @sal9, but it would take an incredible amount of time, especially based on what @sglouk just said about the limits.

Sal9, I don’t suppose you or other admins have heard whether the removal of the original Space from the iOS store is permanent or tempoerary?

sal9
    @sal9

We haven’t received any confirmation yet @justpast40
    It’s hard to make sense of all this, since Rovio announced the “Pluto” update and AB Space is still available on Googleplay.

justpast40
    @justpast40

@sal9, I looked for it on Google Play & could only find this Free veriosn or the Premium version. I don’t see the original version that I have for Android.

justpast40
    @justpast40

Well it looks like the original Space many of us have used on Android is also gone along with iOS, as I don’t have any of the 3 listed versions. It looks like the version I have has been retitled as “Free,” but there’s no need to watch videos to unlock levels on mine.

gladvold
    @gladvold

@justpast40 I’m on Android/Google Play, and I’m not sure if the App Store is different. But in Google Play it doesn’t look to me as if it’s really renamed Angry Birds Free, but merely marked with a “Free”-tag.

I have the old, not HD, not premium version. I remember it originally had ads, but there is an option to pay a small amount to get it ads-free. I did this years ago and had almost forgot. Look in the in app store:

https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/gladvold/album/picture/14368/

The game and levels are not different from HD or Premium. Its not like those Angry Birds Free, Seasons Free and Rio Free games.

Basically what I’m trying to say is, it’s the same old game, just tagged “Free”. In Google Play when I press the icon it says “installed”, which tells me its the same game that I’ve had all along.

Sglouk
    @sglouk

@sal9
    As far as I can understand, Rovio did not announce a “Pluto” update, but rather included in their last minor update a petition-thing like “Tap to support Pluto to regain planethood”, which is a rather unscientific move since the definition of what is a planet and what is not is not a matter of petition but of scientific arguments. So maybe they hastily removed the app after some people complained about it, and will take a day or two to correct all this.

burbman
    @burbman

@justpast40 – I have both the free version and the original on my iPhone. levels are the same, and once you open and clear a level for the first time (even one star), you can then watch the video to open the next level until you have met your daily quota. I then switch to airplane mode and go back for three stars/high scores on those levels, and their corresponding levels in mirror world. It sounds like it would take a lot longer than it actually does.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Small explanation : On Android, the “Free”-tagged version appears on your phone as the regular game. It actually IS the regular game, but with ads. You can remove them only by an IAP for the small cost of $ 0.99 / € 0.89 / £ 0.79.
    For iOS, the problem Rovio encountered is Apple’s hunger for money. So there is 2 separated versions, one of them is free, the other is for the same $ 0.99.

Edit: Paid versions (both SD and HD) did effectively disappear, even on French App Store.

Bad piggies
    @bad-piggies-2

It’s now back in the app store and it got an update, but I can’t see anything new with it and the vote for Pluto is still there

sal9
    @sal9

@justpast40 Everything is back to normal.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Space no longer in App Store (Resolved)

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘AB Space no longer in App Store (Resolved)’ is closed to new replies.