AB Seasons–Lost All iPad Data

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Seasons–Lost All iPad Data

• Had an accident yesterday and dropped my iPad and cracked the screen. Just happened to be near an Apple store and they replaced the unit through Apple Care. What I did not get to do is back up the AB apps through Disk Aid.

Apple folks backed up the old iPad through their Apple cloud and all the AB games reloaded except one—AB Seasons. I lost all the scores, stars and feathers for the entire game. Everything is zero on the new iPad for AB Seasons.

On Game Center and ABN Leader Boards my scores are still listed.
    Does anyone have any advice on regaining the scores, stars and/or feathers?

@birdleader

@amslimfordy

@sal9

@estar

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • wrw01
    @wrw01

Tried to load an backup copy of ABS “Documents” from Diskaid to the new iPad and it was not permitted because file sharing with iOS was not activated for the game. Not sure what to activate. Beyond my knowledge base.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

GameCenter does not store scores. It receives “total score” information and that’s about it. It does not report back to the app.

ABN requires you to enter your scores manually. We have no interactions with the scores on your device.

At this point, there would be no way to recover past data unless you restored your device to a recent iTunes backup and managed to recover some. It would be advisable to use DiskAid to backup your other apps first, since those seemed to transfer well and would likely be adversely affected by an iTunes restore.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@amslimfordy
    Thanks for the response.

I do have a saved file in DiskAid from Seasons but when I try to reload it back into the device I receive a message “As of iOS 8.3 only Apps with File Sharing Enabled can access the Document folder. Com.Rovio.ABHalloweenHD does not have this option”

Any suggestions on how I can enable file sharing with Seasons?
    If there a procedure anywhere in the Nest for reloading a saved file from DiskAid to a device?

wrw01
    @wrw01

Now that Apple has made it impossible to take lua files out of DiskAid or iMazing and reload them to a new Apple device (iPad/iPhone) with their latest iOS update 8.3 are there any suggestions?

I have the files saved to my desktop but cannot reload them to my new devices because they say I do not have “File Sharing Enabled”.

@amslimfordy

@birdleader

scott20
    @scott20

Several months ago I started up ABSW2 and all my scores were gone. I contacted Rovio and they were able to store a backup that was unrelated to my device, iOS, Apple, etc. They were able to do so with the Rovio Account and the most recent backup they had. Unfortunately, I lost some scores, but that was fine. I don’t think there is a Rovio Account for Seasons though.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@scott20
    thanks Scott, just send Rovio a note and hope they have a cloud version for Seasons but I think you are correct on the account for Seasons.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum AB Seasons–Lost All iPad Data

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.