A Paladin Question

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum A Paladin Question

• This might be a semantical question, but anyway…

I’m saving up to get the Paladin, but something in the verbiage is confusing me. It says “Target receives 35% less damage and the Paladin takes the damage instead”. Does this mean the Paladin takes it instead of the target bird AND red bird?

Also, I assume the shield only goes around one bird as opposed to the Samurai whose shield goes around all three.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

Paladin get the damage -35% instead the target bird

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

It means that:

eg there is a pig that deals 100 damage. After using the Devotion on Bomb, for example, the pig, which cooses to attack Bomb instead deals 65 damage to Red.

chunbogbog
    @chunbogbog

(1) Red cast Devotion to target bird
    – If a pig attack target bird, damage will deducted to 65% and red will received that damage instead.
    – If a pig attack red, red received 100% normal damage.

(2) Red cast Devotion to himself.
    – If a pig attack red, damage will deducted to 65%.

AndyK4483
    @andyk4483

@chunbogbog, @flying-falcon, @darkhunterrpgx, thanks for clearing that up. So now this leads to my next question, is Paladin that much better (60 lucky coins) than Samurai?

I currently have Samurai and it deals 3x 60 (180) damage and will protect all three birds for 40-50%. Paladin deals 163 damage and only protects one bird at a time.

I read a lot of posts of people raving about Paladin, but it seems inferior to what I currently have. What am I missing?

chunbogbog
    @chunbogbog

Paladin IMO is the best class in the game.
    Why? because it can attack and heal in the same time and the amount for both attack/heal is decent. Most of the time, you want to take down pig quickly and staying alive and Paladin can serve this well.

DarkHunterRPGx
    @darkhunterrpgx

Paladin is better like samurai – the heal is very good atm by me
    and it heals over 160hp actually every attack

KillerKea
    @killerkea

When I first got the Paladin I didn’t like him at all since I didn’t have a high damage weapon for Red so he didn’t do much damage or much healing. Once you get a good weapon for Red, the Paladin is very useful especially when you also use the Princess. If you have Titan’s Wrath, then you’ll like using the Samurai a lot and I’d recommend getting the Bard first and the Paladin later when you become high level and can do a lot of damage.

Many people explained the devotion skill well, but forgot to mention that you will see Red move in front of the bird he is protecting so he is the shield which is why he takes the damage. Because of the Paladin’s devotion skill, his healing ability and the Princess’ ability to make all enemies target the bird with the highest health a skill called counter becomes very useful. Later on you’ll discover a couple of characters that can cast counter on Red. Counter enables a bird that is attacked to get a free counter attack. Red will be able to survive all enemies attacking him and do damage to all of them.

Another thing to keep in mind is that using counter on red and devotion on another bird enables red to counter attack when he gets attacked or the other bird gets attacked.

Minion Pig
    @minionpig

Paladin is a must-buy imho, its a beast especially when paired with princess

AndyK4483
    @andyk4483

@killerkea, @minionpig, thanks for the responses. See, I don’t really use Matilda. I use yellow bird for healing and blue bird for multi hit attacks, red bird for large single attacks and shield. I also made yellow and blue elite from the dojo. I want to make red elite, but didn’t know whether to make the samurai or paladin elite. So, if I swap in Matilda, I’ll have to swap out a bird that I’ve spend a lot of coins on (snoutlings don’t grow on trees, ya know!)

So, do you think it’s still worth to get Paladin?

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

You’ll change your mind on using Chuck as a healer once you try the Wizard class. Rainbird’s healing is just too weak and spread out to be useful in later battles where a single enemy can do massive damage to a target, and Wizard is one of the best for dealing mass damage to multiple enemies. (Plus, Rainbird’s attack is wasted when using Chuck’s Rage attack, since he’ll always attack twice but the poison doesn’t stack.) Princess may only heal one at a time, but she’s still the most effective overall healer. (Possibly excluding Bard – I don’t have that one yet. Will have her in about a week to compare.)

AndyK4483
    @andyk4483

Interesting. OK, I’ll buy Wizard. However, one drawback, and maybe a different class does this. But I also like how rainbird can cleanse bad effect, like the zombie puke and whatnot. Can Matilda do that in any class? I know blue can.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Princess can cleanse. Matilda’s rage skill also cleanses.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I made a thread to answer just this kind of question. Look for “Dispel (Allies)”. Best option I think is Tricksters, because they can cleanse the whole party in one go, and you also get a damage boost for the next 3 turns at the same time. Tricksters can also dispel enemies, so they’re one of my favorite Blues classes. (And it’s the free one they start with.)

AndyK4483
    @andyk4483

Very true. I like Trickster a lot, even made him Elite. I alternate between that and Spies in case there’s a lot of pigs at once. I just bought Paladin and, as expected, like it a lot. Though, at least for the time being, I’m gonna stick with the yellow bird to do my healings.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum A Paladin Question

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.