3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 277 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 Apparently there are two levels that need to have their 3-star thresholds lowered – 1119 and 1127. Hopefully tomorrow’s update will solve this issue.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

I’ve figured as much, those are the only 2 I have yet to 3-star and it’s a shame that they closed down the facebook version. I wrote to Rovio about that last week. They’re aware of it, but the new cobalt plateau pack hasn’t fixed it yet :(

louie
    @louieamora

@jon3800 @mighty-red-1

hey guys! 1127 is 3-starrable, although luck is a factor (tried many times). on the first set, don’t immediately aim for the row-clearing fruit. instead, take down (one at a time) the pigs on the left and right first before shooting down the fruit. this method will increase your score versus dropping them all at once.

for 1119, i waited after the sherlock event since the bees get distracted on the other items that are not bubbles. the score yields higher but still impossible to 3-star. after much frustration… converted all bees to pink then use the fireball power-up up till the end. it’s a good thing that i hoarded power-ups.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@louieamora That’s not good enough. 3 stars should NEVER depend on the use of a number of power-ups, and nobody is willing to replay the level a thousand times until the critters finally work in their favor. Your case doesn’t change the fact that 1119 and 1127 need lower thresholds.

louie
    @louieamora

for 1119, i did say that it is still impossible w/o the power ups.

for 1127, i just shared an honest tactic (ie. no power ups). it’s still and always best that the threshold be lowered; however, i always thought that all AB games are both skill and luck based, including Pop.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@louie

Hi Louie, I tried using that strategy for a couple of hours now, the best I can get is 112,000 points which is enough for 2 stars. The problem with my version is my bees aren’t bouncing the bubbles at all like they should in the Facebook version and in a short time span, they change back to back green, sometimes I can get the first star before I hit the fruit, other times not. Sadly, you don’t have much bubbles to begin with and it needs to be lowered like the repeat 767 (level 1119). For me POP has been leaning towards luck based since there’s times right in the beginning or end of the level that I don’t have matching bubbles LOL

louie
    @louieamora

yeah, pop is really more about luck esp for 1127. hopefully, rovio lowers the threshold.

Jon S
    @jon3800

Louie, I had asked them a month ago, they said the level adjuster wasn’t not working, and they should have it balanced when the 1145-1165 will be released.

Well, the new levels are released and I found 2 more impossible to 3-star to add to the growing list. Both of these are Matilda levels

Level 1168 – it is set WAY too high…the best I can get is 120,000 pts and that’s good for 1 star
    1176 – Another problematic level I’ve been having trouble with. The best I got was 181,445pts and got me a bit past 2 stars.

Instead of releasing 20 new levels every Thursday, I really wish Rovio would play test the game before releasing. The same goes for their AB2 game. The Hamhock Holmes update was one of the worst I’ve seen because 90% of these “new” levels were repeated. I can’t believe they would re-use level 767 and use it as 1119. It’s unfortunate that FB version is no longer available :(

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 I’m happy to say today’s update lowered the 3-star thresholds. All 1185 levels are 3-starrable. Now to complete levels 1186-1205.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

(outdated .. see next post below)
    Level 767 went from a 3-star threshold of about 235,000 to about 60,000. Lol. So much for being discouraged by my 178,000 best score on the Android app.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

Woah. Did anyone else have the lowered the 3-star thresholds revert back to the old values?

I had been stuck on 767 @ 235k, 886 @ 130k, 890 @ 160k, and 903 @ 160k (level @ approx threshold). I managed to 3 star (and gold feather) these levels at lower thresholds over the past 3 days, but after a reboot this morning, I noticed they are back to their old thresholds on my phone.

trishohara
    @trishohara

It’s strange isn’t it @garth-christie? I have that sometimes too. There was a time where I easily could three star all levels from 100 to 850, it was even too easy by some. But a few days later they were back to the old thresholds.
    Rovio told me something about groups you are sorted to when you start. So that everyone has the difficulty they need to find it challenging – I did not completely understood how that works, what they meant. But maybe it is sometimes possible to trigger anything, that it suddenly gets easier?

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

that’s strange, I’ve never got the update for 1185-1205 and I’ve been checking at the app store since last thursday. My game continues to have the 4 levels I can’t 3 star 1119, 1127,1168 and 1176

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 The AB POP! Facebook page said they’re having trouble getting the update out on iOS.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

Ok I just got the update. I finished 1186-1205. They were okay to 3-star but
    1119, 1127, 1168 and 1176 still have very high thresholds.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 Well, I play the game on Android, so it’s possible the game slightly differs across platforms. Or maybe your game hasn’t downloaded all the newest assets via in-game servers.

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

I’ve made sure to download the assets and even installed Android’s Blue Stacks app on my computer to play POP to see if it’s there is a significant difference like the discontinued FB version had. Sadly, None of them have worked Same high tresholds for those 4 levels. For 1168, I did top my old score of 120,000 (150,000 now) but that still gives me 1 star. Looks like I have inform Rovio support again.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

@jon3800
    My wife was able to get the new update on iOS yesterday. This was after my threshold reverted back to the old values, and she has the same ones still, so she didn’t get to play with the low threshold values at all. I’m curious if everyone who had the low values and have rebooted or similar now find them reverted back. My known examples are 767 at about 235,000, 886 @ 130k, 890 @ 160k, and 903 @ 160k. Maybe @mighty-red-1 would check out on 1119 or 767 or similar to see if his thresholds are back to the “impossible” values.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 @garth-christie Hmm, you’re right – my thresholds have reverted back to the impossible ones. That’s just weird. Good thing I 3-starred those levels while the lower thresholds were up.

KRidger
    @garth-christie

Well thanks to the couple times that the thresholds were lowered and I had access, I’ve now aced the first 1000 levels on my Nexus 5, both 3 star and gold feather. I’m only sure I needed the lower thresholds on 16 levels. I use the word “needed” loosely, as I didn’t try a lot of Boost pops except on 252 and 767.

Looks like I’ll be stuck on 1119 when I get there in a few days though.

I’ve always wondered if the Android feathers leaderboards will change to show the number of gold feathers collected.

See screenshots showing my 1000 svp …

Jon S
    @jon3800

@garth-christie

still stuck on 4 levels 1119,1127,1168 and 1176. I’m going to have to write a support ticket to tell him a 4th time

Jon S
    @jon3800

Well version 2.27 came out. 1168 has been lowered thankully but I’m still stuck on 1119 (767 duplicate),1127 and 1176. Can anyone give me tips on those?

Just finished the new levels. Having difficulty 3-starring levels 1261 and 1262. Not only that…level 767 makes it’s third appearance as level 1265. Sigh :(

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 1261 and 1262 weren’t so hard to 3-star. 1265 was a pain, but after dozens of attempts the critters finally worked in my favor. So I’d say the newest levels are quite balanced. I advise you to try and 3-star level 1265 as soon as possible since Phantom Red will leave in a few days, and Stella is a terrible character for this level (and the duplicates).

Jon S
    @jon3800

@mighty-red-1

I’m trying hard even with powerups. My best score for 1265 is 197,500 and it’s nearing 3-star? How much is yours?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@jon3800 My score is 215,445, without power-ups.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum 3-starrable levels in AB POP!

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.