CD-ROM Install issue
  • Help!... I've just re-installed Angry Birds Seasons, for the PC, on a different drive and now every time to try to run the game I get this error "?:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'playtime' (a table value)(call stack not available)". Does anyone know why and how can I fix it? Cheers Ruaidhri
  • 5 Comments
  • Where did you download the apps from? There's no reason to receive this error on install unless something fishy went on.
  • I didn't download the "App" from anywhere. I purchased the Game on CD-ROM from a reputable store. I installed the game and it ran fine. I uninstalled the game and then re-installed it on a different hard drive. Only then did I started get the error.
  • CD installs likely have limits on how many times they can be installed. This prevents pirating games. I don't know where you purchased the CDs from, but only very few sources have Rovio's authorization to create them. Your best course of action would be to contact the seller.
  • I haven't got the CD-Rom, 'cause I bought my games from Rovio's wedbstore. When I got the order confirmation mail and those activation codes the post said that the activation code can be used 3 times. At one point I had to reset my PC totally and after I did that I downloaded the games again and all the games are working fine.

Not sure if there is some activation codes in the CD-rom version but if not I guess there is some other way to limit how many times the game can be activated. Are you sure that you haven't installed the game into any other PC?
  • Oh well, disappointing but thanks for your help all the same.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!