How do I create an Avatar? (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 7
  • 432 Comments
  • Be sure to rate it as G on Gravatar.
  • Another week, another avatar. I like to keep things fresh.
  • I'm now nicknamed Angry_BrownBird, and I'm testing my avatar.
  • Uh Oh, My nickname shows up in my profile, but not in the forum.

This really stinks.
  • Hey, general question. How come @sal9 has 2 different avatars (boomerang in the forum and red bird's eye in profile and comments) ?
  • Perhaps different email addresses between the forum and main site.
  • I think I uploaded my forum avatar before gravatar took over the forums, a very long time ago :D
  • Can someone help me. On the forum my avatar doesn't show up event though I have one.
  • Are you using the same email address as the main website? ( comment section )
  • @badpiggy The main site's new "post your profile pic" feature hasn't been associated with the forum yet. So if you used that, then it would not show in the forum. But Gravatar works with both sites.
  • New Gavatar avatar! Testing it here!
  • How long does it take for the new pic to kick in?
  • I want to change to an actual angry bird but I don't know how to find the images.
  • @madbird Google Images is a good spot to find some.
  • I have a problem. My profile picture is orange bird. When I post something to the forum discussions, it still has that grey picture with pig wearing glasses or whatever that is. I'm sorry to post that here if this isn't the right discussion to tell you about this.
  • Where did you upload your avatar? directly here on your profile page or at gravatar.
  • At gravtar how long have had that pic for?
  • I want to make a Gravatar account, but is it able to be delete after? What would happen if you were to delete the Gravatar account...would i remove the avatar too? Thanks :)
  • If you delete the Gravatar account, how would the system find your avatar on Gravatar?
  • i cant see mines :( can someone tell me if u can?
  • can't see it. did you rate your avatar "G" on gravatar?
  • @ 1st i just uploaded it from my computer onto abn. now i just tried doing it through gravatar...i still cant see it but i'll just wait & see what happens. thanx
  • Mine is not showing...
  • Did you upload it through Gravatar?
  • No. Just uploaded a pic.
  • You need to upload it through Gravatar for it to show up in the forum.
  • Then why have the option to directly upload it? I don't want to go to ANOTHER site to have a simple pic show up...
  • Hey Heathen. The pic you uploaded shows up on the main site. You'll need a Gravatar Avatar here. It only takes a few minutes if you want to do it (instructions are on page one I think). You can also wait a little, as the admins have said they'll be making changes to the Forum - no one knows exactly when that will happen though.
  • @PlayDBird - So you see the pic I uploaded? I don't see it....I still get the same grey empty box...even if I reload image or refresh the page.
  • I see your red bird avatar on the main site, but I see your grey empty box here - which tells me you've successfully loaded your pic for the main site...but you still don't have a gravatar avatar.

If you've just done the Gravatar thing - it takes a few minutes sometimes.
  • The avatar upload system currently only applies to the main site. This is because the forum, while it shares a domain, is a very separate piece of hardware.

Gravatar is a system used in many online forums since it is loyal to one's email address and not just "some username".

In the future we willbe changing the design of the forum, which will likely integrate with the existing functionalities on the main site more.
  • @PlayDBird - I am not sure that I understand what you mean by the main site, but @AMSlimfordy indicated that it doesn't work anyways. Thanks for letting me know. :-)
  • I know it can be confusing @heathen.
    The Main Site is anything that is not the Forum.
    So, leaderboards, walkthroughs, the news and articles are all the main site.
    The Forum is this section of discussions we're on now, as you know.
    On every other part of the site I can see your red bird avatar.

Maybe Slim can do a better job of describing the main site and the forum - but I know they are separate pieces of software.

• Thanks... :-)
  • This helped out to get avatar
  • Testing I hope this works
  • nothing so far
  • >:( come on now.....
  • it take's a minute
  • Its been five
  • did you save it
  • Looks fine to me.
  • I logged out and logged back in and it was good.
  • Let's see if it worked
  • I just figured out how 2 change my avatar 2 change ur avatar u have 2 upload 2 pictures then go 2 change ur avatar upload pic crop it then ta da!!!!! U created ur avatar!!!!!! Hope this helps!!!
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!