Forum Members Exclusive - A first look at the "Leaderboard" Page 2
  • 87 Comments
  • Thanks for everything, BirdLeader, the leaderboards are a blast. I know you will be adding additional features, but one small feature that I think would be great would be when you are on you own stats page, there is a ranking showing your overall rank for that episode, ie 98th in total, of the scores entered. That or the current high score.

Also, another feature that would be fun is the ability to compare your scores with another member. skoldpadda has the highest Rio score now, so it would be fun to be able to easily compare my scores to his/hers.
  • At least a few of those features are currently already available on your personal leaderboard, frozn! @frozndevl
  • @skoldpadda

Not quite, here are my examples.

Current: Total Score on Angry Birds Rio: 5,071,550
    Proposed for rank: Total Score on Angry Birds Rio: 5,071,550 (98th) or
    Proposed for scores: Total Score on Angry Birds Rio: 5,071,550 (5,293,800 by skoldpadda)

Also, the comparison would be an option on a user's scoreboard called "Compare scores" or somesuch, and a new scoresheet would be produced with a format similar to contrast to the current layout:
    | Level | Your Score | Off high by | Avg Score | Off avg by |

proposed layout:
    | Level | Your Score | "blank's score" | difference |
  • Bird Leader -
    I verified 14 of the 15 Rio chapter 4 levels (all except 4-15) and I thought I had posted them to the Leaderboard comments, but then I found that there are comments for each of the sub lists and my comment went to the Rio comment thread. I think that all the comments should be on the main Leaderboard comment thread. Regardless, you've done a great job with the Leaderboard.
    PS - On 4-15, my min 3-s score is 72K, and I found a comment that a fellow AB'er had 2-s with a 71K score. This is higher than the 70K shown on the Leaderboard. Do you have any details on that 70K score? This is a particularly tough level to score, as you know. I'm still trying to get a consistent method down.
  • @psquare53 No worries! I found all your comments (incl. the one about 4-15) and I believe all the scores are now up to date. As always, it's much appreciated.
  • Another small update today. It's not that exciting, but if your score was flagged you can now request that the flag be removed. You do this via your personal scoreboard by clicking the flag icon in the row that contains the flagged score. If you're flagged score was entered by accident, please correct it first.
  • +1 for it would be nice to see current overall rank for each level. Would that be hard to implement?

• @skoldpadda We're working on it. Ranking is proving to be a challenge.

I have rolled out additional updates to the personal leaderboards. They now now broken up, so they load much quicker. Once ranking works it will be there as well.
  • I notice you have some goofball posting tons of fake scores tonight. Nice updates on the leaderboards!
  • Alright, ranking should now be working on the personal leaderboards. If you notice anything screwy please let me know.

@skoldpadda I believe all those erroneous scores have been removed and the user was banned. If you see others please let me know.
  • As you implement the 3-star minimum score (like with the Rio leaderboard), would it be possible to allow us to enter lower scores, but only use scores above the 3-star minimum to calculate the average? I like to use the total score at the end to check against my chapter totals in the game.

Also, can you add a way for us to delete errant scores? I accidentally entered the wrong score (i.e. 3-5 in 3-4's slot). I ended up changing the wrong score to my 2-star score for the correct slot, but that can throw off the average.
  • @Lumenator You already enter scores that are lower than the minimum 3 star score. I have certain logic in place that helps to prevent abuse, though it is by no means perfect.

The average is calculated using a different set of logic to help insure it's accuracy. The idea of only using scores above the min 3 star threshold is an interesting one, but I'm not sure it's ideal. I want the leaderboards to contain realistic averages that anyone can obtain if the try hard enough.

As far as deleting scores, that is something that will be rolled out soon.

Thanks for the suggestions and participating in the leaderboards and forum.
  • Quick update!

You can now delete your score by entering 0 into the score field. Warning, there is no prompt, so if you do this your score will be removed. This is a quick and simple way of getting things back on track in the event you entered a score on the wrong board. This said, don't forget you can can always enter a lower score (i.e. you don't need to delete your score first).

Also, as most of you saw, I rolled out a bunch of additional updates last week. The personal leaderboards are now broken down by edition, which really cuts down on load times. In addition, we now have boards for Total Score and your rank is now outputted.
  • The improvements I have seen in the leaderboard organization over the past month have been fantastic! Appreciate your work on this.
  • Cheers for all this. Helped me decide the levels which I was under par and improve them to get the points achievements for all the levels
  • Just an idea, how about a leader board for the Golden Egg levels?
  • I just found the leaderboards yesterday and I am THRILLED! Thank you so much for this work and for helping me feed my score addict addiction like this. Fan. Flipping. Tastic.
  • Most welcome! If you don't mind me asking, how did you stumble across us?
  • Thanks for this awesome addition to this great site!

Few wishes though:
    - Would love the comparison feature @frozndevl suggested. Maybe with multiple users/group, and the selection could be saved.
    - The average score as @Lumenator proposed (using the ones above 3-star score) would be nice to know, when your own score is above the 3-star score. Currently the lower scores can pull the average down in certain levels, and it will be harder to see how much is "easy" to score above the 3-star level. This "higher average" could be shown with the grey color the "n/a"-texts currently use, so one could recognize the scores from each other.
    - And a small detail: Help texts for the flag and 3-star icons would be nice. These features aren't described in the leaderboard page itself.

And hit a little bug also: JS-tablesorter sorts wrong if there are scores less than 1k. E.g. 970 gets sorted higher than 1,520. (So the comma seems to be the problem)
  • Love the leaderboards!

Just entering my scores now - not that they're that good!

As a side note - I've noticed that a competing site (angrybirds-score.com) have an Android app to upload their scores - is there a possibility that a similar app could be developed for this site?
  • @Underdude Thanks for all the suggestions and the bug report. I level of detail is very helpful. Hopefully I'll be able to incorporate some of these into the next round of updates.

@dillster70 Thanks. Possibly.
  • @Birdleader:
    Would it be possible to show under the Videos (@Walktroughs) the Highscore for this Level?
    So people can see the Method to earn 3 Stars and how much space between the min & max Score really is..
  • @faceXpress Highscores are already listed on the bottom on the individual walkthrough pages. Maybe that's not what you're asking?
  • Shame on me ! Was tooo blind :(
  • I've decided it would probably be nice if the personal version of the Leaderboard showed your rank for individual levels similar to how it's done on the summary page. Something like a column that would display "5/150" next to Your Score for the level. maybe it could also be linkable to the page that shows everybody's score for that level. The level name already does that but you have to click on the link to find out what your rank is. This way you only need to click to find out what everybody else's scores and ranks are.
  • @CougRon - That's a great idea. I will put that on the to-do list as well.
  • I got a high score yesterday on golden egg #6. I read there is not an option to provide screen shot confirmation. Is this true? Thanks and regards.
  • Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
  • No problem. That's what we are here for.
  • guys, u shud see this guy scores eherrera32
    http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/leaderboard/angry-birds/?u=8861

it seems impossible to reach that kinda score at level 1... forgive me but i just don't believe it

if that scores is real, i really wanna see the capture of every score that he or she submitted

hehe .. what do u think guyz ?
  • @onezzz Thanks for the report. All the scores have been removed.
  • @BirdLeader thx u .. for ur support... i just feel a lil confused, why don't we ask him to upload the score

@AMslimfordy i saw it, thx u
  • @onezzz If I thought they were entered accidentally I would have, but in this case I think they were just having some fun.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!