Should i leave the fandom? Page 1
  • Sad News :'(
    I,m going to quit the Angry Birds Franchise when school starts this june.....the real reason why i,m going to quit is because that alot of my friends and family said that i,m too old for Angry Birds and rovio said to me that "Their are no age limits on our games" but i,m not going to accept it..so....am i still going to watch Toons?...Yes.....but i,m not going to download the episodes....i,m just going to watch it on the internet.Sorry guys...but i,m not going to leave today.i,m going to leave in June 2.should i leave?
  • 25 Comments
  • NOOOOOOOOOO Please at least stay on the nest. There's a great forum called The Bloated Pig. Try checking it out.
  • @Jeremiekent13 - I'm not sure how old you are, but why should it matter? Why should you stop playing 'cause someone tells you that you're too old for AB. I'm soon 29 and I love AB! And I'm not even close to the oldest players here at the Nest! So far I think the oldest was 80 years (someone correct me if I remember wrong) and you said that you're going to school so I think you're even younger than I am :D
  • Well.... if you like the game, don't stop playing it just cause your friends want you to. Of course, Angry Birds is just a game. If it's a more serious matter like drinking or smoking, definitely don't do it. They're not friends, they're bad influences. You usually become most like the people you hang out with. So if your friends want you not to play, well, then, the choice is yours.
  • Well...i,m 13
  • So there's no need to worry. Like I said, there's A LOT older people playing. Just ignore the comments from your friends! If they leave you 'cause of AB, then they've never really been true friends :D
  • I agree with @lisko, you shouldn't quit AB and ABN because of your friend and if they leave you because you like Angry Birds so they are not your true friend and they're definately don't know that Angry Birds is the world most famous game (more than 1 billion downloads). So if they don't play with you, you can hang out with us in here. Btw-I'm 14 and I'm sure when I'm old I still play Angry Birds. Good luck and it's your decision to play or not to play
  • I´m 13 as well and I´m not to old for AB and I never think I will be to old for AB. So I don´t really understand why you think so, if you still like to play AB, you should continue.
  • @Jeremiekent13 -- No way you're too old for AB, and you're just barely old enough for ABN. Check out the "Seniors on ABN" forum, and show it to your family and friends. I'm a proud member of the Seniors' forum and old enough to be your grandmother.
    It is true that as a teen, you need to make sure that you make your studies the first priority. You also need to allocate enough time for exercise and sports. Perhaps you could use AB play time as a reward for completing your homework and chores. Would also be a good idea to limit the number of hours per day that you play. If you aren't getting grades as high or higher than you've gotten it the past, and as high as your parents expect you to get, then you shouldn't be playing AB.
    Good Luck and hope to see you around.
  • I'm also teen and even I'm still playing super scribblenauts (which is a kid's game) just for fun ! :P
  • @Jeremiekent13 -- Forgot to mention that AB is uses real physics to control what happens in the game. You might want to check out some of the articles by Rhett Alain on the physics of Angry Birds: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2013/05/how-can-you-find-the-launch-speed/
    AB Space and AB Star Wars use real gravitational physics and outer-space vacuum conditions. There is a video about space physics, shot on the Space Station, available as part of the AB Toons (Specials).
    So have fun while learning!
  • @Jeremiekent13,
    Your never too old for games. I'm 48 and play as much as I can. (work and chores come first of course)
    When I was your age, this is the quality of the gaming back then

http://www.ponggame.org/

(it actually allows you to play the game)
  • I'm five times your age and a bit more (68) and I don't consider I'm too old for Angry Birds. Peer pressure (what your friends think about things) is something you should be aware of, it's too easy to go along with the majority and find yourself doing stuff you really don't want to do. Consider their ideas and suggestions, but always make your own decisions for yourself, it's your life and nobody else's. I'd say the same about what parents think, as well, but that'll get me in trouble!
  • I am also a teen and I don't think I am to old for Angry Birds, if you really enjoy Angry Birds you should continue :)
  • I'm a teen and I still play. Some of my friends actually think its really cool that I three star everything. I don't think age has any factor in your decision. You can't just stop liking something because of how old you are.
  • wait....how about this.....how about i won't let my family and friends that i,m still and angry birds fan....but i,m not ganna play it......i,m just going to watch toons and still play friends
  • @Jeremiekent13 - In the end it's your decision. I just don't quite understand why you should decide to stop playing if the only reason is that your family and friends think it's childish to play AB. I don't think anyone should stop doing something they like just because someone thinks it's naive. My hubby is 28 and he collects toy cars, I mean Hot Wheels and others. He's got almost 200 of those, and all in their packages. I think that's funny, but I'm not telling him to stop collecting them 'cause I know he likes it :D
  • @Lisko -- From what you've said here and elsewhere, it sounds like your hubby is a true collector!
    @Jeremiekent13 -- Why lie? Your decision, but you might get more experience acting mature by standing up for your likes.
  • @mvnla2 - Haha, yeah! He collects cars in the real measure and then those toy cars :D And we've been together for over five years so who am I to judge anyone's hobby :D

@Jeremiekent13 - I definately agree with @mvnla2 in this one. I bet all I have that if we start to count from this day, couple of years later you'll be smoking and drinking like your friends. AB is only a game, but it really doesn't harm you in any way. I can tell from my own experience that I was badly bullied in school, 'cause I loved to craft work, I didn't give up and I'm still doing some when the Little Monster gives me some spare time. It really isn't about your age, it's about your willing and that you're willing to take a side. I just can't see how you playing AB hurts any of your friends. Unless you use all your time playing.
  • @Jeremiekent13 - do what YOU want to do. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. At the end of the day, you will get more respect for just being you, than going crazy trying to be what you think people want you to be.

I'm 40, BTW and collect Action Figures. I am mature when I need to be at work, and retain some childlike qualities outside of work so life always remains fun.
  • @jeremiekent13 You can play angry birds as a stress release or even you can play it when you're bored ;)
  • @jeremiekent13 - Don't EVER lose your sense of fun. I'm in my 60's and can tell you that as I look back everyone I ever met all over the world that I really had no use for were all people who had no sense of fun. I never could, and still haven't, figured out what those people are living for.
    I don't mean to get too serious here but you're at an "interesting" age but try not to let your friends define you.
  • @jeremiekent13

Angry Birds is a Fun Game. So it doesnt matter how old you are. I will play it with 100 if i can :-) it's like @birds already said. Play AB for stress release. You are a Part of the Angry Birds Family. Don't stop killing the Green Fad PIGGIES :-)
  • So @jeremiekent13 -- Are you staying and continuing to play? We all hope so.
  • @jeremiekent13, are you still there or already gone to school
  • you're only 13? I'm 30 and I'm a HUGE fan of AB. and I'm NOT ashamed. you shouldn't be, either.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!