Anybody can pilot a ship when the sea is calm! Do you have what it takes Seafarers! Battle Bay, Rovio’s first Real-Time – Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA) game, has received it’s first Update (v 1.2.8054) adding a brand New Map and a New Fusing Item – Available in select countries on iOS and Android.
This update includes:
- A brand new Nightime Map: The Fighthouse!
- A New Fusing Item: Nuts & Bolts – Great for fusing, always adds to combo bonus!
- Game balancing: Improved Enforcer – 10% faster, extra red slot point at tiers 3 and 4 (and removed a yellow slot point at the same tiers).!
- Various Graphic Improvements: Including match start/end screens, awesome new item icons.
- New Local Country Leaderboard.
- The Fighthouse – A new map has been added, featuring neat lighthouses.
- The new loading screen has been improved and now lets you compare your infamy points to other captains.
- All icons have been updated to look more awesome – AWESOME!
- Nerfs – We nerfed the railgun, firebomb and the healing item.
- New item: Nuts and Bolts – A new item specifically for fusing. You can find this item now in the shop to improve your weapons easier!
- Kill messages now show the exact weapon, rarity and evolution stage – You will now always know what hit you! No excuses!!!
- Added country leaderboards – Compare yourself to your fellow country men and become the best like no one ever was!
- Google Play only: You can now save your progress by login into Google Play services – Never lose your account again and use all your devices
- Fixed some tooltips.
- Fixed evolution dialog not showing the fitted perk carrying to the evolved item.
- Fixed evolution dialog not showing the effect of fitted perk making it look like item get’s worse when evolving
- Fixed ItemInfoDialog showing perk for example in shop if the previous item which was looked had perk.
- Added confirmation dialogs for claiming achievement reward which would overflow resource caps
- Show maxed out item level as golden color to indicate it more clearly.
- Sort player indicators based on distance. Resize them to 75% when further.
- Fixed edge case where paymant might have got stuck on iOS if game is killed in right spot during purchase.
- Changed evolve to pick evolution material items in determistic order: First inventory in slot order, then ships on ship and slot order.
For help, tips, and questions be sure to check out our Battle Bay forum right here on the Nest. We hope you enjoy the first look video above!
Face off against real opponents and own the waves in real-time team battles – it’s sink or win!
From the AppStore:
A real-time multiplayer battle arena in your pocket. Choose a ship, slap some guns on it and take to the tides with your fleet of teammates to trounce live opponents in five-on-five PvP contests of seafaring strategy and firepower.
The thrilling competitive fun of a team battle arena, right on your mobile device. Join a fleet of allies and take on competitors the world over in bite-sized battles among the rolling waves – all while you wait for the bus.
Choose A Ship
Choose between different classes of ships, each with their own speciality – the Enforcer packs a powerful offensive punch, the Defender is a nearly indestructible floating tank, the Shooter can equip more weapons than you will ever need, the Speeder stays in the action with acceleration and agility, and the Fixer keeps your teammates floating. Level up your ships for more healing, defense, speed, and firepower!
Weapons, Armor, Items, Abilities
Cannons, torpedoes, grenades – Collect, fuse and modify items with almost infinite variations. Choose from an arsenal of destructive or defensive items to fit your fighting style. Whatever it takes to keep you and your team afloat.
Attack your enemies with a full on offensive assault, or play defense and capture the point. With different classes of ships to choose – each with their own unique abilities, and a motherload of weapons, armor, items, and perks, there is plenty of room for a wide range of battle strategies.
Join a Guild
Team up with your friends in a guild to chat with your guildmates while you conquer your enemies in combat. Guild leaderboards pit your crew against other bands of blast-happy captains. Who will be the best?
If anyone here has more info or general thoughts please share them in the comments below.
Soft Launch Countries
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa