The Carbonite Pack update for Angry Birds Star Wars II has landed a day early, bringing with it plenty of new characters from the original trilogy! Listed as v1.3.0, this update is now available for iOS and Android via Google Play and the Amazon Appstore, with more platforms coming soon. This update is not like previous ones, so read on to find out what all is included.
This update includes:
- 8 new characters! Each character has their own level in the Reward Chapter, which means 8 new levels there. Our walkthroughs for these levels are live! Below is a quick list of the new characters. For all characters visit our Complete Angry Birds Star Wars II Character Guide.
- Carbonite Han Solo (Bird): Turns every block in its immediate vicinity to ice.
- Lando Calrissian (Bird): A single three-laser shot from his blaster.
- Wicket the Ewok (Bird): Launches three Ewoks, each of which can be split into three more.
- Jedi Knight Kit Fisto (Bird): Lightsaber spin, though less extreme than Yoda or Droideka.
- Jabba the Hutt (Pork): Immense bulk launches nearby blocks into oblivion.
- Royal Crimson Guard (Pork): Targets an item with a grappling hook and holds on for dear life.
- Tusken Raider (Pork): Takes a single sniper shot that is not effected by any blocks in the path.
- Shocktrooper / Red Clone Trooper (Pork): Two triple-shots from the laser blaster.
We aren’t clear what constitutes “melting the frozen Carbonite Pack”, since it unlocked for us by default. If anyone has additional information, please let us know. Once melted, you will earn 3 swaps for each of the eight characters. For an unofficial guide to which levels yield the most damage with the least characters, see this thread from @cal010.
- 2 new treasure maps, and four new Side Quest levels in Battle of Naboo! Our walkthroughs for these levels are live as well!
- Rovio Accounts are now live in most countries for iOS and Android! You can either register a new account or use the same login info from the original Angry Birds. Note: Bird Coins and Character Swaps do not appear to transfer, but achievements, stars, and scores do.
- Quite a few new in-game achievements, so we will update that list soon.
- Our Star Wars II Leaderboard is up-and-running for this update. Compete against true Jedi Masters and Sith Lords!