Happy BirdDay Angry Birds! Can you believe it’s been five — YES! FIVE — years? As we first mentioned a few days ago, to celebrate this monumental milestone Rovio has released a new ‘BirdDay 5’ update that is now available for iOS and Android via Google Play. In my best used car salesmen voice: DON’T WAIT, DOWNLOAD IT TODAY!
Since we’ve already written extensively about this unique update, well just jump right into the good stuff:
- 30 BRAND NEW levels designed by fans — both young and old. Six of these awesome levels come from Nest and Pigineering users. A BIG congratulations to @sal9 and @les-toreadors for being two of the winners (and no, I did not make this decision). Our walkthroughs will appear here.
- At least one new Golden Egg that is ready to be found, cracked, and whipped into an omelet. If you can’t find enough of these precious Golden Eggs to make an omelet then be sure to check out our complete guide
- Bug fixes! – Squash’m baby!
- Flock Favorites no longer has two additional “Coming Soon” episodes. BirdDay 5 fills the episode 30 spot.
- The (RED) Golden Egg is now Golden Egg 33. The BirdDay 5 Golden Egg is #32.
- Just a friendly reminder from the Nest Security Force™ that Power Up Scores are not permitted on our Angry Birds (ABo) leaderboard. Using a “Shockwave Black Bird” that is given to you in the starting lineup is perfectly fine. It is only considered a Power Up if you click on the PU button (not available for PC, but just emphasizing).
We are truly honored to be included in such an amazing group of partners, including CERN, Google Play, LucasFilm, National Geographic, NHL, Shanghai Oriental Pearl Tower, Sony Pictures Home Entertainment, Twitter, UNICEF, WWF and NASA. Wow! Just wow!
So what are you waiting for?! Grab the update and enjoy these fan inspired levels. Oh, and be sure to let us know what you think of the update below!