Rovio announced today that you can now purchase the original–ad free!–version of Angry Birds through the Amazon Appstore.
To get started you first have to install the Amazon Appstore.
- If you’re on a computer right now, go here and follow the instructions on the page. If you happen to be on an Android device just click here to download the application right to your phone.
- For those on computers, after you enter your phone number or email in the box you’ll receive a message that contains a link where you can download the Amazon Appstore application to your phone. It goes without saying, but you want to open this link on your device so the application downloads to your phone.
- After you download the Appstore application install it and then enter your Amazon.com user name and password so you can begin downloading apps
- Note, some Android have a default setting enabled that prevent you from installing apps that weren’t downloaded from the Android Marketplace. You’ll need to disable this setting in order to install the Amazon Appstore application.
- If you already have the ad supported version of the Angry Birds installed this will overwrite it. The prompt does say, “All previous user data will be saved.”, but be aware just in case.