Tutorial

• We WILL have a tutorial in-game later on but we were wondering:
    What would you like to see in it??
    What info did you most struggle with?
    What would you have liked to learn earlier on?
    How could we better explain the maps etc?

Any suggestions you have will be super useful :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Definitely explain:
    – How to fight.
    – How to use boundaries.
    – That back attacks do more damage.
    – How clans work (and what benefits you get from them).
    – How to level up birds. (And the fact that levelled up birds may not give the EXP you expected them to!)
    – How to evolve birds. (And what those mysterious bird stones are.)
    – How to scout (and what each pig type does).
    – How the friend system works.

Just introduce each thing once it becomes available. Not all at once.

Annem302
    @annem302

I do agree with all of what @smwforever45 says, and also would like some explanation of the different pig enemies and their special powers. Maybe you could do the pigs as you reach the different ones.

BeeBliss
    @blisscoy

Tell us the goal of the game. This doesn’t mean there is a final end achievement we work towards, but what the long term objective is. The first time I played with my birds, I didn’t understand where it was all going.

I do like the way each level gives you new opportunities to earn more riches through different kinds of gameplay. Those new enhancements need explanations like where you will experience them (I was pretty confused over the whole Gold pig and thief pig thing until it was explained to me).

The Oinkbowl isn’t just about earning your profile XP to level up, it is also about those skeleton keys – which are really, really important to earning extra special eggs and coins in the pyramid from time to time. I took me 10 levels to figure that out.

Explain the Friend system in much more detail – like why it is beneficial and how those hearts work (free eggs?)

Explain the Clan system in much more detail – like why you want to donate coin to XP up your clan (big unknown still).

Explain leveling up and evolution in more detail.

I think you have to balance out the tutorial so explain just enough to get newbies started but not giving away all of the strategies that make learning a new game fun.

Atom
    @atom

I’d also like to see an explanation for the Timed Adventures. As it stands its very confusing about what is supposed to happen with the adventure.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.