Star Cup

• Not the worst part of the game?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • Replies
  • birdMeister
    @birdmeister

Are the opponents real or bot? They seem like lame players. Got to think they are bots.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

Does it matter?

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

Today, the whole thing turned into a farce. The wins / Losses I made at the level were different than the wins / losses on the final summary. In the end I wound up with the same totals, but the level results were mostly wrong.

This reminds of the farce that AB2 daily arena was becoming before I stopped playing. I will give it one more day, but I am already frustrated at being treated in an arbitrary, disrespectful way.

burry
    @furry

Can anyone explaine the purpose of this Star Cup?

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

Its another ploy to get you to use and buy more powerups. Those who use even one power per contest will easily beat a non powerup opponent. Of course if both are using powerups it becomes an arms race and probably he who uses the most wins. This is exactly what Rovio is aiming for. ABF has become arms race to the point where some levels cant be 3 starred without a powerup or two.

sasilik
    @sasilik

Exactly same thoughts. Another way to get players spend money and get powerups. Tried it and when reached certain level then it was clear than I can’t beat another player/bot if I don’t use my own powerups.

milkywaygirl
    @milkywaygirl

I’ve given up on Star Cup. Opponents are not real and their scores are the same. Have you noticed that opponents’ score doesn’t start changing until you make your moves?

Once AB was a great, unpretentious game, which was later killed by greed! Endless ads and commercials and ways of trying to squeeze more money out of gamers.

I’m very disappointed.

sasilik
    @sasilik

I think that they may be real. But the opponent doesn’t really play real-time with you. I keep having feeling that these are saved games. Server chooses some other players game for you and then plays it down against you.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I think only the 1st one is created by Rovio. The others are normal players. I wouldn’t think there could be a 600,000 points jump created by computerised players!

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

So if the games are replays, I suppose one could end up playing against oneself. That would be wild!

sasilik
    @sasilik

I think not. Its quite logical to compare username so that you don’t get your own games.

birdMeister
    @birdmeister

I was thinking they would disassociate replays from players names and assign random names. That way I could potentially play myself. Probably not the way its done, but the thought occurred to me.

sasilik
    @sasilik

Playing it still and started thinking that if they disabled the use of your own powerups then it would be little bit more interesting.

sasilik
    @sasilik

Still playing and its quite clear that I am sometimes put against players who have clearly better score multiplier than me. And sometimes otherwise. I have beaten some player with way big score difference. I don’t want to think that there are players who are able to get so low scores.

JenPecha
    @jenpecha

There is no way this feature is a legit match up of live players on the same level. It can’t even be live players. When you finish a level, no matter how quickly or slowly you do, the “other player” finishes at the same time. I’ve never had to wait for more than a few seconds for the round to end. There’s no way. I’ve never been disconnected or had someone disconnect on me. It never times out. I’ve started a game, put my phone and forgotten about it for a fee minutes and when I pick up my phone I’m able to play as if no time has passed. No other live match up works that way.

And I agree with all the points mentioned here about scores. Can never get past chest 3 or 4 anymore. Completely rigged and Rovio should at least be up front about it.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

They aren’t live players; you just play against saved score or something like this, it’s the same thing like AB2’s Arena.

t-m-jake-smithhart
    @t-m-jake-smithhart

That’s just what I think, too.  But, I enjoy it.  Maybe I’m one of those lame players?  LOL

Argon
    @argon

Has anyone gone through all six rounds of the streak successfully? I have been to round 5 or 6 so many times now, but for some ‘strange’ reason (= Rovio-related pay-to-win-strategy?), I just can’t beat anyone at round 6. It’s so annoying that you are not put against an opponent (or bot) with at least roughly the same bird levels.

I also think that you are playing against pre-recorded scores, because no matter how much time you take the opponent’s score only increases when you fire a bird. Whenever I use birdquake or those mushrooms at the beginning, the opponent’s score just stays at 0. But as soon as a use the first bird it starts to build up.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

I’ve passed full streak 2x for now. First one was the first one and second was yesterday and today. However it probably was just a luck because my strategy is not to waste powerups in the Star Cup. I better keep ’em for tournaments.

anpa
    @anpa

What’s the point of Star Cup after you collect 500 stars and reach the Legent Tier ?

What would be the incentive to continue playing ?

I just don’t get the point of this cup.

angindnix
    @roswpell

I made it only once. Always loose when I get to round 4 or 5. The game has lost it thrill for me. Constantly repeating the same levels. Need to come to an end.

angindnix
    @roswpell

Neither do I. It has become boring. The thrill is gone.

4wrights0704
    @4wrights0704

When you power up your birds, do they make your birds in AB Friends stronger?  Or, is this just a side-game with no links to AB Friends?

anpa
    @anpa

Anyone reach 500 stars and Legent Tier ?

Nick
    @jeanbarnes1948

I finally played a person who just won first in diamond league i remembered the name so your answer is no they are not bots. I was wondering the same.  Nick

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.