Outstanding site

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Outstanding site

• Im a late-comer to the flock. I’d heard about AB, just could never understand the fascination. I’m an avid gamer, but since I spent quite a while in the military, I prefer FPS games. A few months ago I got insomnia (dental visit, infection, etc). I started playing AB just to pass the time as I lay awake for hours. Then I became addicted. Since some of the levels were designed (IMO) by psychiatrists in order to drive us crazy and increase visits to head shrinkers, this site has saved what’s left of my sanity. I doubt I can contribute much since AB and the other games have been out for so long, but I”ll be on here a lot as I try to get all stars/feathers/fruit, etc.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

We’re glad to have you aboard, @jkhab69! New points of view are always welcome, and you might have a couple scores creep their way up the leaderboard!

I’d also like to thank you for your service to our country. We would not be the land of the free and home of the brave without the “brave”. And without a doubt, that means the men and women of our armed forces.

Uncle B
    @uncle-b

Welcome @Jkhab69 ~ I’m a fairly new member myself and I’m sure you’ll find as I have that ABN is a very wholesome and friendly social community. Might I suggest you upload an avatar (hint: enter “avatar”in ABN search for tips and how to), complete your ABN Profile Page, play the “Daily Challenge”, check in at the “Bloated Pig” to introduce yourself and say hello, visit the “Pigineering” webpage to see the crazy contraptions the Pig Engineers amongst us have been creating, and generally just have a good time hanging around the nest.

Wishing You All the Best ~ Uncle B

wrw01
    @wrw01

@jkhab69
    Welcome to the Nest. I have to agree with you that this site is outstanding because of the data, facts and assistance it provides all flingers.

Review the items in the Yellow Bar above with some detail in Community & About. As you see fit join the appropiate Group(s) and drop into the Bloated Pig for some casual conversation.

SweetP
    @sweetp

Welcome @jkhab69! We’re glad to have you here, as you work your way through the “Nest” and fling with us.

I also want to thank you for your service to our country, and for keeping us safe and the freedom that we enjoy everyday.

As a new member to the Nest, I’d like to invite you to The Bloated Pig. The first drink is on the house, so just tell them I sent you!

Enjoy your time while you’re here, and if there’s anything you need help with, just give a holler.

Happy Flinging!
    SweetP

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@sweetp & @wrw01, thank you for the invitation. I stopped in and was very impressed with the bloated pig. looks like I’ll be spending even more time on this site than I already do.

justpast40
    @justpast40

A slightly belated welcome @jkhab69 & I too thank you for your service. My husband is a USMC Vietnam combat vet, my son-in-law career USAF, Dad was a USN WW II vet, well you get the idea.

I’m not a gamer, other than my ABA (Angry Birds Addiction,) but I absolutely love this site & not just for all the help it provides. The fact it’s a family friendly site (absolutely no cursing, name calling etc … quite a rarity these days) born by our fearless @birdleader, makes it a very pleasant place to meet & greet & over the years it really has become a global community of people of all ages, all walks of life with one thing in common, our love of these games.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@justpast40 I think I’m really going to like it here. I do wish there was a way to enter scores obtained while playing under adverse conditions. For example, we foster kittens for a local shelter and at this moment I have one kitten on my chest one on my stomach and one on my head. That counts as a three kitten handicap, which should give me additional leeway for scores…

justpast40
    @justpast40

@jkhab69 well I think the 3-kitten rule must be implemented as they definitely affect game play. I can’t tell you how many times 1 of my 3 adult kitties have nudged my elbow forcing a game restart as I’ve yet to have their assistance actually benefit my score.

SweetP
    @sweetp

@jkhab69 – Aw, darn it I missed you stopping in the BP! I’m glad you enjoyed yourself, and I’ll be looking forward to chatting with you again soon.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Outstanding site

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.