Not impressed with bard. Why is everyone else?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Not impressed with bard. Why is everyone else?

• Saw quite a few posts saying bard was at least as useful, if not more than, the paladin. I finally saved up enough to get the bard (and upgraded to veteran) and am not impressed. The damage and stun is nice, but the healing — both active and passive — is so minimal that even with the paladin helping it doesn’t make up for the damage I’m taking. Druid and princess seem much more useful.

I’m lvl 24 in the caves, consistently taking a lot of damage, so maybe it’s more useful at lower levels. What am I missing? Wish I had saved my coins for something else.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think the Samurai with the Titan’s Wrath and Titan’s Grip set is going to be far better than the Bard with the Doom and Demise set. I can see why you’d want a Bard if you had Doom and Demise, but I think the Paladin is a much better character to have than the Bard. The Paladin/Princess combo is very strong. If you are fighting a single tough boss, then having a team of Samurai/Bard/Wizard might be a good strategy since they all can stun. The Wizard stuns by using Speed of Light or Energize.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

If someone said Bard was equal to Paladin, I think they were sadly mistaken. Paladin is probably the best class in the game.

I think Bard has her purposes. If you can set her up with a stunning weapon, that can be super helpful in stunning strong enemies since the RNG are calculated separately.

I’d take Paladin + Lightning Bird as a “two-bird combo” any day. You either get two attacks with Paladin or a 65% chance to remove helpful effects from all enemies.

FlashBakes
    @flashbakes

What I like about the Bard is the HUGE single-target damage she does. Her regular attack has the highest power of any of the birds (second highest is Bomb’s Cap’n class), and the high chance of stun is icing. This is without legendary equipment or any attack-boosting shield items.

ColonelClaus
    @colonelclaus

Right now, Im finding the best use for Matilda is as the druid. At lever 16, Im constantly needing healing. Plus, Im in the caves and I need to level up or find some friends.

TheBirdStunna
    @thebirdstunna

Princess is my prefered Matilda I don’t plan on purchasing bard :/

RedBirdy639
    @redbirdy639

Priest is much better with Rainbird, Spies, Paladin, Mc’Cool (all of them are healers, unless you used a Hocus Pokus weapon for Bomb, he would be a healer too)

FlashBakes
    @flashbakes

Bard features in my favored party for the Mouth Pool battle, which I do every day with a borrowed bird for additional snoutlings – if you can take out the Spirit Caller before he runs away, he drops ten each wave, but it’s nearly impossible to do that without stunning him a lot. When I did that fight today I only missed killing him on one of the waves, and my party was Samurai equipped with stun weapon, Bard equipped with yin/yang set for faster rage build, and a borrowed Wizard. Using rage chili on Chuck at every opportunity gives you plenty of chances to stun especially when Samurai gets three shots with each hit, and with Chuck’s hitting multiple enemies with each attack you can pretty much ignore everything but the Spirit Caller, as the splash damage will make cleanup of other enemies easy before the Spirit Caller can revive to try running away again.

Bard also does well in other fights where I need high damage more than defense or healing, when I have Paladin in the party as well to supplement Bard’s low-ish healing ability. DPS tanking, as they say.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I find Bard to be the best Matilda bird. In the earlier levels, I used the druid all of the time. And I don’t know if you can complete Wizpigs Castle without druid (unless you use a lot of potions). Princess has her uses in specific battles, but can be difficult to use.

But when I first got Bard after starting the Chronicle caves, she had one of the strongest attacks. Much better than Paladin – at that time. This is very useful if you want to knock an opponent down quickly, particularly if you have the doom and demise set. I remember with some earlier caves with multiple large enemies, you had to work on one opponent at a time. And in later caves, I would have her cast her heal just before finishing off the last opponent of a wave, so healing continues for the first rounds of the subsequent wave. I would do this even if I was fully healed. I think she works really well if operating with Paladin.

I have not tried Druid recently, although her attack has improved significantly. I tend now to go with Rainbird for healing, because of his ability to remove harmful effects from one target and because of his Chilli attack.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Not impressed with bard. Why is everyone else?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.