New Set Gear

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Set Gear

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • Replies
  • orinocopl
    @orinocopl

About month ago i had a arena battle when after i won coin toss it was changed for the oponent, and during battle i noticed this set-i cannot say exact stats for this set but it looks like dice is giving some chance for changing coin toss outcome.
    Besides rovio is testing those sets the way they want. Previous class for red-Elite Knight, when event started on wednesday or thursday, i’ve encountered it two days later- there was no way to get this set earlier, before gathering all resources for it, not even to buy it for gold coins.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

I see there’s a link about this set, so it looks like rovio is testing it for a while.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    You tagged me wrong. :P Oh nvm, you fixed it while I wrote this. XD

Also, huh. I never encountered that set yet. If it exists since three months it should be appearing on the GPM… Are those opponents computer-generated? That’d be my only explanation as of now. The only other possibility a player could have this at some point would be some sort of code giveaway but I know of nothing.

Anonymous

@smwforever45 I don’t think it’s a code giveaway. My guess is that it’s going to be on next month’s calendar, assuming that Rovio follows the order.

How the person got it now? No clue, but I don’t think this opponent is computer generated. I think I heard about an exploit that let’s you claim rewards from upcoming calendars. Either that or he was just a hacker. :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@partshade
    True, I just realised that. Would make sense.

I thought they fixed that bug. :o Maybe someone found a new exploit.

It would be new to me if a hacker was to say “I’m gonna hack but not give myself the best equipment in the game”. XD Coin tosses sure can decide the outcome of a battle but other set items of the Blues are better IMO.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I think that there was a thread, not very old that showed how to go ahead in time on the daily calendar. I think I was on it about a month ago. It said to delete the game, change the clock to whatever daily calender you want, and then redownload it.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

@abcdefg

5 birds with 5 legendary set, so 2 items per sets…
    5*5*2 = 50 ! It’s a round number.
    We don’t need Rovio continues to create again and again set items.

The principle of a collection also is to say to itself that we possess her complete. And not that she is going to continue to increase eternally !

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Well, there is going to be a new set for Blues in the calendar next month and there are also nerfs in this thread. It is not just about set items, and about nerfs to existing set items and emblems(as @smwforever45 mentioned at the beginning of this thread). And I think that this is an important idea. I am suprised that no one created a thread on this when their are all these on “Create your own” type of threads(like New Headgear thread and Create your own bird thread).

WhiteAsIce
    @whiteasice

Weapon set effects:
    Red: Unyielding Guard – when another ally is attacked, there is a 10% chance that Red will cover the ally, taking the hit
    Chuck: Shock Barrier – whenever Chuck is attacked, 15% of the incoming damage is reflected back at all enemies
    Matilda: Purify – whenever Matilda uses a support skill, there is a 20% chance to cleanse all allies
    Bomb: Discord – all allies deal 20% more damage to any foe with a positive buff
    Blues: Switcharoo – when a foe uses a support skill, there is a 10% chance that Blues will steal it

Needs changes:
    Valiant banner – reduce chance to 40%
    Mana Shell – reduce chance to 50%
    Time Reset – reduce chance to 20%
    Scissors – increase chance or damage
    Finisher – change it so that it applies debuffs when attacking a foe under 50%
    Banner Breaker – increase chance or damage

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@whiteasice
    I’d support your suggestion to nerf Mana to 50% but Valiant’s too low. It should be 50% but only if the AI is adjusted too because it seems to have more luck than the player.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Those nerfs are drastic, and would make a lot of people (self included!) very angry for investing Shards into the various sets you call out as “needing” nerfs.

Tell me, of the sets you recommend to be nerfed, how many of the do you have, and at what level of enchantment are they?

I have Valiant 8/8 as my primary banner. And Reset. And I buffed Gladiator over Scissors and Banner Breaker. So you are proposing to invalidate my choices.

@roviobeni
    , @roviohuzz
    If Rovio is going to do widespread nerfs and buffs, I expect to receive ALL of my equipment un-Enchanted with ALL of my Shards back in hand. If I spent 55 Shards on enchanting an item to Level 10, then I want it back at Level 0 with 55 Shards in the bank. And make the equipment say what it actually does. Don’t put one effect in the description, and have it do something far weaker. A la Gladiator.

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Look at this @orinocopl(and whoever else is testing this set).

New Set for The Blues?

You are correct

Pointless
    @pointless

As far as I can see, there isn’t anything that needs a nerf right now (if we are including Navigator as it is, rather than advertised).
    If the Sets as suggested by @whiteasice are nerfed, why stop there? Maybe reduce TL to 5%? DB to 10%? Why not then throw RNG into everything? Blessed Banner only reduces damage and amplifies healing 50% of the time? Blazing only increases rage generation 35.6784% of the time? Angry only deals extra damage if your Birds are below 9.6368488% health and you are standing on your left foot when this happens?
    I echo Grey Ghost’s question…are these Sets you have and use, or is it about what you have to face?

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

Why all these random numbers like 9.63684…I forget. Make them round numbers. BTW- I do not have any of these sets, but when I encounter them in arena it is super hard for me to win. And Finisher is not that bad of a set. Also, I take back that nerf about Vallaint. Just attack the banner.

Pointless
    @pointless

There may be a 97.543963% chance you don’t understand what I’m getting at…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

For the record, I very regularly face Valiant TJ; Sea Dog Scissors; Reset Wizard; and Dragon Samurai. They are typically 1500+, 1550+, and I can beat them.

It’s interesting (and telling) that he didn’t single out Dragon as a set needing to be nerfed. I assume that he’s got Dragon himself, along with Scissors (but not Gladiator) and Finisher and Banner Breaker.

I run Banner Breaker Samurai a lot, and I don’t think it needs buffing. Scissors also shows up enough that it doesn’t need buffing either.

But if that’s what you have, and are making a nakedly self-interested post to make your life easier, then you know what?

When Valiant Procs, it should be on a chart: 30% = 1-turn, 40% 2-turns, 30% 3-turns lost. That have a far more interesting RNG spread. It would also be statistically identical to the original version of a 100% 2-turn wait. And as that is my primary Banner, I think it’d be obviously fair and balanced. And I think the vast majority of high-level players would agree, as they currently run Valiant themselves.

@roviobeni
    , @roviohuzz – you guys should have resisted the cries to nerf the “chase” sets like Valiant. If there isn’t a “best” set, there isn’t any financial “Pay2Win” incentive for players to acquire that set… Do what’s best for the company and restore Valiant to its original stats and capability. Also have Gladiator as advertised. Make players spend LCs on hunting those sets if they want to compete at the highest level of Arena.

Anonymous

I’ll throw in my balancing suggestions:

Red
    Dragonbreath ~ Bonus damage decreased from 75% to 50%.
    Banner Breaker ~ Chance of success increased from 25% to 40%.
    Primal Power ~ Damage bonus increased from 45% to 55%. (Actual effects outclass it :P)

Chuck
    Twin Lightning ~ Bonus damage decreased from 50% to 40%, Chance of success decreased from 60% to 55%.
    Time Jump ~ Chance of success increased from 10% to 15%.

Matilda
    Cleansing Light ~ Chance of success increased from 35% to 50%.
    Nature’s Blessing ~ Chance of success increased from 20% to 25%.

Bomb is fine.

Blue’s
    Shadow Steps ~ Chance of success increased from 10% to 15%.

Banner
    Mighty ~ Damage boost increased from 10% to 15%. (The fact that several set flags boost damage as much as this sets bonus doe’s makes it outclassed. It’s also under used.)

Emblems
    Time Jump ~ Chance of success increased from 10% to 15%
    Underdog ~ Damage and health bonus increased from 40% to 60%. Now only works by entering the battle with 2 birds. If only 1 bird enters the battle, damage and health is boosted by 150%.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

Never be increasing chance for shadow steps.It was too op if you do like that…….

Jadedbacon
    @jadedbacon

No one likes the stuff they spent time/money nerfed. Probably be more fun if the weaker stuff got buffed/retweaked.

orinocopl
    @orinocopl

Time jump and resurrection are utterly broken. At least when opponent is using it. For all my battles i never saw opposite team using time jump having chance of success less than 20 % I even had a fight where opposite birds had THREE time jumps in one turn(obviously i lost). That’s not even funny… So no, not 15% because even 10% is too much.
    Resurrection typical fight for me: 6 ko’s of opposing birds-6 resurrections, 9 ko’s -7 resurrection etc… In fact it should be described as 30% to NOT be revived. On the other hand when i was using It i never had higher percentage than 25…
    There’s a lot more of that kind, i was even thinking about new topic about all wrong things with ABE(like 6 moves in one turn for opposite team with no time jump or any other ability, just like that)… but it’s simply waste of time. Rovio does not fix it, every update is some new bugs and glitches, THEY DON’T CARE… Rovio is simply counting money and looking for new ways to get more.
    Dear Rovio, any chance for:
    Decent game?
    New birds?
    New story?
    New single player?
    New not repetitive events?
    Balanced arena battles?

Get real, not in ABE-GIVE US MONEY!!!.

Pity.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh, please. Just last night, I got multiple TJs and cleared the birds & banner in less than 2 turns (TJ is great when it procs on Banner Breaker slaving Sea Dog).

abcdefg
    @abcdefg

I do have the dragon set myself, but one of the items(offhand) is very low leveled. It was back at level 10-ish and and I am level 33. I have only one piece of Finisher and no pieces of Banner Breaker, and I used to have Scissors but it good so low leveled that I scrapped it for shards. I rarely encounter these sets(less than 5% of the time), so no biggie there. I liked the Dragon set at a low level, and I used to have a low level Dragonsword too but I got a new Dragonsword recently. I have the Steel Wall set, and just want to say that 10% protection is not enough. Buff it to 20%, 30% if better. 10% does nothing in the arena really. I also have the nightmare set which is very useful when I am using Bard in the caves.

Anonymous

@harharhar I was just comparing Shadow Steps to Shroud. Shroud is balanced so why wouldn’t Shadow Steps be?

@orinocopl
    Time Jump is debatable, but Resurrection is just fine. They only seem OP because the arena is rigged to make the effect trigger twice as much for the opponent. :/

@graugeist
    Isn’t that just luck though? I mean, 10% isn’t much honestly.

@all Just for the record, I buffed Time Jump to give people more motivation to get to Diamond League, which gives Rovio more cash.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Oh, it’s totally luck. I’m just saying that luck can be good, too.

01023927lolol
    @harharhar

One more problem……the finisher set for bomb which was totally USELESS

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum New Set Gear

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.