Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

• Just noticed this morning that I went from 5th place to 2nd place in my league grouping with no change in score. Has anyone else noticed this and do you think it means that cheaters are being identified and expunged from the tournaments?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!

Eric

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • Replies
  • Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

I noticed only one score thats 30or 40k higher on one level than anyone else, but I havent checked every one. I hope theyre booting the cheaters.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

I think they are weeding them out. i’m temporarily in first in my league. the last few weeks i’ve been 70k to 140k behind first.

beth.knapp.18
    @beth-knapp-18

I was wondering just the opposite. I went from 1st in the world league to 27th in 1 day. The scores that these people are getting are just impossible. I like to play fair – I enjoy the help I get from the videos but much of the time I try to better my score by trying new strategies on my own. I have been playing since AB Friends’ inception and LOVE it – it is my guilty pleasure. But, it is so disappointing to see that cheaters are allowed – I used to play on POGO.com and they had a strict rule against cheating and would boot them as soon as there was a discrepency in scoring. I wish Rovio would do the same thing.

Merry Christmas to you all – and a very happy and healthy New Year.

welshwitch55
    @welshwitch55

I love AB Friends and am happy that there is now league play since I only have 2 FB friends who play weekly. I too have noticed that there are scores thousands of points higher than what I can possibly get, even when I try different power ups. I don’t bother looking at Game Center anymore since there were so many people with the exact same ridiculously high score on the leader board that they had to be fake. It’s aggravating that people feel the need to do that, but I guess it takes all kinds to make this world go round.

Marcelle
    @marcelle

I went from 1st to 23rd in a nano second on Friday. It’s impossible for these other scores, plus my list changed yo people who weren’t in my gold league.
    What is going on? I spend a fare bit on power ups, and have never cheated and was thrilled to be número uno of my first gold league attempt. Feel my money wasted now too, as its impossible to reach unattainable scores of course…

Are the cheaters hackers (as in the game centre) or has the league just glitched?

Sorry about typos, but ipad won’t let me edit them!

Arlington Bomb Bird
    @eladd22207

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas holiday! My gold league group from this week is now down to just 5 players showing on the overall score panel so that means about 30 players have disappeared from that view. I can’t imagine that all of them were cheating, so very curious about where they’ve all gone.

MJ
    @mjdur

as the ppl above I have seen the same thing happen week after week, there are ppl with 300,00 more points than I have and who knows by the end of week, there may be only 6 ppl left….where do they go….hope they catch them all….this is just wrong…

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Funny, My Gold Group went from 12 to 40 in the blink of an eye the other day.
    The week before however a bunch of top scoring players vanished and I moved up from Silver.

I wrote to Rovio today asking if they had staff monitoring ABF’s Tournament for “unusual” shall we call it, play. I think they owe it to their customers to keep the game clean & fair.

HeadofFamily
    @headoffamily

I noticed today that my group went from about 25+ down to 8. On previous weeks I felt that some of the leaders must have been using something other than “normal” power-ups to get their scores. I came here today looking to see if there was an explanation. Maybe Rovio weeding out is the answer, but many of the people who disappeared had lower scores than me, so if they were cheating, they weren’t doing a very good job of it.

prf1001
    @prf1001

For the first time I’m in the Gold League of Angry Birdes Friends Tournements and it has been relatively easy to get there, using of course, some power ups (wich are expensive but legitimate sources of income of Rovio).
    I’m absolutely astonished with the scores that are registered in the levels of this week tournament. I’m pretty sure that the scores presented are totally impossible, even using all the possibilities given by the power ups, which gives me the certainty that they are obtained illegally and immorally.
    I dont see by Rovio, any explanation that fits my outburst and complaint, or see wherever proof (in particular through video, but at least with a print screen of results) that legitimizes this blatant dishonesty. I think this is a total lack of respect for those who have long been looking to compete with fair play.
    We live in a world where those who win are not those who strive to be competent, but by the “smarts”, the amoral and the cheaters.
    We deserve from Rovio an explanation, and an urgent correction of their procedures, to avoid this scam that discourages anyone who is serious.

An Angry Bird
    @jwood

Same happened to me. From second place all the way down to 28th in a nano second. Names I didn’t recognize! Whats the deal? No one can get the kinds ofscores these people have!

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

So glad I spotted the link to this forum! I noticed this too and couldn’t figure out what was going on. Where there was a whole bunch of people competing there’s now just three of us in the Gold League. I’ve been wondering what was going on???

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

My thoughts exactly. I’m in the Gold League and it’s now down to myself and two others. I don’t understand in the first place how cheating is even possible, but that said, can’t figure out how some of those scores have been so high in recent weeks. Also can’t figure out why out of 30 some odd people most of us were scoring really close to the same points so don’t understand how all of them are cheating. But where did they go? They seemed to vanish overnight.

prf1001
    @prf1001

Me too, but in reverse. Initially I was second in Gold league with 4 or 5 more players with near scores, and suddenly all of us have been surpassed by several other players wutih huje scores. Actually, the first place is occupied with a player called Khaled with an umbelievable score of 1.841.440. having the nearest player 1.679.610 points. Something is wrong in these tournaments, and Rovio is apparently tolerating this cheaters.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Ok, I really am confused. Are those scores you listed from this week in the Gold league? If so, I’m wondering if we’re all looking at different information each week. Aside from my confusion as to where 30 or 40 people competing disappeared to, I’m now wondering if somehow the tournament has been divided up and we’re all seeing different screens. Right now, I’m in 1st place (Alice) in the Gold League with a score of 1,543,930. There are ONLY two other players. In second place is a “Birdie” with a score of 1,532,000, and a player named, “Carlos” with a score of 1,496,270. That’s it… no more people playing. I’m in first, yet, no where near the scores that you mentioned above? Does anyone understand what’s going on with this tournament?

prf1001
    @prf1001

My score is at the moment more or les similar to yours (1.504.570) and I am in the 29th place. Do you imagine the score of Khaled, that is in first place? 1.841.870 points, wich for me is an impossibility!

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

<Does anyone understand what’s going on with this tournament?>

The short answer…….No!

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

prf1001, If you’re in 29th place in the Gold league, why am I, in the Gold league, only seeing myself and two others? Why aren’t we all seeing the same thing???? Something really weird is going on with this tournament.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Well, the weirdness continues. I was playing tonight, just trying to improve some of my scores, started out competing against just the two others in the Gold league. All of a sudden, the missing players show back up and I’ve gone from 1st place to 37th place.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I’m losing interest fast!

Those Girls & Boys at Rovio need to do maintenance work sorting out all the problems. Till then I’ll play without PU’s and gradually delete one Angry Bird Game at a time. Not throwing good coins after bad or feeling as if we are being mugged. There are countless places on the internet to get hacks – why can’t they find them & close them down. I found them advertising quite brazenly without much effort on You Tube.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“Not throwing good coins after bad or feeling as if we are being mugged.”

Being mugged… I hadn’t thought of it in those terms, but yes, that is what it feels like. Something is really off about this whole thing. Especially, the appearing and disappearing players along with their unrealistic high scores.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

” I found them advertising quite brazenly without much effort on You Tube.”

Advertising???? I just did a search for Angry Birds Friends on YT and all I could find was just different levels shown. Is there a link you could post… I’m curious.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Its not possible to post the links on here.

Google angry birds friends hack tool. Just play about aith the words and be surprised.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Ok, I’m in shock!!!!!! Up until most recently, (last couple of weeks) I figured that those high scoring people probably were just better players than I. I didn’t have any comprehension on how someone could cheat on this game. I did as you said and found a link to a YT video that BRAGGED about their cheating hacks and how they can not be spotted by administration!!!! What possible sense of joy or accomplishment can be in this type of cheating? I get jazzed when I’m able to figure out a method of winning and clearing the board, or, read about a different method that someone else has tried. Seriously, these people aren’t making any money on it so why even bother if you have to cheat to win? None of this makes any sense to me. What’s more, is every week I’ve looked forward to stretching myself to the limit and getting the best score. Why bother when this is what I’m playing against?

Just thought of something… administration may not be in any hurry to get rid of the cheaters because they cause the rest of us to spend money on power ups trying to beat those scores.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

“Just thought of something… administration may not be in any hurry to get rid of the cheaters because they cause the rest of us to spend money on power ups trying to beat those scores.”

I wrote something similar……….in this very corrupt world its sometimes hard to
    understand why a company ignored its hacks unless there is some indirect payback for themselves. I did consider it might not be worth Rovio’s time if all the hacks do is encourage some of us to keep filling their coffers.

My partner and myself have decided not to buy more coins – we all need to starve Rovio of funds. That’s my contribution. I refuse to download and play with hack software. Like you – I saw ABF’s as a weekly challenge for myself. Its become a nightmare I can do without.

Rovio are banking on the majority of us being hooked on gaming. I think they may be wrong – I’d like to think they are.

I’m as mad as you are at the discovery – you can’t tell me we are the only two to find the sites!?

I’m not up playing ABF’s at this time – I’m studying!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.