I lost my score :-(

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum I lost my score :-(

• Hi,

I post this message with the hope that someone can help me.

Just 3 hours ago, I bought the golden sling, and I had a score 1,063,00+ in the bronze league. I play on iPad.
    Then I pressed the button “connect to Facebook”.
    Now when I am connected, my score is zero, my sling is gone, my coins are gone, but I am still in the bronze league.
    When I am not connected, then my score is zero, I am in the glass league, I have 440 coins, but my sling is back.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would prefer an explanation “for dummies” ;-)

Thanks a lot.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Replies
  • sal9
    @sal9

@birdbob Have you tried replaying the levels?
    I’ve had this “display” bug in the past. When I replayed the levels, my previous scores were back.

Bob
    @birdbob

Hi,
    I just tried, but no, my previous score do not show up :-(
    I sent an email to [email protected]. I’ll see. It is the first time I made an in-app purchase. And obviously the last time. I’ve just realised how “fragile” these purchases are.
    Thanks for the suggestion anyway.
    Bob

mm
    @martin-mix-9

@birdbob, I had a similar experience but I retained my gold sling. I had only been playing on mobile and never had logged into FB for ABF. I was coincidentally also in copper when I decided to log into FB on my phone’s ABF and when I did I was back in glass league with no points (but with my sling). When I logged off FB from inside ABF, I showed back up in copper, but with zero points. I don’t know why this happened but I think if you link your mobile account to FB after playing for a while on mobile it resets your mobile account or at least the scores. Since I didn’t lose my sling, I just started playing in glass and working my way back up. Good luck with Rovio. I’ve heard they’re good about making things right with ABF screw ups.

Bob
    @birdbob

Thanks for the warm message!
    I admire your determination to work your way back up to your previous level. But this is not for me. Rovio just advised me to get a refund from Apple, so this is what I will do. I’ll keep playing Rio though. I quite like it :-)

mm
    @martin-mix-9

You’re welcome and I’m sorry this soured you on ABF, but I understand that frustration of starting over. The only reason I was good with it myself was that I didn’t know what I was doing with power ups and all the first couple of weeks I played. I figured that with a better understanding and some experience, I should be able to make top three in the first two or three leagues this time around and indeed, mostly because I had the golden sling I think, I did get 1st in the glass league and I’m currently first in wood by a good amount. I discovered the leaderboards after posting the topic about keeping scores here and feel kind of stupid for not knowing that and creating a thread because I didn’t know, but I’m in the top 50 of scorers this week there and that’ll probably be enough to keep me in 1st this week. Still, I had to start over and I can appreciate not wanting to go through that, especially when you had a screw up with buying something on top of everything.
    Enjoy Rio and anything else you jump into. If you ever get back into ABF and need a FB friend to compete with, let me know and I’ll send you a FB friend request from my ABF FB account.
    All the best!
    –mm

Bob
    @birdbob

Thanks for the kind message! If i play again, no doubt I’ll contact you. :-)

stosh
    @stosh

I joined ABF when it first came out on PC. ABF has been available on android for a while and I occasionally play without logging on. I do not want Facebook on my phone. Now that ABF will no longer be supported on PC, will I lose all of my coins and power-ups changing platforms even if I allow Facebook on my phone?

Bob
    @birdbob

I have no idea. The only thing I can say is that Rovio does not seem to be interested in solving problems. The 2 mails I received was “sorry to hear you had a problem. Try to disconnect from Facebook” and “contact Apple yourself for a refund” (what I did, but so far, nothing).

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum I lost my score :-(

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.