Did you know feather bonus is based on luck?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Did you know feather bonus is based on luck?

• Yeah, yesterday I leveled up Stella and was looking forward to the feather bonus… nope, nothing appeared.
    I contacted Rovio because I thought this was a bug/glitch or whatever. They answered me this:

Please be kindly informed that the Feather Bonus is not guaranteed to appear every time and whether it does is luck based.
    When you level up a bird, if you are lucky, you’ll receive the Feather Bonus, which will give you the chance to earn extra feathers for that bird. The first pick is free and if you want to get even more feathers, you can pay extra gems to pick more cards.

I have to ask this: did you know that? Did I miss that information somewhere?
    I was kinda annoyed by the fact, that I didn’t get the feather bonus. I paid some gems to pick more cards from one chest because there were 15.000 Stella feathers in there, thinking once I level up and get lucky I might even level up twice in a row. Nope…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Replies
  • RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I did not know that and I thought it was yet another bug in the game! Rovios “experiments”, lack of informing players, countless unfixed bugs and straight up cheating are pretty much middle finger to players. The “buy new card” option with chest is yet another way to lure suckers players to cough up their jewels. I wonder how it would affect to amount of new players, if the game description was accurate in Google Play?

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I give my gems away like… well… anyway, in the past I used some exploits to stash up some gems, but as soon as this stash is empty, I am done with this game.

I think you only realize how the game cheats you, when you’ve played a while. I fear, starting players pay for gems much too early and then get invested.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I’ve now been playing exactly 180 day for my main account and it took me that long to reach FP 500, not counting event hats. I used to get Gem Letter and occasionally made few small purchases. Now I’m afraid of checking the receits and adding up the sum, because I would be so pissed to see the amount I’ve wasted for this game equal to Three Card Monte. :(

I agree it takes time to realise how much the game tries to lure players paying. The investment then makes it harder to stop. “I’ll stop when I have no more gems… or BP… or…”. Basically, it feels bad to “waste” resources by stopping and dumping the game.

SB311
    @sb311

Wow. I wondered why I didn’t get the feather bonus the last time I leveled up one of my birds when I had received it the two times prior. Seems like a slap in the face since they took away the free daily feathers. I thought we were going to get the feather bonus everytime we leveled up instead of the daily feathers. Thanks for letting us know.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I haven’t had issues with not getting bonuses when levelling up: but come to think of it, I’m not sure if the bonus has triggered when I’ve levelled up as a result of collecting rewards from ToF or clan events, when these rewards are issued one after the other.

To hear there is some “luck” involved doesn’t sit right with me. Why I should I get a bonus while others do not, or vice versa?

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@stevey, while it doesn’t sound right, it’s not the first time Rovio treats players unequally. They call it “experimenting”. It’s like at Olympic Games in 10.000m run some runners are given shorter tracks than others, while part of the runners have their track filled with different kind of obstacle. That is explained to runners with Rovio’escue style “We are experimenting”. I call it BS.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

I see you what you mean @rawdatasystems

Same principle applies then for the video option in ToF: which I had never had, besides a short spell earlier in the year, for maybe a few days before the option was removed again, while other players knew no different and always had (or had it more regularly).

Then of course, there is the notion that some players had access to the Fantasy hats, which are of course only available now in the ToF for the Fellowship / Fantastic Adventure event. So, those players who managed to get a full set are able to complete the Adventure without issue, while the rest of the playerbase has to find hats in the Tower (and I foolishly spent a whole loads of gems, missing out on 2 hats on my way to floor 40).

Back on topic: I will look forward to seeing whether the option for bonus feathers is presented to me, as I have Silver and Bomb due for levelling up this week.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I’m not really sure, we are facing another on of these Rovio experiments here. I think they actually meant it to be based on luck – something like every 4-5 times, it does not appear, or 4 out of 5 levels ups it does appear. Nevertheless I felt cheated, because I thought the feather bonus is garantueed. But, I should know better by now, so I’m the one to blame, right?

However I learned something: I will not force the level up again as I did a few days ago. Especially not on Stella, because the number of feathers you get kinda sucks.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

Okay, now I think the feathers bonus has a bad chance of appearing for Stella only – at least on my device. Second time I leveled up Stella, again no feathers bonus. I leveled up the Blues in the meantime, I got the feather bonus… I don’t think it was coincidental, that I didn’t get the bonus for Stella.

God, I hate Rovio…

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@stevey, these Rovio “experiments” are quite annoying. First my main account, which I play with my tablet, did not have video option. After having the tablet in service for a short while, the video option appeared. That did not last long, as the video option disappeared later. My pure FTP-account in my phone has video option, always had. Day by day it becomes clearer how big advantage the video option is! And yet, Rovio keeps putting players to different advantages…

Also, I’m not so sure any more that new hats are first acquired by the whales. It may very well be that there’s yet another “experiment” going and it makes it easy to get full hat set immediately. The thing is, Rovio is not forthcoming about these “experiments” even while they rightfully make players feel cheated.

Exchanging the guaranteed Daily Feathers to level-up reward which you may not even get was terribly bad choice!

Oh… and ToF has gone from bad to awful. Pigs have become way too common for the paltry rewards there are. Main account has two hats (paid for two pigs!) and FTP account has three (paid for 3 pigs + video!)… and I’m not going to use single frigging gem for ToF, until there’s at least a chance to get something out of it!

This is me currently:

(Smaller version chosed to save bandwidth)

garethw
    @garethw

Rovio screw me compared to others so no more money to them, over two months since I last paid.

Won a couple of legendary leagues with <300 so that was decent for 2000 gems.

The latest gem grab is the 80 for an extra go on the chest, I’ve only done it when there’s something worth going for but am 0/7.

EDIT ha ha was wrong about it being the latest gem grab :-)

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

@garethw, latest? I think the latest one is the paid “shuffle cards” option! Meaning, if your birds/spells offered are not suitable, you can pay 20 (and more, when repeated?) gems to shuffle your card deck. Unfortunately, it seems to work just as poorly as paid “change opponent” in Arena.

So, Rovio hears the players are not happy being unable to choose the order of card, so they make paid option with less functionality thinking they’re making a bank with it.

Rovio is consistent on one thing: They come up with new ways to disappoint their playerbase.

Another thing: Started the game in main and FTP accounts at the same time. Both were closed at same time yesterday, too. 8-hour countdown for DC starts in FTP account, but in main account it’s already gone! No DC in main account means no feathers for completing Daily Quests.

I’m getting sick of these so called “experiments” by Rovio!

SB311
    @sb311

I have usually received the feather bonus when I level up my birds, but after winning white feathers in the KPP today, I did not receive a feather bonus.

It’s annoying because she seems to be one of the birds I find the least amount of feathers for along with blues.

I wonder if it’s because it happened on her day of the week? They figure I’ll find lots of white feathers today so no big deal. I dont know, but without even a 2000 feather bonus, I am way behind leveling her up again compared to my other birds. It’s a real bummer. :(

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

The randomness of those feather awards is one of the worst properties of them. It’s specially annoying when you expect it… and then “WUT? Where’s my feather pile?” strikes.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

So, you guys don’t get feathers rewards for birds other than Stella? Because I get the FB for every single level up, except for Stella, exclusively. I started to think it’s a Stella thing…

Kochschwein
    @jaspertm-l

Yes, I agree @jo-ha, no feather bonus for Stella! I leveld up Stella yesterday during feather frenzy. No bonus. Might have to do with that feather event?!

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

@jaspertm-l: I don’t think the feather frenzy has anything to do with it. I leveled Stella up, at least 5-6 times now since she got released. I think I remember getting a feather bonus for the first level up, but not for the following 4-5 times. If only I remembered which birds I leveled up and when… maybe Rovio gave us the first feather bonus for each bird, and then it get randomized. With every level up, the chance to have a feather bonus decreases. That might only be another conspiracy theory, but otherwise I cannot explain, how it’s supposed to be random but exclusively hits Stella on my account.

Piggsy
    @piggsy

The rainbow feathers from feeding a minion, I always spend for Stella and every time I leveled her up, I was given a bonus pile of cards with fetaher for her to choose. Up to now I only managed to level up one other bird (cause all of them besides Stella need 50k feathers to progress) and got bonus feather too. I need about 500F for Bomb, so soon I will see if I get the next bonus.

SB311
    @sb311

Leveled stella up today and now she needs 50k feathers. I did get a feather bonus which was a surprise because I didnt get one for Red the other day. I guess it is all just based on luck.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

I got feather bonus for 1 of 4 birds leveled up and even that bonus was low one. It burns to see that happening while Feather Frenzy is active.

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

I see. So my experience with Stella might really be just bad luck? Wow, how annoying to base this bonus on luck – and here I thought, everything that gives Rovio gems, and feather bonus is one thing I gladly spend my gems on, would appear more frequent.

SB311
    @sb311

It is completely unfair that all players don’t automatically get the feather bonus for leveling up each bird since they took away the daily feathers we used to get.

It takes a lot to get 50K feathers especially with how rare it is to pick large feather cards especially when double feather frenzy is going on and like I said before, when you don’t get the feather bonus, you are already way behind in making a dent in the next 50K.

RawDataSystems
    @rawdatasystems

Within this Feather Frenzy each of two accounts have had two birds leveled up.

Only one bird out of four got Feather Bonus and I’m very disappointed.

Vogel Birdson
    @stevey

To date, I have always had a feather bonus when levelling up, with the recent exception of levelling up Hal, so perhaps for me it’s not triggering for the extra birds. I can’t remember what happened last time with Stella but I will see what happens.

Photokool
    @photokool

I have at least six birds that did not get bonus cards when leveling up. It is more likely to not get a bonus card (for me) if the level occurs during clan event rewards. It happened a lot during that last feather frenzy when I didn’t get the bonus. I have submitted two support tickets, and they were both just deleted without any response at all. So now I’d say it is more likely I will not get a bonus card than it will be that I will get one.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Did you know feather bonus is based on luck?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.