best use for Lucky Coins?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum best use for Lucky Coins?

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@nytmair You are going to get all of them in the end, unless you get bored with the game – but it is going to take a long time.

I don’t know that you can really judge the class without trying it out. I didn’t like the look of Bard when I first saw her class, but I got her anyway. I certainly know how to use her now, and have used her a lot in the caves.

I am not sure how I would use Skulkers in battles. I don’t use facebook, so I can’t try the Skulkers class. I believe you are on facebook, so I suggest you do so – you need to see how the other birds work with Skulkers. In fact it might be useful if others suggest some classes they use with Skulkers.

Some have suggested Skulkers is good in battles with ninja’s. But there other ways to defeat ninja’s. There is one relatively early chronicle cave (4 or 5 I think) that features ninja’s and they come back in Cave 11. If you are early in the Chronicle caves then consider trying Skulkers out there before you buy.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

I appreciate all the input everyone! It seems like it’s pretty evenly split between people who like Bard and people who like Skulkers.

So in the end I did the most scientific of methods- I asked a friend to randomly decide for me, and I ended up getting Skulkers. I am now saving for Bard though :)

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Wow, speak of the devil– I now have Bard as well thanks to this post by @angryjohnny in another thread.

100 free lucky coins for android!

Bumping this to notify people on how they can redeem the code ANGRY-BIRDS in Angry Birds Epic. The whole story can be read on the frontpage: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/angry-birds-5th-anniversary-update-coming-december-11th/

The reward for doing this is 100 Lucky Coins.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Too bad that code doesn’t work for iOS users. I just tried to use it and it said I entered the wrong code.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Sweet! It worked!

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Sorry @killerkea- the link does state it is currently Android only (no idea why they would do it for only one platform though).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

No big deal. I’m happy for everyone else who gets to use the promo code. I’m just wondering why Rovio keeps having a bias towards Android. I don’t understand their strong bias towards Facebook either. They are free to run things however they like, but risk alienating some customers.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea If you can find someone with an android device, you can sign in to your account on that device (of course they will need EPIC on that device) and enter the promo code. I just happen to have a cheap android tablet that I got when I purchased a laptop. It definitely works. I’m back on my ipad with the bonus 100 LC.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — Did you post that in Dr-Omega’s news post?
    Not sure I know anyone in real life who has and Android. Having an Adroid and playing Epic? I can’t imagine being that lucky. I only know of one real-life person who even installed Epic, and that was IOS, not to mention that they live ~2000 miles from here.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 sjmike mentioned doing this on the “code or password” thread.

I know a few people who have Android systems. And it doesn’t take much to install EPIC – even if you uninstall the app immediately afterwards. If I didn’t have my cheap tablet, I would approach my brother to do this on one of his android devices. I think it is worthwhile going to a little bit of effort to get 100 LCs.

Someone even suggested you could use an android emulator installed on a PC. I guess not so helpful in you use a Mac.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon @mvnla2 Check in the Mastery thread, page 4 or 5 I think – @toothgnasher made a couple posts about Android emulators, including one for Mac. I had a pretty easy time installing Andy, but I also know my way around a BiOS so making those configuration changes didn’t faze me at all.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Nice, worked for me too!
    Free 100 LC is very nice. I wonder how I’m gonna spend it, probably 1000 mastery for all..

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Getting back on topic from this slight detour…

@henjovr
    That’s probably one of the worst uses for LCs (spending 15 on 500 mastery for 1 bird is worse) because you can easily acquire mastery points through other methods (spending snoutlings and farming). Even if you have all classes unlocked and current-level legendary set items for all birds, it’s still better to save up your LCs until the next time Rovio increases the level cap, so you can spend them on the GPM to upgrade your set items to the new cap.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

what about the golden chili?

I know many of you already had it, but I never have. It seems like people use it a lot for the mastery events.

Currently I don’t have:
    thunderbird – I don’t have the gates unlocked either, no facebook
    marksmen – same as above
    skulkers

On my initial playthrough I thought the golden chili seemed like cheating. I was drawn to sea dog more than skulkers (skulkers lacked any appeal at all), and then I’ve been mostly just spending the LCs every week on golden pig rolls.

So I kind of decided to get the chili, but now I’m on the fence about maybe one of the classes instead.

So my question is: do any of these upgrades actually make a significant difference in play?

I find that most of the time I don’t use a bunch of the classes. I don’t want to add another sit on the shelf class. The golden chili seems like it could be a pretty big deal – at least it can potentially affect every battle.

Honestly, I rarely use sea dog or priestess so on my second device I haven’t bothered with either. That device has 330 LCs (could be 430 if I created an account and logged into an android device).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

The Golden Chili is a useful bonus to have. I use it every battle, and it helps with 3-starring many levels.

I use Paladin for general play, and Marksman for the Golden Pig.

I don’t use Avenger or Priestess at all (both were a waste of LCs).

I don’t need the golden anvil or cauldron, as I’m at max level with adequate set equipment.

I am getting Sea Dog, though. After that, I’ll be spinning for lv.41 gear.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

In my opinion the golden chili and paladin are the best things to spend your LC on. You can make it through the game without the other classes, but I’m surprised you don’t use your Sea Dog. He does more damage than any other bird and when you use his Gang Up skill he does even more damage. The bad thing about the Sea Dog is that he isn’t well rounded so since you are forced to use a pig ally in the caves you won’t use the Sea Dog very often except on the levels where there are only enemies with charge attacks. Opening up the Friendship gate to get the Marksmen is well worth it. Don’t bother with the Thunder Bird because he costs 275 LC after you open the gate. The Marksmen only cost snoutlings after you open the gate.

The Priestess doesn’t cost any LC and the Avenger doesn’t either. Currently the Avenger is free after you collect enough stars. Some people really like the Priestess, but I don’t think anyone likes the Avenger.

I agree that upgrading the cauldron or anvil is a complete waste of LC.

Anonymous

@killerkea Actually I’m very happy that I upgraded to golden anvil and cauldron. I craft potions and weapons a lot so I find them very useful.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@partshade I agree with you on the golden cauldron.

I didn’t use any potions at all before I got to WizPigs castle. I think others have said something similar – but at the time it seemed like cheating to me. But I needed potions to get through the castle. I also tried to do the early caves without potions, but eventually I started using and making healing potions.

When I was working my way through the early caves I found buying potions was too expensive and I found making potions a slow process. So I got the golden cauldron, and this made the process of making potions reasonably efficient. And I still prefer to do this rather than just farming snoutlings at SRC and buying everything. I only farm snoutlings in SRC to pay for mastery at the dojo.

I think the golden anvil would have been useful very early on. But now I don’t craft anything. I am in cave 12 and have not found any blueprint so far in the caves that is useful to me. Cave 13 may be different, since this has higher level items. But I have so many resource materials that I would just craft the item again. I think that once you are passed the early stages a golden anvil is not that useful.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I don’t craft potions or weapons because it is relatively easy to earn snoutlings and buy all the potions and cakes you need. It used to be a lot easier to earn snoutlings, but us talking about ways to earn 3000 snoutlings/hour probably caused Rovio to reduce our earn rates by lowering the snoutlings in a lot of places. Pig items and set items are almost always better than any item you make. When crafting items it is better to use essence until you get that 3 star item because the golden anvil doesn’t produce that many more 3 star items. I don’t enjoy gathering materials, but some people do so go ahead and craft away if you like doing that.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I just bought Sea Dog, and he’s a beast. Combos great with Spies for the dedicated heals.
    ____

ETA – I’ve been playing at Mastery 2 in SRC, and it turns out that I can consistently just kill lv.41 WizPig before he even gets his first attack off, so no more worries about dispelling, reducing or healing the damage.

When he hits Mastery 7 like my other Birds, he’ll be doing roughly 50% more damage than he already does. He’s such a beast, it’s crazy.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum best use for Lucky Coins?

Viewing 20 replies - 26 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.