Arena Season 12

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 12

• Well what can I say, Rovio have truly excelled themselves today at their masterful programming ability. I was 1st in the Wood League with a 2,000 gap to 2nd with an hour to play, finished my latest battle to see I’m in 18th, with a complete new list of players in an entirely different league. I play again, now I’m 15th, another new set of players…I think you all know where this is going. I took screenshots of the differing ‘leagues’ I joined in the last hour to send to Rovio. Bottom line is I’ve not been promoted to Stone and have wasted time and effort because of their complete incompetence. I’m aware many other players have been affected. What a joke…

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • Replies
  • ;)
    @winkwink

Haha, I just posted about that very thing! Rovio keeps getting ever more dysfunctional!

Pointless
    @pointless

I’m sure there’s many of us with similar stories. I am absolutely seething…First on my Board by over 3K, and then suddenly on a completely different one in 19th place. If this is not fully rectified (and by that I mean a double promotion to Silver, as Rovio tends to “fix” these mistakes at the end of an Arena week), I am well and truly done. All the signs point this way, but I will give them a chance to rectify this colossal screw up (I mean, seriously, how long has Arena been running? There is no excuse for this…)

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

Same here!!!

I started playing the Arena on Sunday China time. After completing the daily objectives, winning an additional 10 rounds plus using Friendship Essences to ensure I rolled at least 50 medals each time (I used up at least 20 FEs for this), I was leading my Arena board at No. 1.

Due to my time zone the Arena will end at 4am China time, so I specifically woke up at 2.45am China time to check my score to ensure I am still the leader at the end. I was still No. 1 with about 7100 medals (the No.2 player was about 6900 medals), so I played one more game to bring my total of 7215 medals.

But to my horror, when I check my ranking after this battle, I was suddenly placed 7th! As I couldn’t believe my eyes, I exited the game and reloaded. Then I found out that I was placed 9th (I took the first snapshot), and 1 minute later, I was placed 14th (took the second and subsequent snapshots). I ended up 14th.

This game is entirely screwed

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Copy of my support ticket…

I was 1st in the Wood League with a 2,000 gap to 2nd with an hour to play until the end of the week, I completed another battle to see I’m in 18th, with a complete new list of players in an entirely different league!!! I play again, now I’m 15th, another new set of players…I think you know where this is going as i’m sure you’ve had numerous complaints by now. I’m guessing this is something to do with the end of the Mastery event that finishes an hour earlier than the Arena week and something got corrupted??

I really do expect you to place me in the Stone League as that is exactly where I was going to be playing before your servers decided to go nuts on everyone.

If you dare to tell me there is nothing you can do to ‘roll things back’ then I expect to be heavily compensated as appropriate. It’s money, time and effort, all wasted.

Please do not insult me by sending me 60 gold coins like you did in Season 11 when I got cheated out of 3rd position, due to a cheater landing on my board AFTER the event ended and pushing me to 4th.

The Arena needs sorting out in a big way, it needs some downtime for you to fix it properly and Season 12 should now be extended because of what happened yesterday. Would be nice for you to acknowledge publicly that there was an issue on Facebook perhaps and come out and tell us what you’re going to do about it?!?

I have attached a number of screenshots from the last 10 minutes of the Arena week. You will notice the time left in the top left corner, how my position changes, how the League i’m in is populated with different players after every battle.

I await your reply.

Anonymous

Did anyone ever get any compensation/corrections from all this?

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

I’ve received the 50 LC’s, whatever that was for, whether that issue is all part of the same problem that we all experienced last Sunday, I have no idea. My ticket is still open and I’ve had no direct response from it. Shocking. Clearly Rovio have been quite busy fixing their own mess over the last 7 days!

Pointless
    @pointless

And they will be again…same issues happening once more. Switching Boards after every battle. I guess we all have 50 LCs to look forward to again, but most of us will be stuck in Wood.
    Get your act together, Rovio, this is an embarrassment!

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Yep, just been moved again!!

Riding high in 1st and then 14th all of a sudden. The Arena is a complete joke 🤦🏻‍♂️

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

So I kept on playing right up to the last 10 minutes changing position each time and with different players in the league until I found myself back in 1st.

I waited for the timer to run down, clicked on claim prize to find that I’ve actually finished 6th, again with a brand new set of players!!

3 stars?!? 900 snouts for my trouble and another week in Wood.

I should be in Silver!!

The Arena is totally screwed!

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

After the last update, the scores you see for other players in the arena leaderboards were messed up beyond saving. But don’t worry, we identified the problem and everything is going back to normal for the next week.
    Red and the team are going to send all affected players 50 Lucky Coins and we will have a mighty Rainbow Riot tomorrow to apologize to our epic fans!

The above was posted on Friday on the ABE Facebook page. Does this mean they’ve fixed the issue and are saying it’s fixed from the start of Week 3?

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

After the last update, the scores you see for other players in the arena leaderboards were messed up beyond saving. But don’t worry, we identified the problem and everything is going back to normal for the next week.
    Red and the team are going to send all affected players 50 Lucky Coins and we will have a mighty Rainbow Riot tomorrow to apologize to our epic fans!

The above was posted on the ABE Facebook page on Friday.

Does this mean, they’ve fixed the issue, couldn’t save the week and all will be okay again from the start of Week 3? (i.e. now?)

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

I placed first in the Woody Arena League.
    I casually started playing in Wednesday, falling in the most unique group of players ever faced: anyone with less than 1000 points. I played 3 winning games and soon labelled as cheater. Rovio support helped me quickly, wiping away the label. I played without the usual grinding stress and got first, easily. I doubt It Will ever occur again. :-)

Maxx

Pointless
    @pointless

@maxxmatt you weren’t switched to a different Board upon completion of the week? Consider yourself very lucky then. Two weeks in a row I’ve been first and then suddenly bumped down to miss promotion.

StogeBuyer
    @stogebuyer

Same thing happened to me. Got my 50 LCs and figured Arena was fixed. First place in wood league by a few hundred and then with like 30 mins left BAM! Moved to a completely different group and in 9th place. Garbage.

Yocki
    @jacek-jedrzejowski

At least you got some LCs. This was 3rd time my ladder was messed and third time didn’t promote. No LC either ;(

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

I don’t think they’ve fixed this problem. It seems to happen if you play a match close to the end of the week. Does anyone know when that cutoff time is? (I got bounced around at the end of the week, too.)

If I had to guess, I would say they were trying to stop people sniping spots at the last minute. But it is a stupid way to go about that. Sniping is a part of the strategy. If they want to stop it, then make the leagues end on random times that aren’t known beforehand. That way you have to play hard all the time to stay in front.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

It happened to me like many of you this week.
    I have been first until the last game hour …then, I logged in to play quick matches and finished 7th, then I re-logged in ending the tourney 15th.

Let see what Rovio will tell me answering my email.
    Very sad, from first to …almost last… :-(

Pointless
    @pointless

Old dog learned new tricks…didn’t play at all on Day 7, had a lead of over 2K and figured that’d be enough for top three at least. No movement, no bouncing Boards. First and finally promoted out of Wood.

Leung Wai Hoong
    @leung-wai-hoong

@pointless

I took a similar strategy but I actually only started playing Arena on Day 7, and stopped playing about 4 hours before the end of the timer. Managed to get No. 1 spot last week and this week, so this seems to work at least for me (unless I was extremely lucky)

My hypothesis is that the reshuffling only occurs at the last hour of the event.  I played through the Sports Event (which ended an hour ahead) plus rolled the rewards etc. afterward but I consciously refrained from entering the Arena screen the entire time. So, at least from my data point, you can still work on other parts of the game even if there is less than an hour from the Arena ends, just don’t go to the Arena screen!

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

@leung-wai-hoong

@pointless

I’m almost sure that the “shuffling triggering effect” happens in the last hour of play. This week, I logged in many times before that limit without any change. The week before that very last one I stopped playing a couple of hours before the end of the tourney because I was ahead the competition. You two had quite similar experiences and all’ these evidences bring us to the simple conclusion It triggering at the end of the event.

Maxx

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

After having it happen to me for the first two weeks, I too stopped playing before the final hour and remained in first and finally got promoted out of Wood.

I really can’t imagine that this is intended.

We should all be free to join the Arena at any point during the week when we choose, start early and grind, or late and take your chance…just don’t play a battle in the final hour.

If anyone gets an official response from Rovio over this issue, please post.

Maxx_Matt
    @maxxmatt

the issue have not been answered to me from Rovio, yet. I wrote them before the end of last week Arena.

the major problem is the position into which you Will bè randomly placed. In my case, I l’osso first place prizes AND brought back to Woody Arena , too… :-(

Pointless
    @pointless

What we have to expect, then, is that this shuffling is now part of Arena, perhaps for reasons @jamairoqui suggests (not that it’s in anyway fair).
    What we need to know is exactly when is “cutoff” for this to trigger? Suggestions of an hour? Is that fully accurate, or an approximation?

Jamairoqui
    @jamairoqui

Rovio responded to my support ticket and told me it’s an issue with the last hour of play. They also claimed it is a bug, not a new feature. However, it seems like such an obvious and critical bug that they would have fixed it the first time it happened. If I were cynical I would say that what they were trying to do was solve the problem of cheaters sniping in the last few minutes of the league but instead made it so that anyone playing in the last hour would get hit with the shuffle. (Sort of like these apocalyptic  novel plot lines where people are trying to invent a virus to cure cancer and instead it turns everyone into a zombie.) Given that Chimera/Rovio code like a bird can play foosball, we’re probably lucky that playing in the final hour doesn’t reset your entire game progress with no hope of recovery (but they would give you 15 LCs to compensate for the aggravation).

I would not have played in the final hour either, but there was a cheater in my league (at least, I suspect he was cheating since his score ended in “4” not 0 or 5) who kept advancing past me by 25 points for 3rd place. Always exactly 25 points, not matter how far ahead I got. It pissed me off, and I stupidly believed Rovio when they said they had fixed the problem from the week before. So I figured I would play one battle with a minute to go, hoping to get at least 30 points to take back 3rd.

I got 55 points, but ended up in a league where people had been playing all week (I started on Thursday night) and barely stayed in stone instead of having a chance to advance.

(Rovio also said they would “look into” DJ, who got the score ending in 4, for possible cheating. I said to myself, “Yeah, getting a score that is impossible as far as everyone understands the game play goes isn’t really prima facie evidence of cheating. Could be the work of elves.”)

Grecian-Boy
    @grecian-boy

Sorry to hear of your issues @jamairoqui, that is seriously annoying!

I too had a response from Rovio earlier today thanking me for my feedback and screenshots as evidence. I got 100 LC’s for my effort. A slight insult considering I’ve spent three weeks in Wood (two for nothing). Now that 2.1.5 has been released (Rovio did not mention to me an update was coming as according to them they had already fixed it as we were led to believe) will anyone dare try to play a battle on the final hour this week??

Here’s hoping I’m far enough ahead of the pack to not have to…

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Arena Season 12

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.