The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2564
  • 159689 Comments
  • Night Pa ♡
  • @Knichy -- AB2 was better before the most recent update. Playing through the levels can be interesting. Can't figure out WTH they thought they were doing with the arena though. Used to make a lot more sense.
    If you decide to continue, it really helps to have FB friends who play, so they will send you gifts. Drop me a PM if you want to be friends.
  • @Ma @Hunnybunny Finally! An fun advent level you can complete without too much luck. My score was obtained staying within my 15 minute allotment. Five minutes to read, understand, and select a walkthrough strategy; 5 minutes to find the aiming points; and 5 minutes to get a decent score. This is only the third level to stay within my time allotment. Most levels having taken numerous smoke breaks to get a reasonable score. I reluctantly agreed to help and am not trying to win. Just stay in the top ten to help Team BP. Speaking of...Where are the other team members?

Go Team BP???
  • I'm trying @Pa I'm trying :( lol
    Congrats on staying in the topb10, 6th aint to shabby:)
    Off to get my nails done with my daughter bbiaw
  • Oh, I'm not in 6th Ma. Some flingers haven't entered their scores yet. When they do I'll be lucky to be 9th or 10th.
    I'll probably break a nail installing the new microwave today. So SWDNF and I are getting Mani-Pedi's the first part of next week.
  • @gumby @all we have uber over the pond too. Taken to high court and found to be legal. Like every other profession, there's good ones and bad ones. But a good taxi is ace.
    I own a petrol guzzling sporty car. I do about a thousand miles a year in it. I walk about twenty miles a week, which equates. And when needed @gumby a taxi is brill

BTW I walked forty minutes to school, forty minutes back. Not barefoot in snow lol @kathy

@rat I loved today's, and yesterday's, when that huge block of ice suddenly fell off. The first time that happened, I just went "yippie"

But some strange levels, some sus scores, here I go again, but loving @greybrow53 and his/her strategies. Lovely to see someone sharing in such detail.
  • It's bed time this side of the pond. Sorry I'll miss you all chatting, again. Good night, good flinging
  • @knichy I am not playing AB2 so couldn't say. I am Gumby Dammit :P
  • @hunnybunny Hi and goodnight LOL
  • Can anybody explain what the items I have been getting that go inside a book are, are they power ups? After I get certain ones it shows an item in the book???
  • They're a nuisance @Gumby. Matilda is now wearing a cookie mask that obstructs her dimensions. I don't know how it happened. I didn't do it intentionally. It makes flinging harder and I don't know how to remove it or even if it can be removed.
    You're Gumby Dammit! Figure it out. Then let me know.
  • @rat does it give her any more power?
  • @rat @gumby -- I think you've discovered bird wear. Best to leave it alone; it's for kids who don't know any better. Rat -- Sorry you've got some on Matilda; I don't know how to get rid of it. Maybe ask an @admin?
  • @Mvnla2, @gumby ,@rat9 I don't get that stuff? When and where are you seeing this stuff
    Birdwear? You mean in your actual game Pa when Matilda is in the sling?and even when you fling her? Wonder why it doesn't happen to me, by the sound of it in glad it doesn't
  • @kathy yea I get random items sometimes in levels of Seasons and there is this book that everything goes into.
  • @kathy I looked on wiki and it is bird wear, it became available with the Invasion of eggsnatchers update. @rat it said wearing it is optional, so there must be a way to remove it.
  • Strange @gumby i haven't seen it at all, no book , no Birdwear, are you doing challenges ,i don't mean the daily challenge level, but the ones that you get coins? I don't do those.
  • @kathy I get coins for 3 starring levels mostly but sometimes I complete challenges somehow without knowing of them. I got 1 for 50 coins the other day, don't ask me how LOL
  • @kathy and when I am flinging I get a lot of random items for that book. I have a candy cane and other things. I am wondering if they affect the game play at all, like maybe the way a bird bounces, flies or rolls.
  • I guess i get coins @gumby cuz up in the right corner it says i have some ,and I've 3 starred all levels but I don't get a book with items
  • @kathy have you done that update?
  • What update @gumby? The eggsnatcher one? Yes i did and played the whole thing,
  • Hmmmm Why would the items affect the game @gumby, i guess i doubt l don't understand cuz i don't have them. Is there a place to find them somewhere, to see the book, like idk , when do you see what you got in the book?
  • I see ,sometimes i try to hit ,'restart' then i hit the binoculars by mistake, 3 boxes show and say ' play a certain level, or watch a video. I just hit my back button and ignore them and restart the level. Are you guys playing those? @gumby @rat9 there kinda like the ch as llenge levels in space
  • @kathy yes the eggsnatcher one. The birds can wear the Birdwear so their appearance and shape would be different. thats why Im wondering if it affect gameplay, ya know a pixel here or there. I usually don't do those challenge things from when I accidentally hit binoculars either. Sometimes I just play a level and then get a reward for finishing it. Weird huh.
  • @mvnla2 thanks and hello, sorry I've got 6 tabs that Im bouncing between and getting sleepy.
  • Very weird @gumby, even weirder it happens to you and rat and not me, you say you ' don't usually' play those levels that implies that you have and maybe that's why you have the book.
    I've never played them and have no book, so in summation that's the difference:)
  • @kathy I have played a few that said watch video for a level and it usually sends to On Finn Ice which I haven't ever played except for the ones it sent me to play.
  • @kathy maybe no book because you have no items, when you accidentally get 1 maybe you will have the book :)
  • Anyways the toothpicks holding my eyelids apart are breaking. That means its time to get some sleep LOL. goodnight to all
  • Night @gumby..wow 9:30 on a Saturday night? Sweet dreams
  • @rat click on the birdwear book top left then select Matilda. You'll see all the outfits you've collected including the one she's wearing. Click on that outfit & it should remove it.

@kathy yup the challenges are when you click the binoculars. Watch the video (boring...) then it tales you to a level to hit whatever it tells you to, this collects the birdwear. Although I don't really get the point of it. Sometimes though it's a challenge to complete a level or beat your score on a level which is at least a bit more interesting.
    I'm glad you like the avatar. 50th anniverary of Charlie Brown Christmas this year - always been one of my favourites & I still watch it every year :)

I'm a few levels behind again on the Advent challenge & stuck below average on the most recent ones. Sigh. Sorry team BP.
    OB 2 fingers of Scotch please? I'm going to try & fling a bit before I fall asleep on my ipad.
  • Thanks @karen68 for the explaining, that's why i don't have it i guess cuz i don't ever participate in those binocular challenge things ,i don't need coins to fling.
    Oh and Yes I'm happy to see your avatar this Christmas season as always, my favorite Christmas show:) there is a town somwhere,i forget where, but the school actually censored the school Christmas play of that show, and cut Linus when he learns the true meaning of Christmas and recites the gospel of Luke:/
    OB I'll have a pigkiller please
  • @kathy I know, I don't really know what the coins are for, I don't use them for anything. Maybe you can buy stuff like powerups with them? Who knows.
    I play the challenges for a bit of variety, plus I like collecting stuff, so why not coins lol :)
    Seriously, censoring Charlie Brown? Why do such a classic story at all if you're going to censor it.
  • My thoughts exactly @karen68 I really don't know How they could still have it as a play with it being censored. The PC going on here is out of control!
    I'm right now trying to improve on some earlier levels of S&S , so far improved level #4 working on level 9 now. Not really playing the daily challenge

• @Gumby I see no improved ability on Matilda because she's wearing the cookie outfit. Quite the opposite. You can't see her body dimensions and she's no longer white which makes it harder to see her out of the corner of your eye when activating.

Thanks for the info @Karen68. I'll take a look. I had played a few of the extras as a diversion. I've regretted it ever since.

Leave the book alone @Ma. Wish I had. he he
  • Ive never seen the book Pa happy i haven't but yep i think it's because you played those binocular levels, hope you can get rid of Matilda's outfit, maybe send a note to @e-star?
  • Tried using @Karen68's fix and now I can't play Seasons. Just a white page with "We're sorry, but something went wrong." Power reset doesn't help. Guess you won't see me in the Advent leaderboard anymore. Yea!!! Space is OK.
  • @rat oh no... I don't know what went wrong, that works for me to get rid of the silly birdwear. Sorry :(
  • Oh No Pa!! You tried going into 'setttings' force close' the Angry birds seasons app and clear cache, then restart?
  • Watched 'A Christmas Carol' the old one, I never saw it before , great movie:D
    Politically Incorrect to post probably but whatever don't click the link if you don't want to see it my favorite line in the movie
    https://youtu.be/kSyx6DaUwxA
  • @Ma How do you force close the seasons app in settings?
  • pa Go to setttings on your device, then click on 'apps': you'll have a choice of 'downloaded' 'running' and 'all' choose 'all' then scroll down to ABS and hit 'clear cache' DONT HIT clear Data You will LoSe everything Just 'clear 'CACHE' then Force Close.. Then Power off your device and restart
  • I have no apps selection under settings Ma.
  • Until further notice, you're on your own @bernersenn. Not only am I having problems physically, I now have no Seasons on my Ipad. Hold up the honor of the team.
  • BBFN@MaIMCBLIDK
  • Ok Pa You must have a app setting control, i can't say how you get to it cuz I have android and you have apple, Don't do anything till we get some help from someone who has apple device
    @hunnybunny To tell you how to find the application control on your device. I'm tired G'nite
    I'll try to help tommoriw PA If you can't figure it out
    https://youtu.be/eHtuOgtlUjg
  • @kathy loved the Christmas Carol line. We watch every version, every Christmas. Some are better than others, but all good!
    I've seen the "book" the "challenges" but never hit any of them. I just like flinging birds at pigs! Not interested in that Rovio extra stuff.
  • @rat @kathy no idea on app setting control. Ask a twelve year old or e-star. Not some middle aged computer illerate bird!
Post in the New Forum!