The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2511
  • 159688 Comments
  • *hands OB flashlight . for safe keeping .*yyawwnn*
    night Pa♡
  • Nite nite Ma
  • Oops, shame on me. Missed Hunnybunny's birthday.
    Apologize @hunnybunny, a late happy birthday from my side.

@tompuss, your tip about the cancer cases within the breed of Golden Retrievers is perfect. I shared it with my teammembers.

@Rat, I still have to answer your question. The average life expectancy for a BMD is only 8 years. Compared to other dogs with the same size it's much less. Many of our dogs die early due to any form of cancer. There are a few cancers that are genetically determined. Already available are tests to eliminate 4 to 5 types of cancer. Eliminating means to take out of the breed the dogs that show up this genes. That is on what we will concentrate us, bring this information to the big audience and encourage research to new undefined cancer types.

Have a nice day, happy flinging
  • @bernersenn Thanks for the info. It's in line with what I thought I knew. Such a short life for such a beautiful and loving breed. I wish you and the foundation much success.
  • @bernersenn -- Very interesting. I'm thinking of something else to say, but I can't figure out how to say it without offending everyone, maybe including myself. Scientific curiosity and human rights sometimes don't go well together.
  • hey everyone sorry I've been absent and I've missed much @bernersen I'll have to read back to understsnd the concept of the foundation but whatever it is If it's going to help the brreed of dogs you have then it's a good thing ,aand i wish you all the best. i am a little confuse by your comment so why i say i Have to read back. and of course i changed the page with my good night last night I'll have to go back a page or 2.
    wow its been so slow in here the last week or 2 or month!! hope everyone is out enjoy some Sunshine after a looongg cold winter!
    Ob I'll have a Pigkiller please.
    a good note is I finally got a new Tablet that Space actually doesn't freeze on!
  • *Hands over flashlight to OB for safekeeping* night all
    nighty night Pa ♡
  • Good Morning Mrs. Bunny
    Good night Ma
  • Good morning guys,
    @Rat yes, it is awful. All BMD owners constantly live in sorrow. Today all is fine, tomorrow it could be the end. That's true.

@mvnla2 please, you said without 'offending'. I like open communications, perhaps you could write your thoughts here. As said, we are working on it, but don't have the perfect recipe for it. Yet. It is not that we will criticize breeders for their work. Any suggestions or ideas are more than welcome.
  • @bernersenn Glad you found it useful!

@all Squirrel vs Mighty Eagle:

http://youtu.be/XBEyCr5AoIs

A puppy for today:

http://wimp.com/dog-adventure/
  • @bernersenn -- I guess I was too obscure. I think what you're doing with the BMD is great. I was thinking more of humans.
  • @TomPuss -- The squirrel vs eagle was great, although it had to have been staged (cameras inside nests, etc.). When I watched it, it was followed by a video of cats sleeping in funny positions. Also good.
  • Wow @tompuss That was incredibly heartstopping Squirrel agajnst the eagle!! i was holding my breath the whole time! ! I didn't quite understand why the squirrel didn't go into the hole in the First tree that he was on though.
    @bernersenn i still cannot find the first reference to the foundation I'm sorry but whatever is about that your doing I'm sure it's a great cause and i hope it helps the breed:)
  • OB i know it's been very slow lately, but the weather is getting better so it's got to be. .I'll open up the Patio and Aviary access maybe folks will stroll in
    in the meantime I'll have a SpacePigKiller with a dash of tobacco please:)
  • Night Pa ♡
  • Night Ma
  • Good morning OB, I'll have a large glass of orange juice please.

Looks pretty quiet around here lately. Well, hope business picks up soon. I noticed @kathy opened up the patio and aviary. I see some flowers have started blooming in the aviary, and they're so pretty!
    Well, here we are near the end of May, and it's finally warming up. Summer fun is just around the corner and I can hardly wait!
    Time for me to get over to the B&R and award a couple of puppies! Have a beautiful Thursday @everyone!
  • Hi @kathy, it is pretty normal that you can't find any reference to the foundation. We're discussing right now about targets, the way to reach our goal. Raising a foundation can be done within an hour. But, one mistake at the start can follow you your entire life.
  • Thanks for a thankless job @SweetP. You're an awesome admin type person.
  • What did I do @rat9...thankless job? Huh?
  • Congrats @rat9 on your new rank - Pig Leader! Woot-woot!
  • Congrats Pa!! Woot!! Lead those Porkers to their demise..mwahahaha
  • Nighty night all!
    night Pa♡ See ya next on my Big screen i hope. .BBeware lol;)
  • @SweetP @Ma Don't remind me of my new rank. I hate being a traitor and leading the pigs. I might be an Angry Bird or a Sneaky Rat, but I'm no Pig Leader.
  • Haha @Tompuss! Happy World Goth Day (I never knew there was such a day...) to you and @jlz666, too!

@rat9, it just means you know how to whip 'em into shape and to their demise. You're just so sneaky in that way! *snort, snort*
  • @SweetP Nor did I till I found it on Pig Days!
  • @TomPuss love the pic of the birds, too cute!
    I'd never heard of World Goth Day either til I opened up today's Pig Days level. I always knew Angry Birds was educational.
  • @karen68 There's even a website:

http://www.worldgothday.com/

I learn new things every day on the Net - I love it!

@JLZ666 Your car again - Bugatti Veyron vs Eurofighter:

http://youtu.be/7NZ9X9A2efA
  • Need something stronger than the usual whiiine. Tonight is one of the nights I hate the most - Eurovision "Song" Contest. My kids hijack the TV for 3 1/2 hours of the worst music ever known to man. Google it and you'll understand.
  • This group was one of the front-runners in 2012 - not kidding...
  • And these clowns won in 2006
  • So stupid
  • @TomPuss great picture of the birds!
  • @ZeBung Hi! Me too, I'm avoiding the dreaded Eurovision like the plague! Retreated to bathroom and listened to News Quiz on the BBC iPlayer. Now off to bed with a good book - Camilla Läckberg, have you read any? Glad you liked the bird pic, just one of those lucky finds.
    For you and @all_aerobatics_fans - don't miss this truly awesome display, wonderful footage professionally filmed:

Red Arrows: http://youtu.be/LRLa42a3HGw

Natti natt xoxo
  • @TomPuss

Read all of her books! The area she writes about is just outside of Gothenburg (Göteborg). Stieg Larsson (Girl with the Dragon Tatoo, etc...) was also a Swede (died relatively young a few years ago). Seems to be a dark side to these people. Must be the Winter weather.
  • @tompuss @zebung @all Yes indeed it's the most horrific music competition ever but it produced one of the best bands in the world!!! I was only 2yrs old but it obviously made a mark.
    http://youtu.be/3FsVeMz1F5c
    BTW It was never the same after Terry Wogan retired...........(UK joke!)
  • I'm back!

First, and most importantly, @bernersenn, glad to hear your wounds healed and you are flinging again, and saving Bernese Mountain Dogs from an early death. Respect

@fenikus very belated birthday wishes. Are you still flinging? Perhaps I should send you a pm to find out lol...

@ZeBung are you a wine expert or just translating?

@rat on your comment of the battle of the sexes. You can open the door for me, pull my seat out, even stand up when I come into the room (although that one died I think when an elderly gentleman friend of ours passed on three years ago). Its just manners. Give your seat up for the elderly. Say please and thank you. The principles you and I were brought up on. And battle on, not to beat the opposite sex, just to do the best you can. You fling better than me. I cook better than Mr Bunny (and probably you). Could go on, but would bore everyone to death (don't even suggest I have already!)

Cruise finished, back home:

We had some sun, gale force winds, fog, thunder and lightening, more fog, every sea condition from small wavelets to rough. Made four out of the seven ports we were supposed to visit.

@mvnla2 in answer to your questions 1. We got some money back 2. The Picasso museum does have the Velázquez 3. Got a card and some balloons on my birthday, better boats send you a chocolate cake (!)

No pictures yet (I'm on the laptop, and all my pictures are on iCloud, which I thought would be easy, once they transferred, but there's hundreds of snaps of AB strats and everything else, to sort though, in no particular order)

@Jlz666 get well soon xx

@ZeBung I'm watching too
  • @jlz666 We love Ken Bruce, tried to do his radio commentary, whilst watching the TV, but that just don't work, out of sinc
  • @fenikus, pal, please, please forgive me, forgot your birthday. Shame on me, have to pop in more often. Many, many belated congratulations. I have to overthink my daily schedule, at this moment it is a big chaos.

@all, wishing you all fine weekend
  • @zebung @jlz666 who's your money on?
    I'm going Estonia, Australia, or Italy
  • Wondered my I was talking to myself. I now see OB, The Blues, ZeBung, JLZ, and couple of our feathered friends cooped up in a booth, watching Eurovision. Move over, I'm coming in....
  • @tompuss Wow now i know what they mean by a engine 'purring ' but sounded more like growling 'at speed ' lol did that have @@jlz666 written All over it haha!!
    ya @zebung uhmm sorry? haha wth was thst kinda music ? i must admit i only watched 3 seconds of the first video, couldn't bring myself to open the others sorry. OB bring zebung anything he wants on my tab with my sincere sympathy; )
  • Welcome Home @hunnybunny! ! very nice pic:)
    Where are my castles! !??? hee hee just kidding happy belated birthday
    and to you also @fenikus
    sorry I've missing so many birthday lately.
  • @JLZ666 @Kathy @Hunnybunny Glad it's over, but (un)fortunately Sweden won again. ABBA was great in 1974 and the 6 years following. Hell, they have their own museum in Stockholm. Kathy, this is a yearly music nightmare - just ask @TomPuss. Hunny, I am absolutely not an expert (except for imbibing), but yes, translating a magazine. Next one from the same publisher (different magazine) is about Lifestyle - will have to see how much written bs I can produce. Between the two magazines, there'll be one every other 6 weeks.
  • lol @zebung *clink* you deserve a drink today hee hee
    I'm celebrating because Tada Finally got my new Tablet scores restored 'wwith a lot of help from my friend ' I'm flinging on the big screen again Woot !!
    So drinks on me for the rest of the weekend! !
    OB I'll have a glass of Cristal please ..have the blues bring me a bottle and a chilled glass please on the patio while i fling and listen to the birds practice in the Aviary :) such a nice night..
  • *comes in from the patio, Streetttchhh* nice night out there falling asleep
    *hands OB flashlight for safekeeping *
    nighty night
    night Pa♡ wherever you are ☆♤♢♧ lol
Post in the New Forum!