The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2510
  • 159688 Comments
  • @ZeBung Our resident vet is @HappyShake , not @TomPuss .

Thanks @SweetP But I was referring to her challenge from the day before on the Seasons challenge. The one with all the new puppies. I top scored it after her challenge but never checked to see if she'd answered me by beating it. Easy for me to check once they update the puppy list so that I know which level it was. Thanks for trying.
  • @all --Wow! I missed a whole day. Played golf Sun. and today.
    @SweetP -- Today was a really nice day for golf. Started out cool and overcast, but eventually warmed up to 70 or so. Can you believe we are supposed to get more rain later this week?
    @Rat -- Mrs. Bunny may be at sea, but you are surrounded by females who don't appreciate your comment, even if made in jest.
    @ZeBung -- Will check, been playing golf today, just now catching up.
  • Where in the world @Happyshake !! ??
    What'd i miisss what comments did @r@rat9 make now lol.
    I hate going back a page but i guess I'll have to haha.m
  • oohh Please.... that was nothing ..and @lesleyg can take it hee hee and give it back 2 fold!j
  • back to flingin. sorry i forgot the earplugs today..but looks like there was no whining anyway..
  • Night Pa♡ Early night for me..
    *hands nice shiny flashlight to OB for safekeeping, now that is all renewed;)*
    Night all
  • @kathy Glad you got to play hookie today. Sounds like you got some much-needed sleep! Sweet dreams dear friend. I'll be by later to light your way to dreamland.

ahh, @rat9 you mean the Hobbit level! I think she's getting ready to hunt you down, so watch out!
  • Sounds like you had a beautiful day golfing @mvnla2! We've been so busy on the weekends, I haven't been playing lately, but plan to soon. Our large project to redo the bathroom is all done, except for installing a cabinet so that should free up some time to hit the links. But, I've never gone fishing, so we're planning on doing that on a camping trip!
  • @SweetP You wouldn't happen to have a vested interest in Scentsy's? It's starting to feel like a commercial to this ole Suthern boy. We may talk slow and with a drawl, but don't you make the mistake of thinking we're stupid because of it. ha ha ha

Night Ma
  • @Mvnla2 Is it true you think we can no longer have a battle of the sexes, in fun, without it being taken as offensive and sexist? Has social equality overruled competition. Well, I'm going to continue to put women on a pedestal, open doors for them, pull out chairs, etc. If I playfully rib them from time to time, it's just the price they'll have to pay. ha ha ha *rib, no pun intended*
  • Nah, @rat9. I just like them because they're safer than candles, and smell wonderful!
    Of course, I would never think you're stupid. You shouldn't pay attention to all of this feminine stuff anyways. hahaha!
  • @SweetP Did you hear what @Mvnla2 said? "...you are surrounded by females..." Is it wrong that I like that? he he

@Sglouk Fantastic score on 9-17. Now do that to the other twenty-nine levels and I'll conceded Brass Hogs to ya.
  • @rat
    Well, only 28 other levels, not 29, because I am already waaaaayyyy ahead of you on 9-8 as well (actually, this is one of the two or three levels in the whole game where you are furthest from top score). However, I don't really like Brass Hogs. Should I really be crazy enough to challenge you on a whole episode, I would choose another one I like more. At the moment, I am fighting with Utopia, which is the episode I like less (together with Red Planet and Brass Hogs), and where I am unlikely to challenge you either, even if the gap between us two is smaller there than in Brass Hogs.
  • @Rat -- I have no problem with you liking being surrounded by females, and it does appear that I'm the only dyed-in-the-wool feminist here. I also have a pretty sensitive trigger button for sexism, probably due to the fact that I spent my entire career in a field that openly engaged in sex discrimination when I was younger, and only managed to get most of the overt discrimination covered up by the time I retired.
  • @Mvnla2 Please don't shoot one of your biggest defenders. I'm just glad it was a metaphorical trigger you pulled. Too many actual triggers of late. And my wife of 39 years is still working. Too often in Washington D. C., the birthplace of the ole boys club. So she is exposed to, and keeps me very knowledgeable of, workplace discrimination.
    Btw, I thought it interesting you said "covered up" as opposed to eliminated.
  • @Sglouk
    Just shows to go ya. Even the Great and Powerful Rat (apologies to the wizard) can't win em all. I might eventually take another look at 9-17, but isn't 9-8 a level you shoot and then wait for hours watching the grass grow? I never was a fan of those. You can have that one.

And as far as a Game Center flinger being within seventeen thousand of my total in Brass Hogs, good for him/her. But I don't look at GC since the kicked me out of the running for overall Space leader. I'm also not very worried. Seventeen thousand is a high peak to climb when you're that far up the mountain. lol
  • Quick update, rough crossing of Bay of Biscay, foggy around Portugal and into the Med. Finally we found sun! Yippee! Barcelona tomorrow...

Bye, Internet connection expensive
  • @Hunnybunny Too bad everything seems to be going wrong. Delayed, rough seas, no sun. But that's the great thing about a cruise. Even the bad ones are fantastic. Enjoy Barcelona Mrs. Bunny. It's one of my favorite cities, even if it is a little gaudy. (pun intended) lol
  • @Rat -- Your comment on Barcelona being gaudy makes up for the previous sexist comment. So you're forgiven; not that I really held it against you. And yes, "cover up" was a very deliberate choice of words, although there was less and less covert discrimination as time went by.
    @Hunnybunny -- Hope you enjoy Barcelona, I'm another big fan of that city. It also has a Picasso museum, I think.
  • @Mvnla2 Do you think it was better because they started hiding it from you? That's worst. That made it really nefarious. Sorry you had such a workplace environment. It only takes a couple to ruin it. We not all bad.
    I know the word gaudy doesn't have it's roots in Mr. Gaudi and his architecture. But when I first saw his creations, I thought it did. ha ha ha He was different!!
  • @Rat -- There were more and more good guys who didn't discriminate. It's amazing what having a working wife, or even better yet a daughter, does for a man's view of women's rights and discrimination. I agree that covering discriminatory attitudes makes it harder to recognize and fight, but people do get the message that these attitudes are not tolerated.
  • no time to catch up sorry promise tomorrowThanks again @@sweetp for the nice scented warmers I slept like a dream :);and my flashlight is shiny and bright helping me to rid Slingtown of lots of unwanted Swine ; )
    hands flashlight to OB for safekeeping
    nighty night all
  • Night Pa ♡
  • Night Ma
  • Can't read back at these Internet prices! But ignoring @rat's Gaudi pun. @mvnla2 there is the Picasso museum. Visited five years ago (on my fiftieth birthday) and saw a small sketch I would have killed for. Didn't ask the price........
  • @Hunnybunny Since you commented on the pun, you didn't ignore it. The pun had already done it's worst. ha ha ha ha ha
  • @Hunnybunny -- Is the Picasso museum in Barcelona the one that has Picasso's interpretations of Velazquez' Las Meninas? Hope you got to go inside the cathedral.
  • Hands flashlight to OB for safekeeping ..
    nighty night Pa♡
  • Sleep tight Ma
  • Happy birdday to @FujiToast!!

Listen, they're playing your song!

Sorry lyrics on vid are so tiny, you can read text better underneath. OK @all, if you haven't done karaoke in the BP before, let's hear it for our Professor!

http://youtu.be/mjlusi_h_XA

• @Tompuss Is FujiToast still around? I see no activity in well over a year.
    Speaking of admins gone awol, does anyone know if Kelani is okay?
  • Kelani who?
  • Good evening to you @all. I'm back. Had a few busy days, finished yet.
    @Rat my dogs are called Heidi (9,5 years old) and Don (6,5 years old).
    They are also pampered, you could say spoiled. But we love it this way.

@tompuss I'm here, hello to you. Long time no see.
  • Oh, woe is me. I've been promoted, against my will I might add, to a great big green Pig Leader. I don't want to lead the pigs. lol

@bernersenn I'm sure Heidi and Don spoil you as well. Not to be morbid, but what's the average life span of that breed? I'm clueless.

@Burpie Sorry bout the trophy nabbing. I've been keeping the Sheriff's department quite busy since I started Mirrors. Out of the 115 levels I've played so far, I sent the Sheriff to notify 60 victims. ha ha ha Before you get too upset, know that the Sheriff has showed up at my door over a dozen times as well. Normally after I post a new strategy. ha ha ha

• Ooww We missed @fujitoast Birdday!! Great job for remembering @Tompuss
    but ya good question @burpie. .where are our missing @admins ?
    So sorry to hear you've been promoted to lead the Pigs @rat9 We all have to bear the burden of that promotion at one point..it's a trial i think lol..
    You just gotta Post more of your RatstStRATs very quickly to get out of that job lol;)
    Nice to see you pop in @bernersen :)
  • @TomPuss -- @FujiToast is no longer listed as an admin. He left the nest for bigger and better things a year or more ago.
    As for @kelani, I have no idea what's going on. I think I sent a PM a while ago, but no answer. Will check and send another.
  • Rome was wonderful !!
  • Woah! Isn't today the 18th? Only one post on the 16th, and none on the 17th???
    Hope everyone is well?
    We just got our solar system turned on this morning! Yea! Turning on solar systems is not at the top of the priority list for the LA Dept. of Water and Power. Can't imagine why.
  • @burpie @Rat @Kathy @all -- Just heard from @Kelani -- He is fine, but overwhelmed by keeping up with family medical issues. Seems he has found time to squeeze in a few visits with his girlfriend. At least his priorities are straight.
  • @mvnla2 Thanks for the update on Kelani, was concerned about him! Family medical issues can certainly take over one's life, glad he has had a few breaks.
  • @TomPuss thank you so much!

Had wonderful day. Sun, at last! Lobster, of course. And some fizz from Ontario, Canada, made from grapes frozen on the vine! @karen68 ?!

Nearly all my expensive cruise boat Internet minutes used up, so have a birthday drink on me.

And Happy Birthday @Amslimfordy
  • Happy Bday Slimdog (@Amslimfordy)
  • I'm a bit late but anyway Happy Birdday @Hunnybunny :D
  • Happy Birthday Mrs. Bunny. If it's Monday, this must be Monte Carlo. (or one of a thousand ports) Enjoy your day cruising.

Slimdog? It's your day whatever you're called. ha ha
    Happy Birthday @AMslimfordy

Thanks for all the cakes @TomPuss. I was famished. Summers finally here. Everyone is outside instaed of a dark bar. Can you blame em?

And last but not least by a long shot, hi @Estar
  • oh my Sorry I'm late! !
    Happy Birthday @hunnybunny and @Amslimfordy !!
    hope you both had a wonderful day!!
    thanks for the news on @kelani @mvnla2 was getting a bit worried.
  • Happy Happy Birthday @AMSlimfordy & @hunnybunny! Hope you've both enjoyed your day :)

@hunnybunny Ice wine? Mmmm, lovely! Glad the cruise is going well.

Hello everyone else! Quiet weekend OB.. could I get my usual Scotch please?
  • @hunnybuny @Amslimfordy -- Happy Birthday! Hope you are enjoying your special day.
    @hunnybunny -- Did you have a special celebration on the boat? They seem to know about these things.
Post in the New Forum!