Angry Birds Space & Mighty Eagle: Are you KIDDING me? Page 6
  • 268 Comments
  • The merits of them being challenging can be debated. Even if they aren't "challenging", they still present a problem seeing as they are consumable and therefore have a finite life which causes angst when used. For instance, how many birds have you flung that have accidentally been flung where you didn't mean for it to go? Well, now that very accident/mistake/mishap will cost you - literally. Also, even with a tried and true road map/walk through/solution, you still are not guaranteed success for your "expenditure". For instance, there is one level that I attempted to use a Space Eagle on. It seemed to have a rather simple solution to it...It looked like I could immediately fling a can before any birds to solve for Total Destruction. So I flung a can to where I thought it should go...99%. Repeated. 98%. Repeated again. 99%. Finally after the fourth one, I hit 100%. Within the confines and limitations of a small mobile device, I set off that Space Eagle deliberately within fractions/pixels of one another, and it took me 4 tries. Shortly thereafter, the walk through video was posted, and I looked to see if I was somehow off and could've done it differently (strategy wise for future uses). Sure enough, it was the exact same solution, and the Eagle was summoned within the same area that I had set off my previous Eagles...so in essence, because it was a "physics" game, and we all know how luck plays a part of playing this game, my lack of luck cost me three additional cans for no reason. Notice that I've never tried to say how much they should charge for the Eagle (although to be honest, as any consumer the lower the better...LOL), just that it shouldn't be consumable because of the very nature of the game.
  • To all. Rovio will not change the mighty spave eagle to an unlimited use one time purchase. Here's why. If they did they will risk alienated those customers who have already purchased the eagle pakeages. There hope with the eagle a day scam was just that a scam. The only thing we can hope for is that the next AB game is not the same sham ABS was. I love playing angry birds. Pick one I love um all! But say good bye to the pipe dream of ABS changing. Keep it real fellow birders. Out...
  • I think we realized a while back that they were not going to change, and that was before the release of v1.1 and the non-daily daily Eagle. Had they nipped this in the bud and made it unlimited earlier, they could've reduced the collateral damage of upsetting those that paid for it by having portions refunded through iTunes and it probably wouldn't have been too significant. However, with each passing day, that would become more and more of a problem...then there is the laughable marketing spin of "creating a better gaming experience" that they eschewed...
  • I agree. Let's hope they don't "fowl" the next game up. lol
  • Either way, it's a no win situation for them. If they keep the consumable Eagle scam in the next Angry Birds release, they will further alienate fans, and from this board, along with the comments left on the iTunes reviews, they have ticked off a lot of people that way. However, if they return to the unlimited game play (and assuming they don't change Angry Birds Space to unlimited either), then they are basically admitting that the idea/concept/scam was a bad idea and then Angry Birds Space will stick out even more so like a sore thumb because it will still be the only one with consumable Eagles since there will be more Angry Birds games out at that point and it could potentially become a lightning rod of further criticism by fans for not "correcting" it in the game.

Further evidence that if it isn't broke, don't fix it.
  • OK...for those interested, even if you agree with the 24 hour cycle being classified as "daily", you do not even get that with Angry Birds. After playing with this for a few days, you don't get your free "daily" until either an hour after your 24 hour period (which is really 25 hours), or the top of the next hour after your 24 hour period (which would be less than 25 hours, but more than 24). Because of timing and circumstance, I have not been able to nail down which of the two that it is, but I suspect is at the top of the hour because every one of my Eagles seem to come at exactly the top of the hour.
  • There are surveys on the refresh screen of ABO, ABS, and ABSp that ask about pricing of ME, SE, etc. Great place to register your opinion (I hope).
  • Where are these surveys?
  • @heathen Open the game; open any level; hit the pause button; survey should appear on pause screen. You do have to allow messages (adds) from Rovio, so if the postman is crying under a raincloud, you need to tap him so messages will appear. There seem to be 3 separate surveys, one each in ABO, ABS, and ABSp. They are mostly the same, with slight differences. I filled out all 3.
  • @mvnla2 - Thanks...I had them closed. I'll be putting in my direct responses. BTW, you forgot about Rio. :-)
  • @heathen -- I didn't see one in Rio??? Oops, found it. Don't know why I didn't see it first time I looked.
  • Submitted mine as well. Some questions would really better be multiple options :)
  • For those interested, it appears that the free "daily" eagle which used to come every 24+ hours (more than likely after 25 hours, but never 100% confirmed) in v1.1 now seems to come right at the 24 hour mark in the newly released v1.2, but only if you are actually in the game at the same time every day. Perhaps the crew here can add that to the list of "bug fixes".
  • I can add my own experience to this...you can get the free "daily" even slightly before the 24hr mark depending on when you are scheduled to get it within the 24th hour. Before the update I was scheduled to get it at 11:30pm so I followed through at got it at that time. The next day I signed on at 11:15ish and got the eagle. Taking it further I decided to try just before 11 and it didn't work, but as soon as 11 hit, I got the eagle. To me it seems as though you get the eagle at the bottom of the 24th hour regardless of what time during that 24th hour you are scheduled to get it.
  • I've actually done a 180 on how I thought about the ABSp Eagle, first I was mad about having to purchase etc... since like so many have said I never use it to pass a level, just to get 100% completion in the game (3 stars, all feathers, all game center achievements etc...) However, as they have done updates (and given out bonus eagles, I don't remember what all for but I think for 3-starring all levels, and also in one of the updates maybe?) and done the daily free Eagle, I was actually able to get almost all the feathers on every level (with help from ABN walkthroughs for some levels of course, thanks slim!!) without purchasing any, and just bought a small bundle in order to get feathers for all levels. Also, I think I like the changes in the way the eagle works here and now like it better than the mighty eagle in the other versions. First of all its fun since it's basically a super bomb bird and with the planets, debris etc... it just makes for fun gameplay. Then it's so nice to be able to mix and match the birds, to use a can, then a bird than another can etc... It changes it up and makes it interesting. The best change by far is the "feather meter" since it's easy to tell when you are close enough to get the feather and can avoid wasting birds, or worse cans so it makes getting the feather much easier. All in all I really like it and had a lot of fun getting all the feathers in Space.
  • I understand they're trying to make money and I can't really blame them for it. They might not ever make another game this popular and they need to capitalize on it while it's still hot. Even though I was ticked off for a while, I now think the daily eagle was a satisfactory solution to the problem. People who don't want to spend any money don't have to; they can simply wait to earn enough eagles for free. Others who don't mind paying can have the eagles early and Rovio gets their money. It's pretty common in other games actually... you can either earn some kind of in-game currency by playing or you can buy some to get ahead quickly.

I've got all the Utopia feathers and have more eagles in the bank than before the levels came out.
  • Erm, was my comment deleted? Mods?
  • Yes, no posting cheats.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!