News & Rumors (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 10
  • 1875 Comments
  • so is there going to be another update for the original angry birds?

thought i read somewhere that it was now finnished and they would be releasing a new game shortly?

• To the contrary. Rovio has said they are continuing ABo. The "Mine and Dine" episode is finished though.
  • While browsing the ABo folders I heard a Soundclip of Mighty Mouse?
    What is it exactly?
  • Funny, I actually have a graphic that I'm pretty sure is the, "Mighty Mouse". While not confirmed, my guess is this originally was going to be the way you trigger the Mighty Eagle. Total guess.
  • Any further news on the Mighty Eagle for non T-Mobile android users? Or did I totally miss it?
  • i see mighty eagle achievments in rio today
  • You know, I could be wrong, but there should be a new update for rio sometime in November. I know this because a took a screen shot before updating the game. So the screenshot shows the month the level is supposed to come out.
  • Right, the sixth episode was originally slated for November. Of course, Rovio is not at all obligated to keep to this standard, but I still think we are likely to see an update this month.
  • more importantly though, we need an update for the original game!
  • Terrible news, whats the issue?
  • Basically ABois just about out of space on GameCenter. It allows 25 Leaderboards and 1000 points for achievements. Already used are 24 and 890, respectively.
  • @Amslimfordy: Given the massive popularity of the game, and I'm also sure Rovio is aware of the issue, I bet their already trying to solve it with Apple or coming up with their own solution. More then 1/2 a billion downloads makes me confident in this assumption. We shall see.
  • Oh yes, Rovio is aware. They have told me as much. However, the actual solution is a bit difficult. The limit of GameCenter is set within the system itself, so it's not clear if Apple can manually override that or not.

I'm sure they are actively working on something to fix this (or to work around this), but as I said, I think it will cause some minor delays.
  • New Rio achievements in Game Center now
  • Two birds and a total of 65 possible
  • Woot! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Follow up: I am still seeing the two new bird achievements ( boomerang and Big Brother) plus the '56 of 65' total possible on my iPad for the regular game in Game Center but don't see the same for the regular game on my iPhone. Angry Birds HD on the iPad has not updated either. I have screen shots of the changes if no one else is seeing them.
  • My iPhone just updated with the changes...
  • Any chance of Seasons update tomorrow?
  • Certainly a chance, but by no means a guarantee. Rovio has not really given much of anything to go on, but I did see an article from today that alludes to a release on 1 Dec.

Like I said, it's not a guarantee... I'd say it's about 50/50.
  • It looks like there's a new AB mini-game out now with the birds cracking pistachios:
    http://mashable.com/2011/12/01/angry-birds-pistachios/

I don't use Chrome so I can't play....Maybe I'm totally AB obsessed but I'd pay 99cents for even a short AB game.
  • Also, looks like Rovio wants to take Angry Birds to Japan:
    http://www.penn-olson.com/2011/12/01/angry-birds-japan/

From the article:
    "Rovio intends to develop Japan-related gameplay similar to the China levels released earlier this year. However, no level specifics or timelines were revealed."

I'd love to see a Japan-related Seasons episode.
  • @sal9: That is pretty cool! No new gameplay, it's just the Chrome version of Angry Birds, but it it's cool to see Rovio doing something charitable!

@Ladycrumb: That sounds pretty awesome! I'd love to see a Japanese themed Angry Birds. I wonder what kind of Japan theme they'll go for?
  • a new secret achievment added in angry birds and were translated to spanish
  • http://chrome.angrybirds.com/

There are 3 bonus levels. The code for the 1st one is out somewhere in this app:
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/jnkffnoliaheoidfeejcmnidkkgilkja?gl=US

Rovio Facebook Post:
    "Chirp! The first bonus level on Angry Birds Seasons for Google Chrome is ready to be unlocked, but can you figure out the code? Check the BBC Good Food app for some tips!"

Edit: Click on the 1st recipe that shows up(mine was a pasta recipe). At the bottom of the recipe will be a link that will take you to a page that will give you the code for the level.
  • Any news on Angry Birds for Xbox 360?? :(
  • You'd have to ask Rovio. I haven't heard anything whatsoever about XBox.
  • when will be update for angry birds birdday levels?
    sorry for bad english.

• Posted on facebook about 1 hour ago:
    "Angry Birds turns two on Sunday, December 11, and we have some great surprises in store for our fans! Fans everywhere can enjoy a new “Happy Birdday” update for Angry Birds"
  • The Angry Birds Wreak the halls animation short will be showing on Nick.
    https://www.facebook.com/angrybirds
  • will the mighty eagle appear in pc? i already saw and hear the mighty eagle on the file location, if
    it will come to pc, when? tnx

and angrybirds rio smugglers plane the coming soon page?? when will it be completed?
  • We have no word on when the Mighty Eagle will land for PC, but we are quite confident it will happen.

The last chapter of Smugglers' Plane should land soon, but perhaps not until after the New Year.
  • @AMslimfordy, is there any word on GameCenter having too many achievements?
  • No word precisely, but Rovio is well-aware of the situation.
  • Are there any news about syncing between Android and iOS?
    Or are there any ways to get three stars on all AB on iOS...?
    I'll get my iPod Touch on Tuesday... don't want to start all over again-__- classic, rio, and seasons... will be a pain...
    help please lol
  • I'm not aware of any way to transfer between iOS and Android, sorry.
  • phderek, I was able to transfer from my android phone to my mac using an android app called angry birds sync which uses dropbox to get the highscore.lua and settings.lua from the android device. From there you can follow the guide on this website (angrybirdnest), which shows how to get the highscore.lua and settings.lua on apple devices. From there it is just a matter of copying and pasting the highscore.lua and settings.lua files into dropbox. I hope these edits make it a little more clear.
  • I only found the AngryBirdsSync app on Android Market and I have successfully backuped my score on DropBox. I also downloaded DropBox on my iPod Touch and found the highscore.lua and settings.lua. However I cannot find the AngryBirdsSync app on the App Store. Did I misunderstand your comment...? Where is the website?
    Thank you soooooo much!
  • This website.
  • I cant wait until part 2 off birday part, anyone know when the updates due?
  • To my knowledge, there is no continuation of Birdday Party.
  • How do you add the picture Icon above your name? For example "bird leader's" Icon is a standard red AB
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!