The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2478
  • 159689 Comments
  • Good morning, hubby has the early shift, so up at 6am right now. @kathy The devilish levels are in Pig Dipper mirror side as those are new and in need of videos. I skipped level 3, but the ones next aren't any better, yuck. Congratz btw with the win of your team, my hubby showed me the commercial of Mercedes?! I think, the one with the tale of The Tortoise and the Hare. Compared to commercials over here, that's one expensive commercial and I actually liked it.
  • @Fenikus Flingers 342--Hogs 360 ??? You lost me on that one.

First pass complete. I couldn't do missions for the last three levels. My mission page is locked up. So I won't be improving on those scores until it unfreezes. I had top scores on every level at one time or another. I only have thirteen left. Still not bad though. Eighteen of thirty are in the top two with nothing higher than seventh place. But flingers are pickin' em off one by one. It's still early. Lots of points and alternate strategies out there yet.

Sorry @Burpie. I usurped a few of your top scores toward the end.
  • Night Pa:)
  • @Rat, that is a rather impressive achievement; I am in total awe of your greatness. We won't mention that starting with level 19 there are only 13 or less flingers that got there so far. You are the King of Space, no doubt about it ;-)
  • As I said @Fenikus. It's early. I just set few hurdles so the other flingers would know how high to jump. But there's one thing I can guarantee. Every top score I have today will fall. But thanks for the compliment just the same.

342-360?

Night Ma
  • Sweet dreams @kathy
    Hi @fenikus and Mister @rat
    Only 13 people have completed BH and filled out their scores, wow, Rovio made the new Space update even more less-attractive than I thought and I thought they made it verrrrry unattractive already :/

Off to fling a couple of dreade Pig Dipper flings before heading into work. Have good night you both!
  • @Estar Only 13 flingers have completed Brass Hogs because they must do a thousand missions first. Plus the time delay between levels.
  • Heyas, @e-star :-)

@Rat, actually only 7 flingers completed all 30 levels. So you better not be higher than 7th place in any of the levels!

BTW, I predict your top score on level 24 will hold for a while. The best I got so far is 220K with 2 birds and destruction was pretty thorough. So good looking 1-birder would yield 230K and you have 239K.
  • @Fenikus I'm not sure your logic for no score higher than seventh holds water. ha ha Some of the early levels have a few more than seven flingers competing for honors. And most of them will eventually complete all thirty. I'm tickled pink that my first pass has held up as well as it has in the first levels. On my second pass I'll be looking at all the tips other flingers have left in the walkthroughs and leaving a few breadcrumbs of my own. One thing I'm sure of is my approach isn't always the best. I'm excited to see how the other flingers completed a few of the tougher levels.

As far as level 24. I see scores higher than my 239k. @Ma has a 231k two birder. If she'd got a one birder that's a possible 241k right there. Btw, there was lots of debris left on my 239k score.
  • I haven't been entering all my Brass Hogs scores; will have to catch up today.
    @estar -- Now that you've made videos for a bunch of levels, it sounds like you could confirm my impression. Brass Hogs levels are fairly easy to 3*, which is good because you need 3* to open the mirror levels. The mirror levels in the entire game are either fairly easy, i.e. I got 3* the first time I completed the level, or very difficult, i.e., I gave up getting 3* even on some that had videos up!
  • *Rant Alert*
    How on this good green earth have some people finished all the missions?!! I'm sooooo so close to giving up:( I know I said I wasn't in a rush but for the love of giraffe.....Arghhhhhhhh :(( Think I need to walk away now for a break. I've got 4 left to open with 126 points to get! I'm going to have to play at least 6 missions every single day for about a week...at least! How is this possible? Some of the levels in CC mirror levels are just impossible and they're only for 2 points to finish the dang level! This isn't good for my b/p,think I need to ditch the birds and take up yoga.
    *Rant over*
    @estar oh how I feel your pain :( Thank you from the bottom of my heart for doing these levels. Tedious doesn't come close to some of them and I'm just happy getting 1 star for points and moving on. You've got to 3 star them! Your brain must be fried. I'm leaving you a liquorice tea behind the bar when you pop back in. X
    Congrats @kathy on your win! I wasn't aware it was Super Bowl time again. I'll check out the ads later,they're always fun.
  • @JLZ666 *Rant Alert* answered.
    My mission page locked up so I played the last three levels using the double arrow gambit. It saved me almost 100 points worth of missions and a lot of time. True, it's a pain to reopen the last couple of levels now that I've closed them, but I had top scores on all three when I left so I don't need to get back quickly. I'd rather have the video replay function instead of the double arrow but you play the hand you're dealt.
  • Wait.......what double arrow gambit? I've missed this one @rat I haven't read back. I'm going now.
  • @JLZ666 The fifth posting on the previous page describes the double arrow gambit with a picture.
  • Just back from work, but I saw a delicious hot tea for me waiting, thanks @jlz !! As for the Bh levels and the missions... Do the Candy Crush workaround ;)
    Something I expected more people to have done the time switch by now mister @rat. We lot are inventive and when we can pull one over Rovio without doing actual hacks we will or so I thought.

@mvnla2 not sure, I think there are a mix of levels in the mirror ones, I think there are a couple that are medium skilled as well, but imo there are more horrific ones in these mirror levels than I ever encountered in all the AB games and JLZ is right, some of them fry my brain.... Pig Dipper has proven to be my hardest so far... Still haven't 3* level 3 and I am dreading to take another crack at it :/
  • @Estar -- Thanks for commiserating, at least now I don't feel so bad about thinking that some of them are very difficult.
    @jlz666 -- Well, by the time I was done I was pretty numb. I gave up the idea that I could get 10 pt missions; they just weren't very frequent, and the few I got were next to impossible. (Except for the level were I beat my score, only to find out it was the wrong level!) In the end, I rejected all 1 pt missions; the 2 pt'ers were generally OK, because you only needed to complete a level, the 3pts were OK, but if I couldn't get 3* in 15 min or so, I rejected them. If my missions were all complete or cancelled, and not going to open very soon (less than 5 min or whatever time a short break was) I just went on to the next day. Rat's double arrow never appeared on my old iPad running IOS 7 (at least not to open the next level in BH).
  • Enjoy your tea @estar! I am doing the candy crush time shuffle but that doesn't get me through the flippin levels any quicker lol! It's soul destroying how many points I have to get. It's my own stupid fault. I didn't pay any attention to how big a difference there was between the later levels so just stuck to 1,2 & 3 pointers. I don't like space enough (especially mirror levels) to play it for hrs everyday so I guess I just have to accept it'll take time.....a long time.
    @rat thanks for the info but alas nope....that's another feature I don't seem to have.
    Gotta scoot and see to dinner. Hubby just got home.
  • Numb @mvnla? I'm surprised you weren't catatonic ;) I should've paid more attention at the start and used my time travel to its full advantage. Ah well,you live and learn ;(
  • And to think I called you lucky @JLZ666. Why...you have no luck at all. No arrow, no playback, and no time hack(?). You must have used skill to beat my high score the other day. lol

@Burpie I've got another ridiculous score like level 24 for you to chase. I discovered a secret about level 7. I got top score with almost 17k above you. Now you have two levels with which to entertain yourself. Enjoy!

Hi @Estar Now that I'm done flingin' at level seven, I'll take a look at Pig Dipper level three.
  • @Rat @Fenikus @Burpie -- Guess who is #2 in BH mirror levels! There are only 2 players that have entered all scores, and one of them is yours truly. Aren't you guys playing the mirror levels?
  • Hmm .. I'm number 7 in BH itself. Better enjoy it while it lasts: it's probably the highest I'll ever be.
  • @mvnla2 I'm not playing those. I'm only putting in a perfunctory performance with Brass Hogs to defend my nr. 2 spot overall. You couldn't pay me to play the Mirror levels.
  • @Rat9 Is the secret with level 7 that you swap out the blue birds fir an ICBM? Where do you find those points?!
  • Thanks Mister @rat hope you can guide me out of this madness :)
  • I'm going to let you simmer on level 7 for a bit @Burpie. Hard to believe it's a two birder with that score huh?

@Estar I couldn't get above 46k with two birds on PD #3. All I learned was three stars is 47k or above. Ugly, ugly level. There's probably an easy one birder but I don't have time to find it atm. It's not obvious.
    Btw, I hit numerous two birders using different strategies and never got above 46500. Killing all the pigs with two isn't easy either. I can't imagine where the points are suppose to come from.
  • @EStar -- There is some self-destruction on Pig Dipper M-20. Very slow. Let me know if you see anything.
  • Mister @rat did you really think if the answer was obvious I would come in here and whine about it? Hmm thanks for that confidence in my flinging capabilities LOL. I agree 47 or above, I got 46990 arggghh... But will be lurking in case mister King of Space finds the solution to this devil of a level :)
  • @mvnla2 will keep it in mind, but Pig Dipper has some wicked levels, so only at 13 right now. Will let you know if I see it.
  • Just entered all the scores I have so far for the mirror levels, and I'm #3. Still have a lot of incomplete levels and 1 or 2 stars, but it's likely to be the highest I'll ever be.
    @Estar -- Just thought I'd see what I did on PD M-3 -- 1 star. Doubt I can help.
  • @mvnla2 maybe there will be chatter on the walkthrough page now that we pushed those live. All the mirror levels have pages now, but the videos of Pig Flipping Dipper, Cosmic Crystals and Beak Impact are work in progress.
  • Well I've no idea how I did it @rat,I just play because I like looking at the pretty birdies ;)
    Looking forward to your vids on Pig flippin dipper and Cosmic crappy crystal @estar. There's a couple I've come across that are evil. I'm just happy I'm not planning to tackle the whole mirror world. I'd be interested to know who else wants to play/complete them all. Is it just me that dislikes it?
  • We don't like it @JLZ666 because we were forced to play it. People hate being forced to do anything. If Rovio had just released them as new episodes we be sayin' how hard they are. Very challenging. What fun. It's all in the presentation.
  • @all
    There is a pretty easy puppy that can be gained in today's challenge.
  • Welcome to "The Bloated Pig" @AngryBirdsFanGuy438. Are there really 437 other AngryBirdFanGuys out there already?

Thanks for thr challenge heads-up @Sglouk.
  • We're not forced into anything surely @rat? I don't know what makes me dislike this. I've not played star wars 2 because it's just too different and yet I don't want to play mirror because it's not changed........kind of..Hell I don't know how to explain it. A complete change would've been good but playing the same levels back to front with different birds...in theory should be a good thing.....hmmmmm. It's a purely personal opinion. I may change my mind in the future but while it's grey and almost impossible to play (for me) I'll sadly pass. I'm just glad it's not included on the full space leaderboard.
    @sglouk Indeed,it's a fantastic new tip from @comex666! Think there could be quite a few puppies on this one.
    Hi @angrybirdsfanguy438 nice to meet you :)
  • @JLZ666 My biggest problem with Mirrors is I can't see it. My eyesight isn't good enough against that background and everything is smaller too. I'm very happy it wasn't included in Space. The nest gave it a leaderboard all it's own. As it should be. That's a lot of levels. Now, about those Fruit Loops...
  • Sneaky @Burpie, sneaky.
  • @rat9 You mean 29 & 30? I see that you already took one back and I've posted walthroughs for both. Where are those walkthroughs for 7 & 24 again? It's okay... I'll figure them out :-)
  • @Burpie I didn't see 30's walkthrough yet. And I was going back to 29 and 30 because I'd rushed through to complete the levels since I couldn't do missions. What have you done to thirty? I don't remember having any additional ideas about that one. And I have started posting in the walkthroughs. I'm just slow and doing it in order. A lot of flingers haven't had a chance to figure it out on their own yet. You don't want to take all their fun away. lol
  • OK, you didn't come up with a new strategy on 30 @Burpie. You picked up the points I left lying about. I thought I was going to be staring at an additional 10-20k again.

Sorry @Burpie I went to enter my strategies for levels 7 and 24 but couldn't remember what I did different. Dagnab this old brain. They were basically like the video.

(just joking)
  • @Rat There's probably a lot more than that, try a few million :P
    @AEX10 I've been a member of ABN since 2012, I know the ropes around here :)
  • So, I really took a break from Angry Birds recently. The last new title I played was AB Go. What's all the hype in the AB community? How are AB Epic, Stella and Transformers?
  • @Burpie I posted my strategy on level 29 for you since it was so different from yours. I'm 10k ahead of you and there's still 10k more if done correctly. I keep wasting a bird. My fingers are shaking because it's so cold outside. Show me how to do it.
    Who knew there was an additional 25k on this one a few hours ago? lol
  • No way @AngryBirdsFanGuy438. Not millions. Maybe ten or so.

Where's Ma? She hasn't been in all day. Did she celebrate her Patriots winning the Super Bowl a little too much last night? She needs to count her blessings. The end of that game was a gift.
  • @AngryBirdsFanGuy438 -- Welcome back to ABN and the BP! Remember seeing you around, but not in the BP (it's hard to remember who has and hasn't been in the BP).
    To answer your question:
    1) I still play AB Epic, although there are a lot of bugs, and I'm waiting for a new Event or a new cave, or something. The arena doesn't get you anything except bragging rights, and there are tons of cheaters. So what does "play" mean? I'm still visiting the Dojo to rank up the rest of my birds. Several are at max rank, but not all.
    2) Stella was fun when first released, but they changed the game format, and I haven't been back since. The first levels may still be fun to play, haven't checked to see if they've been changed also.
    3) Transformers just does not appeal to me. There is a forum for it, so check it out if you are interested.
    4) You didn't ask, but I stopped playing AB Go a long while ago. Just became too difficult to progress without spending real money.
  • Night Ma, wherever you are.
  • Wow I've got a lot of c atching up i guess my notifications not working:(
    Well another 10"of snow today and still c oming down; (
    bedtime for me night all
    *places baskets of earplugs on the bar and on all booths, a basket on the table by the door*
    Wwwhhhiiinnnneee Tuesday! !
  • Night Pa ♡
Post in the New Forum!