The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2116
  • 159830 Comments
  • @kelani, what did I see? Congratulations my friend, you broke the 2.6 barrier.
  • @fenikus I didn't say i didn't like Wagner?
    Good morning everyone
    Welcome again to WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee Tuesday! !
    Have a fantabulous flinging day all! !
  • @Kelani Had I continued to splash around in the river, I was going to stop at 2.6 million. I didn't think anybody else would get there. Not only did you cross the barrier, you have two others on your tail. CongRats to the three of ya. You too Ma.

You must be in one of those mall towns just north of Interstate 40 @Kelani. The closest I got to you this weekend was Ashville.
  • @Rat Yep, I'm smack in the former "furniture capital of the world". (High Point, NC actually owns the title, but it's a lie.) All the factories and corporate offices were here. Asheville, however, has become a really neat place. So, where did you actually go? You just said 'the Smoky mountains'.
  • Poor guy's getting old. @Kelani's already having "Senior Moments". Can't remember what was said yesterday. I wonder if he remembers he got to the 2.6 million milestone at Blossom River? Maybe someone should tell him every day just in case.
  • @Kelani I've been (avatar-wise) a German shepherd for at least a week. As Mr Rat said, "Senior Moments" seem to have encroached you a little early. Must be those river rodents playing with your brain!
  • And yes, that was one hell of a wedding party :-))))))))
  • Mrs. Bunny, good to hear from you. Since you were quiet for few days, I was worried Spanish police may have arrested you for secretly playing Angry Birds on your phone ;)
  • @fenikus If your dogs hear the Call of the Wild again, let me hire them. I have some moles trying to build a MoleMart Supercenter under my yard.

btw, are you playing the rio challenge today?

@hunnybunny @Rat my sleep schedule's been screwed with a few times in the last week. That kills my short term minutiae memory. As far as what was said yesterday, who knows? Charter's been down so much, I missed all kinds of things.
  • @Kelani, if you hire my dogs I guarantee results within a week or your money back. When I first moved into my house few years ago, all kinds of wildlife was thriving in my backyard. Now it's even a no-fly zone for birds. The only things stupid enough to venture in here are woodchucks, had a couple of run-ins before. I don't know what it is about woodchucks, they must not be very smart animals.

I (again) didn't know Rio was daily challenge. Is there some way to get notified of what's a daily challenge?
  • @fenikus the Spanish police seem more interested in rounding up Africans selling fake handbags, albeit they leave the accordion players alone (four songs in total: O Sole Mio, My Way, the theme from The Godfather - all of whom belong on the most over played / sung / slaughtered list - and one that I have no idea what it's called, but know some very rude words too!) in my opinion I'd send the squeeze box men to prison for life.

But I managed a few points, surreptitiously, to regain seventh place, and avoided a couple of fit looking police men on motor bikes slapping hand cuffs on me.

There again, might have to rethink on that one!
  • @fenikus just open your eyes! When you log into ABN every day, there is Today's Challenge proudly displayed right near the top of the screen.
    However, It's not on the BP page, as that's in the old forum. And I fear, unless you're "uncaged" you may just see an advert.
  • Last one before the bunny hops away. @fenikus 710 points to go..............
  • @fenikus if you look at the top of the page on the Gold Bar tap on community there will be a drop down menu with a list just tap challenge;)
    Is it illegal to play angry birds in Spain @hunnybunny ? me confused lol
  • Axckkkk I'm inn level #13 ! All marmoset gone..waiting waiting for score to tally..waiting. .turn up volume can't hear any marmoset laughter.. Suddenly YB jumps off sling..so I'm waiting waiting nothing
  • Finally! ! That took at least 5 minutes to tally score of course iLost 10k with yb practicing high dive!!
    OB a marmoset killer please better make it a Double! !
  • @hunnybunny (who already hop-hopped away), not 710, only 310 pts to go!

@Kelani, I should correct myself. No-fly zone for everything except Angry Birds, lol. Well…I actually never play AB outside so the statement was actually true.

I think I saw somewhere that ABN tweets the daily challenge. But I don't use Twitter, so…I know there is a setting in our profiles where you can elect to get notified when there is a new daily challenge leader. I never found that particularly useful, I wish they would repurpose that to notify us of what the challenge level is. @SweetP, what is the proper avenue to suggest this?
  • I think @Kathy's birds are forming a union to mess with her. Jump in da sling, jump outta da sling. Those little buggers have minds of their own! :)
  • @fenikus I have a few small slingshots i like using, and want to build an AB-style sling and mount it on a swivel in the backyard. I figure with the right tubing, I could launch stuff at least a quarter mile from here.

btw, not to step on @SweetP's toes, but I think the proper avenue is posting your idea in this forum: http://www.angrybirdsnest.com/forums/topic/ideas-for-abn/
  • @Hunnybunny Good for you. You can still party with the best of em. Even the young "Whippersnappers" need to take a paracetamol the next morning after a GOOD party. I had to look up paracetamol. We call that acetylsalicylic acid or asprin in the USA. Or if your in the Smokey Mountians, it's a BC powder. I know this because the morning after I arrived in Townsend, (see if you can remember this time @Kelani), I had a severe migraine. The trip to the reunion had taken it's toll on my neck. Not wanting to be bothered by anyone, relatives everywhere, I drove to a small convenience store/café combo, got a large coffee, sat down outside at a picnic table away from everyone, and started suffering in silence. It wasn't long before Roy, the owner, evidently noticing I wasn't doing well, brought me a BC powder and a bottle of water. He didn't say much other than BC powder is the cure all in the Smokeys. He wouldn't accept any money for the items he gave me even though that's the sort of stuff he sells at his store. It's sure great to know there are still good samaritans out there. BTW, it did help. It might have had something to do with the jolt of caffeine also in the BC powder. Ha ha
  • @fenikus you can't find out what the challenge is ahead of time that would lead to corrupt scores..it start at 10 est every night it's a new challenge you could ask the rotation though I thinks its ABO , ABS , ABR , ABRio , AbSW ABSw2
  • @Kelani -- Congrats on the 2.6 M! Will be interesting to see if anyone ever beats it. Not to say I think the rest of the River Rats won't come close, but wringing every last point out of each level is hard work. I know because I stop long before then. : )
    @fenikus -- The ABN tweets are all on the "Monitor Chatter" page.
  • @Kathy, I'm looking for something to tell me at 10 PM EST every night what the daily challenge is. Nothing in advance, just a reminder when it's already started. I have senior moments, too, so I often forget to even check what the challenge is. If I played it every day, it wouldn't be a problem, but I wait 6 days for Rio and sometimes miss the "turn".
  • @Rat Yah, BC powder is basically a powdered Excedrin tablet. I've never understood why a vasoconstrictor (caffeine) which causes headaches, is used in a headache remedy. Nice story. You can't beat a friendly Roy clerk giving you a hand. I'm happy whenever I see something like that. If you were up in @fenikus land, you'd have been arrested for loitering AND double-charged for the powder :P

btw Rat, I almost ended up on the bench with you. Those last 3 days of repeat-flinging on #12 made my elbow-version of your nerve entrapment flare up. I got the points just in time. Another day of that and I'd be hunting for pills.

@mvnla2 Thank you :) Some of those level are tedious work, but I'm sure these guys will quickly catch up. I don't expect too many more points unless I get some kind of miracle shot on #12,14,17 and 20.
  • @Kelani interesting forum, probably the correct place to make my suggestion. But I know there is now a forum topic dedicated to the COD so wanted @SweetP's input if it may be more appropriate there.

BTW, I saw one post there saying we get 5 points for each post and 10 points for logging in. I wonder if us staying logged in all the time doesn't award us 10 points on daily basis? (Not that I care much about ranking points, I sure don't want to suffer through being called a Pig Leader and then Hog Boss until I become an Avian Overlord, lol).

Mmmm, fried woodchuck for dinner…yum.
  • Ooh I understand @fenikus that's actually a good idea for those who don't play every like an alert 'Today challenge is..etc.. but ya I think its on every page in main site just not here in the old forum.
  • @fenikus COD may be a better forum. I've never seen that one.

I was told the 10 points apply every 24h or at login, and the 5 for posting is something like only your first post on a page. I wish the 'submitting alternate strategy' posts earned more than a generic "nice score!" replies. Given the time investment, that doesn't seem really fair.
  • My bad its not @fenikus :/soory .
  • @kelani you get 10points every day when your logged in.. so you can stay logged in its automatic:)
  • @Kelani, I was thinking of the forum where we can suggest daily challenge levels.

@Kathy, I know it's posted all over the place. My problem is not knowing where to look, but remembering to ;)
  • O.k going flinging
    See @feniks @kelani is trying to distract us again! !
  • No it wasn't the store clerk @Kelani. I asked the cook at the café during one of his smoke breaks, "Who was that masked man?". He told me it was the owner who had just stopped by to check on his investment. No thank you required, no money. just help and go. Truly a selfless act. You just don't see that often enough. It was refreshing!!!

Edit: It sure didn't hurt the tip I gave to the cook. Twenty dollars for a cup of coffee. I don't say this to boast or brag. I was just saying that I passed it on. Hopefully he felt a little better too.
  • That is so true Pa!! What a very nice gesture .. people like that are very rare these days. .
  • Pass it Forward is a great thing..
  • @Rat I believe it. So many people moving down here bring their rudeness and apathy along. I figure we have about 10-20 years before that random niceness is history. My friend Joey is my yardstick. If there's ever one Roy left on Earth, it'll be this guy. He's by far the most selfless, generous, altruistic person I've met, but the increasing flow of people taking advantage has almost turned him into a hermit.
  • @Kelani I too, have gotten more cynical. But days like that hopefully bring me back around. Hurray for "Joeys" and "Roys".
  • @rat - so two nice people met up! Roy for noticing you needed a BC & you for appreciation of his act. BTW paracetemol ( I think you call it acetaminophen in the US) & aspirin are actually two different mild analgesics - only saying cos side effects and contra indications are different with each of them and I'd hate for anyone to take the wrong one.
  • You're right @Mumsie. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. This has been a good example. It told me Paracetamol was acetylsalicylic acid or aspirin. It's not. I wish I could find which site told me this. I want to give them a piece of my mind. I know I didn't misread it because I used it to verify how I spelled acetylsalicylic. Ha ha
  • @Rat, you may have been reading about Excedrin which combines the two plus adds caffeine. Incidentally, according to @Kelani, that is exactly what BC powder is.
  • @Kelani, I never said I thought you were right on BC powder, which is why I qualified my statement with "according to @Kelani". Quick search on BC powder shows that it's only aspirin and caffeine which is not Excedrin formula.

You can't trust everything you see on the internet, and especially if it has a trademark "Powered by Kelani" ;)
  • Nope @fenikus, I googled paracetamol. And it said incorrectly that it was asprin. I had to google it. I had no idea what Mrs. Bunny was talking about.
  • @fenikus Thanks a lot! :P Yet more flinging time lost while I try to track down what brand I was thinking of that's identical to BC. Hmm. I thought Excedrin was discontinued last year. Maybe it was the 2012 recall.
  • @Rat, then go to your browser's history which should show you what sites you visited recently. If it really has that (dis)information, you should let them know for sure, they might kill someone with their crap!

@Kelani, Excedrin is back, though they don't sell anymore "Excedrin Tension Headache" formula which I used to swear by. I sometimes get these "visual migraines" (as my eye doctor calls them) where I see jagged lines for up to two hours and I'm useless for reading or looking at the screen (not good when your profession calls for it). That thing would get rid of the problem in 10 minutes. They assure me that Excedrin Migraine is the same thing and according to the label, it is, but I swear it doesn't work as well.
Post in the New Forum!