The Bloated Pig - A Place for Weary Flingers Page 2115
  • 159888 Comments
  • @Karen68 Woodpecker's gives more 1-birders, maybe 1 in 50. SweetP's is more like 1 in 1000-2000 but they're higher scoring on average.

If both you K-ladies say piggies and marmosets do that weird stuff, I shall take you at your word. I'd love to see it.

@Rat hour and a half northwest of Charlotte. Basically at the crappy bottom of those mountains.
  • Wow it's pretty scarey when we can all remember level #6:off the top of our head without even checking or blinking an eye..do you think we have a problem ? Maybe we need to visit @sparty83 aba forum:/
  • Thanks guys. I've been close with SweetP's strat like you used Rat, only to get a leaning right tower that won't fall. I've had a couple with Woodpecker's strat but low scoring. The average is pretty high on this one. Still working on a decent 2-birder too.
    @kathy haven't been to Sparty's forum in a while. But I'm not addicted.... no, not me. And you guys just have a good memory that's all.
  • I had a dream about #12 last night. Stupid level.
  • Good luck @Karen68 a lot of these levels are'progressive'the more you fling the score goes up. .
  • Lol @kelani I'm flinging #12 right now. .it IS a stupid level. .haha. ..
  • *waaah*. beat #12 high score on ipad, checked my board, still 1k under my PC score.

I can barely get a low scoring 1-birder. That one I just got was first one in 2 days.
  • The trick on #12 is the reverse remi.. is very tricky I've found if you get boomer go back a way before reversing he has more oomph when he hits..
  • I haven't managed a good scoring one birder on level 12 @kelani to random:/
  • Wow I don't think I've ever dreamt about a level before @kelani. Maybe you need to visit Sparty's forum :)
    Haven't got to 12 yet, if the twit boomer is there it must be stupid.
    I'm going to whine more about level 3. Nearly 4 hours (sadly I've been keeping track) & not a single 1-birder. That kind of level sucks all the joy out of the game.
  • Ohh @Karen68 ya the one birder in level #3 is tough gotta hit those chains just right to get that tnt to drop.. good luck..
    Well folks I'm gonna say good night all.. happy flinging .
    BBFNIMCBLIDKBPW
  • @Kathy actually, there's no magic shot on 3. It's just one of those 1 in 1,000 random things, although if you reduce power enough to just break both chains, it works a bit better. And by better I mean 1 in 500, low-scoring 1-birders.

@Karen68 There's some scary level 3 info in Kathy's note. I'm on a mission right now, but after I hit 2.6M, if I still feel compelled to play some of these awful level, I will definitely check out that forum :)

#12 no remi or boomer for me. I need the 1-birder. 2 birder, the best you can get w/2 perfect shots is around 93-94k
  • @kelani I'll have to try reducing power although I find it very hard to do on an ipad. But maybe tomorrow. And I have no doubt you'll hit the 2.6 million mark :)
    Night @kathy. I'm off to sleep too, way too tired to keep flinging.
    Have a good night all!
  • What scary @kelani in my note on level #3 ?
  • Night night @Karen68
  • @Kathy scary how rare it is, and how aiming means nothing. #3 has clocked the most testbox time of any AB level.
  • Wahooo !!! Congrats @Kelani !! *:shakes kelani hand vigorously* nice job my friend where'd you get the final points?
  • Aha level #10 i see .. i guess we'll have to watch the news reports tomorrow. .;)
  • Hhm I guess @Kelani took his points and flew off like a marmoset inn the River. Ooh noo maybe they dragged him under never to be seen again..uhmm so if we fish @kelani out of the deep do we get extra points? @fenikus @bernersenn @Pa?
  • Well I guess that that's. ..night all. ..oohhh its
    WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee Tuesday. .
    *sets out baskets of earplugs on the bar and on all booths..
    Good luck Flingers hope the whine helps.. goes like this
    WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee !! Helps to mention the level your whining about or in my case Blossom River in general Need More Points!! WWWwwwHhhhhhiiiiiinnnnneeeee
  • lol no. @Kathy I got attacked by the mean ol river gator. I'm OK now though.
    2nd line of post says where i found em . level 10. Sorry, I had to sneak back above you though. :(

Yeah, I bet if you guys fished me out, I'd be a few k points lighter when I dried off :P
  • ok WWWhhhhiiiiinnnnnneeeeee I need pooooints on leveeeels 123456789101112131411617181920 for @Kathy@fenikus@Rat@bernersenn@hunnybunny@SweetP@Karen68@mvnla2@anyoneelseiforgot
  • was that a group whine? Indeed it was.
  • Congrats @Kelani, well done! The River is brightly lit by celebratory fireworks.
  • Woo hooo @fenikus what a Brilliant Dislplay!!
  • @fenikus ooo. that's quite pretty. and thank youuuu. Now I can park my butt in here and pester y'all until you join me. :)
  • @kelani you need to put spaces between the @mentions above .
    Happy the river didn't grab ya lol..
  • @Kathy, I know! isn't that lovely? Looks like a Bellagio show, or something.

btw, I wasn't trying to mention everyone, just being silly. :P
  • Well @Kathy, the organizational committee sure had AMPLE time to prepare the show so it had better been good ;)
  • I gots to go to bed I had already shut off my notifications and just popped inn to say good night @Pa and I saw the fireworks and got distracted. .:^
    Night @Pa
  • It was surely spectacular @fenikus c well deserved @Kelani.. night night. .
  • ain't that the truth. sheesh. I swear, if I'd gotten 10 points today, giving me 2,599,990 there would be smashed electronics lying around.

'night @Kathy I guess @Rat's sweepy after his car twip.
  • Park yer butt, @Kelani? I wouldn't let my guard down and rest on the laurels, like you said it's just a milestone. I don't want to spoil your well deserved celebration but It is easier to climb to the top than to stay there! And look at @crivit making a surge in the past few days!
  • I can hear the music in my head to go with the fireworks lol
    Duhduhdudadnnda can you turn it down gotta sleep..
  • @Kathy, you don't like Wagner? Fine, we'll scale it down a notch…good night!
  • @fenikus I'm not resting.. until June 5, anyway. I'm just not gonna slave away on levels I hate as much :) I saw @crivit 's surge, but like @bryonjames he's a PC user. Unless he has some mystical skill or a 2nd device handy, I'm not too worried about them yet. :P
  • @Kelani, what do you mean you're not worried about PC users? Aren't you one?

Edit: Duhduhdudadnnda can only mean Ride of the Valkyries...
  • @fenikus if I had no ipad scores, I'd be a heck of a lot lower

yeah yeah I know dudhuduhduh means that. It's just so overplayed. There's only so many times you can hear it used in a dish soap commercial before it loses its appeal. :)
  • btw R.o.t.Valkyries is #1 on the list of most overused classical pieces in Movies/TV. some of the others are

William Tell Overture by Gioacchino Rossini
    Morning Mood by Edvard Grieg
    Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss
    Orchestral Suite No. 3 (‘Air on the G String’) by J.S. Bach
    "O Fortuna" from Carmina Burana - Carl Orff

• Hm, I rarely watch commercials since I TiVo everything. You have to admit RotV was kick-ass in Apocalypse Now. And I remember Albinoni's Adagio used in Rollerball, but that's it. One of my favorite pieces ever.
  • @fenikus Yeah, It was nice in Apoc. Now, and I'm 100% with ya on the Adagio. A friend and I used to warm up playing that on acoustic guitar and a hammond organ. :P Bonus points if you ever heard the Doors version of it on 'An American Prayer'. That's song + Jim Morrison spoken word is a pretty trippy combo.

My favorite stuff's the old Russian nationalist guys: Modest Mussorgsky, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, etc.

edit: I also Tivo, but it's upstairs. My flinging lair is downstairs in the wood shop with a big old 150lb Sony TV and no DVR. Good Electronics don't appreciate being left in sawdust. :)
  • Hm, I have a 150lb Sony in my basement as well. I don't dare turn it on because it'd probably catch fire and burn the house down :)

Anyway, congrats again and thank you for finally releasing the pressure. Seemed like the whole world was holding its breath watching the race to mount 2.6. Now we can all sleep easier and not dream about BR levels, lol. Bed time here, good night. And give yourself a day off, I promise not to leave you too far behind ;)
  • lol, thanks again, and bring it on, man! :P I'm just glad I don't have to dread that morning leaderboard refresh anymore. Now, I wanna see this little island full of @RiverRats by the end of the week!
  • And the Rio regulars have lost the rat race at the river. CongRATs @Kelani.
  • Congrats, @Kelani. Duhduhdudadnnda indeed... great music for fireworks, soap commercials and driving a tank through Poland.

Further additions to the list of overplayed classical music:
    Handel's water music
    Bethoven's 5th, 9th, fur Elise
    Mozart's eine kleine Nachtmusik
    Gershwin's rhapsody in blue (jazz, classical, whatever)
    Tchaikovsky’s 1812 overture

I hope you're not fed up with Angry Birds after this. We have the new Space episode scheduled for next week (T-200 hours and counting).
  • Hunnybunny creeps in wearing dark glasses, OB offers her coffee and paracetamol.
    That was one heck of a good wedding party!
    She manages to leave congratulations for @Kelani and hops feebly away......
Post in the New Forum!