Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 151 total)
  • Replies
  • ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Rage fills up more slowly, through non-item methods. That Falcon wiped out 2/3 of my team with one blow. I just gave up and used a mighty eagle cuz it was the first orange portal I’d seen.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@salnayil Rage chili growth slowed by 15 percent

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

The broken yellow chili ssyombol means your rage meter fills up more slowly than normal.

JoshSP1985
    @joshsp1985

Lvl 34 with most of the set weapons

My question was specifically for defeating orange portal bosses. The caves are childs play compared to those dragons especially considering it’s random which one you get.

I’ve yet to see anyone suggest a team setup that can handle all the dragon types w/o potions.

TomC
    @tomc

@joshsp1985 What are your mastery ranks on your birds? I think for these dragon bosses, the lower the level the better because at Level 37 they deal like 300 more damage than at Level 33 while your birds’ weapons and mastery levels might not compensate for 300 more HP in 4 levels. I only have Level 7 Mastery as my highest and used Wizard, Bard, and Sea Dog on the green dragon and Rainbird, Bard, Sea Dog on the red dragon. If you have the Golden Chili upgrade, just use Sea Dog’s Gang Up on Chuck, and then use the Chili on Chuck first turn. This usually gets me around 4000 to 5000 damage and then hope for stuns or critical hits.

JoshSP1985
    @joshsp1985

It’s random what dragon you get though….

My birds are all 5 or 3 with majority Red, White, blues classes being 5 the more popular classes are 5.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

-Falcon Horus-

I got this dragon earlier in the day. With no Healer bird (other than Paladin) or Samurai Bird, I was dead in 10 seconds. I had NO chance.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@joshsp1985 — The lineup I mentioned on previous page worked fine in the gold/orange portal without any potions (you do need the Yin/Yang set to speed up the rage chili) as long as I was level 33 or 34. When I was level 33 or 34, the only dragon I encountered at the end of the gold portal was the Falcon Horus. At level 35, every thing changed: I got the big green dragon who calls the little ones, and I had to use potions even to get to the final wave. The green dragon is much harder IMO than the Falcon Horus. I’ve played both at level 35. Seems to me that the enemies everywhere on the island as well as in the event are getting much harder than they used to when you leveled up. I have beat the large green dragon at level 35 with the same lineup I mentioned on the previous page, but I did have to use a lot of potions.

abirds954
    @abirds954

Just beat Falcon Horus. What a PITA. Used Guardian, Druid, Tricksters. Took around 15 rounds.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The best birds you use against the dragons depends on what items you have and what mastery level your birds are. I like using Spies because I have BEEP attack and I like using Lightning bird because I don’t have a set for Chuck so I can have Chuck make my Spies attack. When fighting a dragon I’d recommend using your rage chili with either blues or Matilda. Use on Blues if you can do enough damage to kill it before it gets to attack again. Otherwise use it on Matilda since you need all the healing. I would probably like Sea Dog with Scissors the most before Scissors got nerfed because that bird does the most damage of all the birds, but I don’t have either the Sea Dog or Scissors set.

I use Lightning bird, Spies, and Princess. I use Spies, Princess and rage chili for healing against the dragon. Lightning Bird always makes Spies attack. Against most dragons I don’t need to use any consumables. Before the final wave I make sure all birds are at full health and Spies’ Glee is active on one or two birds. In other words I let one enemy survive in wave 8 while I’m casting all my heals and buffs to prepare myself for wave 9 before I kill it. My strategy is not going to work for you if you don’t have the BEEP attack set. I also equip with the Sweet set.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Finally encountered the red dragon. IMO, from easiest to hardest they are Falcon Horus, Red, Green.
    Still using the same birds as on the last page, now level 35.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just curious about how many event medals everyone has.
    I have 15,615, and the second person on my leaderboard has 4,290

chitoines
    @chitoines

i have 14350 so far. i start my day with the orange portals, then throughout i just hit the purple ones as the energy recharges unless work takes me away long enough that i get 15 energy again :)

abirds954
    @abirds954

I’m at ~12,000, got a 9k lead on second place.

@chitoines
    Same boat! Work either is slow and I’m staring at the recharge counter, or busy and I come back hours later to a full 15 stamina.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2

I’m at 17,595 medals or thereabouts and am finding the final battle on the orange void-portal to be a real grind. I’m playing with level-37 birds – Samurai-8, Wizard-6, Druid-6 – and have to say… it’s not easy! I HATE using potions as a matter of pride but I’ve been left with very little choice!

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

I am currently at 22,020 medals. Second place on my board is at 11,225. As for what my friend @angryde says, I also do my best to win the battles without potions, but during the times when the game was between updates, I was furiously farming ingredients and mixing potions, and it has paid off in these final orange battles. I currently have:

Pig Cherry Juice Rank 6 – 306
    Fruit Cake Rank 7 – 203
    Burning Veggie Cake – 288

…and I’m not afraid to use them in this case. The prize of 6,000 mastery points for each class is HUGE!

The veggie cakes are extremely helpful in that final battle. On a side note, I think I would like to try a slice of actual Burning Veggie Cake… looks like a pizza with peppers and hot pumpkin spices. And wash it down with a tall glass of Stamina Drink… mmmmmm :)

abirds954
    @abirds954

@dbkraemer What, no sardines on top? Or are you afraid the Mighty Eagle will (literally) kill you.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@abirds954 – Hahaha! Actually, I’m afraid that the sardines might actually kill me…bleccchhh! :)

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

I have 28,500 and the second person on my leaderboard has 6,625.

All at Level 8 with 37 Max
    Paladin with Dragontooth Set
    Thunderbird with Living Lightning Set
    Sea Dog with Rock Scissors Set

Feel free to friend me. See my facebook contact information in my profile.

angryde
    @angryde

@dbkraemer. Sweet, merciful Jehoshaphat – 800 damn potions! You are like a fundamental force of nature, dude… it’s immensely comforting. To witness your maniacal OCD running rampant across several AB apps/games is – indeed – a privilege. :-) Love your work! *** awestruck fanboy ***

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@all — I’m now level 36 with 17,880 battle medals. Second place is 5620.
    I wonder if anyone is in second place on their board? Would also be interesting to know if the 15 people on my board all share the same board. Must say if so, I would be pretty discouraged to be 17,000 pts out of first place, which several of them are.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. Yeah, I’m on 19,000 now… and second place – on my board – is 11,005. Third is at 3,300 and the rest are in the hundreds. I agree with your observation… it’d be pretty depressing to be thousands and thousands of medals behind.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@angryde – OK, now that I’ve stopped rolling around laughing, I can tell you that I swear that I really do have a job, and seriously… it’s been weeks since I moved out of my Mom’s basement…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

On my leaderboard I’m only allowed to see the players right above and right below me. My score is 12,660 and 2nd is 9905. I’ve had some bad luck on the wheel spins by getting the minimum or close to it more than average. When I was in 2nd, 3rd place was about 1/3 of my score. About 80-85% of the experience I earned to go from level 33 to level 37 was earned through these Void events. I’d complete many of the waves in 1 or 2 rounds and when I got to wave 9 I might restart if the dragon was winning. You earn tons of experience this way since most waves have 6-7 enemies and I’m usually only playing when the double bonus is active.

burbman
    @burbman

@killerkea – tap on the podium next to the bar showing where you stand on your leaderboard, and it will show you the full list of people on your board and their current scores.

I am number one on my board with ~14,000 medals so far, second place has about half of that, third through seventh are closely bunched between 2,000 and 3,500, four more players have points, and the rest show zero. Some of them have added names to their boards. I use my user name here, if everyone did that, maybe we could identify if another nester is on our board and confirm if we are seeing the same list.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 151 total)
  • The topic ‘Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.