About saving your old games

Home Forums General Discussions Forum About saving your old games

• Some things to note: you maybe have to retire the device from other uses and dedicate it to the games. I’m doing that. It’s not safe to even upgrade the OS (android, iOS, or iPadOS ) because it may cause the old code in these games to fail and that is normal. My ipad is stuck on iPadOS 13.something due to its age anyways so I have to get a new one.

You won’t be able to play on multiple devices but that should be OK. Play the modern stuff on one, haul out the other for nostalgia.

Interactive things won’t work, e.g. mighty challenge, because those need connections to Rovio and there are limits to what we can expect from a 13 year old game and they have come up with the re-make lol. But I believe we have a right to our level data.

Facebook is another method Game companies use to allow people to save their games online. Candy crush and AB Friends are two notable examples. But the gaming company controls the existence of this functionality. For example, AB Stella was pulled off Facebook by Rovio and unlike the old Rovio Account server which isn’t really gone yet, the Stella Facebook connection is gone. The game still works offline but I’m starting it all over again.

I’m lucky I did not use the Rovio Account in any other of the games where it was offered so the rest of mine are all safe. If others are losing any other games’ levels, if we win one battle, we may win them all.

Also, all of the games work fine for me on this old equipment & OS.

Any obsessed fans could still buy older refurbished tablets and load APKs (I think that’s what they are called). My knowledge in loading software onto Android or iOS via non App Store sources is non-existent so you need to research. There are also android emulators for Windows PCs and lots of opportunities there.

Good luck with it all.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.