What's your Flinger Finger?
  • One day I saw my mom playing Angry Birds (RARE!) and she used her ring finger. Strange, but it got me thinking....

So what finger do you fling with/ on which hand? And as @mvnla2 suggested, what kind of device?
  • 57 Comments
  • I usually use my thumb on my left hand and then and then activate the birds power with my thumb on my right hand.
  • I use my right forefinger to shoot and activate birds' power. Sometimes I use my left thumb and activate them with my right thumb or even I use my middle finger
  • Great forum idea @tas. I use my left forefinger to fling the birds (because the slingshot is always on the left), I use the right forefinger to do the "remi reverse shot" and I use either left and right fore finger to active birds power, only use thumb to zoom
  • I just use my thumbs, left for flinging, right for powers.
  • I use my right index finger to fling the birds and activate the birds powers on my I Pod and I use a stylus to fling birds on my I Pad Mini.
  • Strange- I just don't see how you fling with your right hand.
  • @theanonymoussomeone I agree. But my mom uses her forefinger on the right hand.
  • Forefinger right hand as a rule, but have ambidextrous moments when I use left forefinger. Not for any flinging advantage, just doing something else with the right hand, like eating lunch.
    Goodness, how day to day living interrupts the flinging
    Edit, as per mvnla comment below - only play on iPad, never even thought it was odd to to use the right hand, just a right handed person I suppose.
  • Would be interesting to include which device people use. My suspicion is that those that use thumbs are more likely to be on a phone.
    I'm on iPad, and I generally use a stylus held in my right hand. If I'm not using the stylus, I use my right forefinger (even when I play, if rarely, on my iPhone). For levels that require very fast timing, I sometimes use both left and right forefingers.
  • Good call @mvnla2. I use a Nook color.
  • Left middle finger on both PC and phone. When I have to quickly activate abilities of birds such as Lazer bird or Han Solo I use my right middle finger to do that. Weird. I know.
  • Pre-stylus, I used whichever finger hurt the least at the time ;), but preferred right forefinger, or sometimes, um, er, the right middle finger. I can do certain things with my left hand, but flinging isn't one of them.

• Right index finger, and right little finger when I'm trying to find that elusive sweet spot (iPad)
  • Left thumb for launching and activation. Right thumb occasionally for specific locations. No fingers ever. iPad user.
  • Angry Birds is exercise for my thumbs
  • Must try thumbs!!!
  • Finally some thumb people!
  • Thumbs on an iPad!? But... why? Aren't they kinda big for the job? I have skinny thumbs as thumbs go, but I still wouldn't want to use them for flinging.... yikes!
  • Guys, you've got the wrong idea. This forum was made for those of you on PC, not mobile devices. LOL X^D But seriously, sorry if you feel left out.
  • You're kidding, right? Where does it say PC?
  • little android phone mostly.... i use left thumb (but i'm left handed too, seems like game was designed for left handers, lol) .... and if i'm trying to be very accurate left index i guess cause my finger tip is smaller on that finger... and right thumb to activate ability
  • @mvnla2 it was a joke because PC users have a mouse.
  • Well, I have a touchscreen on my PC.
  • Oh. What do you use (fingerwise?)
  • I use my right index finger on my iPad.
  • Oh. Do you use mouse on PC still then?
  • I do not play Angry Birds on my PC, so I don't fling there.

There is no mouse on my PC.
  • Playing AB on a touchscreen PC is great. Mine is about four times bigger than an iPad. I never need to zoom in or complain about fat fingers. The two huge disadvantages are that you can't take it with you anywhere, and that you're never gonna get an update on time.
    That's why I also play on the phone.
  • It depends on where I am & what position I'm playing in. Most of the time I'm sitting & use left thumb to aim/launch & stylus (recently) or right pointer or middle finger to activate on a specific location. Or I use my right thumb to activate if location doesn't matter.
    Like @hunnybunny, I've shifted to left hand only when doing other things like brushing teeth &standing. Then I tend to go with index finger control. I actually got a personal high score on a level using left hand only (I'm right handed) that I couldn't improve on afterwards. (Shrug)
    Sometimes when I've been playing a level for too long, I'll switch to right hand only middle or index finger control for a while. Sometimes it seems to help to mix things up. Whatever works....
    iPad
  • iPad - Most of the time I fling and activate using my right hand with a TruGlide stylus (white w/gold mesh, lol) but like @ABCrazy and @mvnla2 I sometimes just use whatever finger or hand is convenient . There are some levels where I use both hands in order to activate immediately out of the sling.
  • I use both thumbs for flinging on my iPod, and index fingers on the iPad. Pretty simple :D
  • I generally use my left thumb to fling and either thumb to activate. I play on a phone.

P.S. During long sessions my screen heats up enough to slowly roast part of my thumb. This is probably a sign that I shoult quit playing for a while, but I've found that I can continue for several hours more if I slightly rotate my thumb and sacrifice a new square inch of skin.

P.P.S. By about 3 in the morning my entire thumb is well-done. This is when I start to play by banging my head into the screen. I have yet to improve on a score in this way.
  • @burpie - ok that was really funny!
    I'm on a SIII and use left forefinger to fling and right one to activate. Thumbs on bottom and middle and ring on top are holding up the phone. Pinkies are primarily there to provide english (they don't but they certainly have no other use).
  • Half of the people use left hand, others use right hand, it's kinda strange because the sling shot is always on the left so how can they play with the right hand
  • I don't get it either @fbb
  • Well, most people are right handed. If you uses a computer with a touch screen, your hand doesn't block your view. I play on the iPad and rest it on my lap. Using either my right forefinger or a stylus does not really block your view.
  • I'm left handed (sort of) so I guess it makes sense when you put it that way @mvnla2.
  • I play with my right on my iPad, and rarely have trouble seeing around it, especially when using a stylus. Sometimes the angle is weird, but Then I just slightly rotate the iPad. No problem!
  • i answered earlier but i had to add this.... If i'm eating i can hold the phone sideways in my left hand, gripping it with left index and pinky, and also shoot with my left thumb, and activate the ability with left thumb.... food stays in right hand as to not get my phone all greased up.... does anyone else play by phone while holding food or something in one hand?
  • @crash -- You may win the title for most addicted! Do you ever get a good score doing that?
  • @mvnla2--I'm not sure @ABcrazy shouldn't win that award. Flinging while brushing your teeth? Are you guys and gals for real?
  • @crash , I've learned to avoid the one-handed grip while eating. I tried it once and:
    a) I couldn't easily reach the pause/ reset button,
    3) Whenever I narrowly missed a new personal best, my screen got covered in taco. That happened like five times.
  • LOL @Burpie hope the taco is sorry! But seriously, I don't fling while I eat, as I have my nook, which is much bigger than a phone.
  • You can eat and curse at the same time. It can slow you down when your device is in danger of immediate aerobatics toward the wall. That, incidentally, would involve all 5 digits on one hand and the arm.
  • HAHAHA LOL @78rpm hilarious!
  • I use my left pointer to launch the bird and also activate it's power, sometimes I use my right pointer to activate the power.
  • I use my right thumb and index finger to pull back the sling and activate powers.
  • Hmmm dunno how I missed this newish forum, bunch of funny people here! LOL Good idea @tas! :)
    I'm an iPhone user, I fling and activate with my left pointer finger, I tried every finger but that's the only one that worked for me. I'm ambidextrous but predominantly right handed, that is except for all things AB and typing. Can't do either well or fast with my right hand, not even on my Dads iPad, still needed to play with my left finger if I wanted to make a good score.
    My sister plays with her left thumb, I still can't help but stare and wonder HTH she can do it with any precision?! But then @rats the King of Space and he uses his thumb so there you have it, thumbs work (somehow?!)
    @rat9 I do tons of things while flinging, shoot I've even vacuumed while flinging!! How frikken out of control is THAT!!! Granted it didn't work too well but it didn't stop me from trying!! ;)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!