Thread for PC Users - Only for issues/problems! (Moved to the "New Forum"!) Page 3
  • 116 Comments
  • Now its really messed up. Went in as a text file not a lua file
  • Think I'm going to have to uninstall and redownload
  • This is the simplest way I can describe how to do this properly.
    1. Open .Lua file with Notepad
    2. Delete the last line and replace it with renderer = { "gl", "gl1", "gles1", "gles2" }
    3. When you Save the file , click Save As... , not Save
    4. Change the File type from text to All Files and save it somewhere else on your Desktop
    5. Close the original .Lua file and don't save it.
    6. Cut and Paste the new file into the folder and replace the old .lua file with the new one.
  • @zubby See iBird's comment a few lines above yours.
  • Did all that. Just as you said to do, tinostar11. Lua file saves itself (I saved as all files) and when I moved it into the rovio file it was text file. I will try once more. Am getting really frustrated, and I KNOW ya'll are sick of hearing about it.
  • SUCCESS!!! YEA!! Thank you so much, @iBirds and @tinostar11
  • I need help!!! I'm dying to get ABSWII on my PC, but I'm having the hardest time. download.angrybirds.com doesn't have the demo up (i've refreshed a million times on multiple browsers and I can't get it to show up). Also everytime I try and purchase the PC game off of shop.angrybirds.com I get an error saying 'transaction denied: transaction not allowed.
    I can't believe it has been this crazy
  • @kennydupree For the demo, you can check http://shop.angrybirds.com/us/pc-installation-guide , though http://download.angrybirds.com has been updated worldwide as well.
  • @Twylatime You're welcome :)
  • i am a pc player of all things ab, but at times impatient so use android on pc emulator.... got as far as i could on sw2, but still was lacking about 8 characters in the reward chapter.... i refuse in principle to spend monies beyond initial buy.... looks like it is impossible to finish andriod w/o buying credits. but then along came PC sw2!! 1 have finished about 12 levels and have accumulated over1000 pts! and looks like if i get stuck in the end i can re_star for some points, even if reduced.... it is challenging if u have say 5 lives of a character to pick a level where his abilities mesh with point potential to allow u to reach his goal & unlock his reward chapter...but looks like potential is there to finish entire game for the 4.95 game buy....nice! one issue i have..... the level restart arrow is gone.... it takes 2 clicks of mouse to restart level.... oh well....
  • Can also hit "R" on your keyboard.
  • lhave an odd setup.... play in a recliner 15 ft from pc facing 56 screen, only have mouse... typing on virtual keyboard now... thanks 4 tip anayway
  • HOLY COW... this has had to be the worst experience i've ever had to try and get a rovio game running on my PC. Usually it takes less than 2 minutes to download, purchase an activation key and get playing. It has been a wild goosechase just to find a link to download the demo, then i had to do all of that 'notepad- render' nonsense. And I still can't get an activation code, because every time i put my credit card info in on the dumb shop.angrybirds.com website i get the 'transaction denied' error message. Anyone else run into this problem? What do i do to get around it?
  • Omg Thank you @ibird Your "fix" worked perfectly. Trust and believe I don't know much about computors, your instructions made it very easy to fix the issue of SW2 not opening. Worked perfectly and easy for a layperson to follow....lol love having a "Guru" to tell us mere mortals what to do ;)
  • @Dea1 I'm Glad I could help :)
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!