ABS Update Removes previous version
  • This happened on both my Android phone and on my Kindle. First, my settings are set to update all Angry Birds games automatically. ABS did not update automatically. When I went to download and install the update, I got a message that it could not install without removing the previous version. It so happens that I DO have a backup, so I went ahead and installed, but it deleted ALL of my previous data. My mother-in-law also has a Kindle, and her game updated automatically without any problem and did not delete any previous data. Any ideas?
  • 9 Comments
  • I assume you are using the version from the Amazon Appstore?
  • @amslimfordy yes, I am, however so is my mother-in-law. I'm pretty sure I have to use that version on the Kindle.
  • This has been reported a few times, and Rovio is aware of it. Unfortunately, we have no solution, though it may be a good idea to look into some (unofficial) backup apps in Google Play.
  • Just fyi:
    I just upgraded my android and used Angry Birds Backup from Rice Labs from the Play Store. It worked fine using Dropbox except that it took away all my Mighty Eagles in ABS. But it did keep everything else as is. The only thing is you MUST pay attention when it tells you that you have to get 1 star in a version (ABO/ABS etc) before it will upgrade that version.
  • Space Eagles in Angry Birds Space are stored in a separate .lua file, which perhaps said app does not grab.
  • Here's another issue with this recent update (Rovio wrote and told me that the bug which makes you replace your prior game has been fixed, by the way) but when it replaced my prior game, it did not give me back Danger Zone. As in, it's not there at all! I wouldn't even mind paying the .99 again (well worth it to me) but it has vanished! Any ideas?
  • It was removed from Amazon I believe due to purchasing issues.
  • At least for my Kindle, Danger Zone came back with the most recent update. I tried to purchase it again, but my account recognized that I had already purchased, and it loaded at no additional cost to me. @kpnanny - try updating the app and see what you can get.
  • Thanks @burbman! Worked on the Kindle. I guess my phone will have to do without for now.
This discussion has been closed. Please check the new forum.
← All Discussions
Post in the New Forum!